Clean Chicken Tortilla Soup

Options
MrsNelson0904
MrsNelson0904 Posts: 122 Member
I found this recipe off of www.oxygenmag.com. The hubby and I made it this week and it was DELICIOUS! Best of all - it's a crockpot dish! I'm just dying to share it!

Ingredients:
•1 1/2 lb uncooked chicken breasts
•1 15-oz can whole, flavored, stewed tomatoes
•1 can corn
•1 can chickpeas
•10 oz salsa
•1 medium onion, chopped
•4 oz jarred jalapeño, reserve 1/2 cup of liquid
•2 cloves garlic, minced
•2 cups water
•1 14 1/2-oz can chicken broth
•1 package low-sodium taco or chili seasoning
•1/4 tsp black pepper
•1 bay leaf
•1 tbsp chopped cilantro
•4 tbsp chopped avocado
•Whole-grain tortilla chips

Instructions:
1.Line a crock pot with chicken breasts.
2.Place all other ingredients (except tortilla chips) on top of chicken and stir gently to combine. Cook on low for at least 8 hours.
3.An hour before serving, remove chicken breasts and shred with forks. Return shredded chicken to pot and let cook for remaining hour. Serve with tortilla chips on the side.

Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 360, Total Fats: 14 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 40 mg, Sodium: 880 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 38 g, Dietary Fiber: 6g, Sugars: 7g, Protein: 24 g, Iron: 2 mg

My personal motifications: 1 can of black beans drained and rinsed instead of chickpeas and I left the chicken broth out and just added extra water. It tasted fine and saved us some extra calories and salt!

Replies

• AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    sounds great!
  • thankyoulord
    Options
    I just joined. I am trying to maintain an Atkins way of eattig and keep carbs at 25 and below....Thios says carbs should be around 150 or more for me???