Strength Workouts!

Options
Hi I wanted to get some advice on what I should incorporate into my work outs at the gym and how often. I have not done any of the weights at the gym and just wanted some opinions on what I should be doing. Thanks for any input!

4312059.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the Stronglifts 5x5 program. Anything that emphasizes compound movements, heavy weight/low reps and good form is a winner.
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    A lot of what you need to do will depend on where you are at physically. It varies from person to person. Free weights, I think, are the best way to start off with weights. You can google just about anything you want to know. It will give you exercises to do and a lot of them even have video clips so you can see how they are done. Also, if you want to zone in on one certain area there are usually exercises that best fit. I do free weights Mon. Wed. & Fri. and then I do an Ab and Butt work out on Tue. Thurs. & Sat. To offset those I do the elliptical anywhere from 20 minutes to 60 minutes. It's really what you are capable of doing. Good luck.
  • Rachellelyne1
    Options
    my trainer at the YMCA always tells me to work the large muscle groups first. Legs/chest/back (any order) then do your biceps, etc after that and always do core/abs last.