Bumped up calorie count

Options
femmi1120
femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
I bumped up my calories from 1200 to 1500 based on advice from my doctor and a friend who is a nutrition major.. and now I'm hungry all the time...

Is this normal? And is it a good thing?

Replies

• femmi1120
    Options
    Anyone...?
  • Betsiz17
    Betsiz17 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am 5"2" and I was given 1200 calories originally by MFP (to lose 1-2 lbs./week). I was starving, so I upped it to 1300. More manageable, but weight loss is much slower, so not sure how to answer your question. I guess I would follow the advice of your dr. and nutritionist friend and see how that goes for awhile.
  • gadzukks
    gadzukks Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    EAT MORE fiber from whole grains, fruits and vegetables with skins, beans, lentils and legumes. Aim for 25-35 grams each day to help reduce your calorie intake and increase your satiety level.
  • liz3marie
    liz3marie Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I just upped mine also. I started out in november at 1200-1300, for almost two weeks now I've been eating around 1400. I just feel that 1200 is to little for me, id say give it a try for around two weeks if you don't like the results or how your feeling mor importantly then try upping or lowering a lil bit. Just gotta find what works best for yo:flowerforyou: u, good luck!
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    great idea in fact. lower will slow your metabolism over the long term. 1200 isn't doable for long term... yes, 1500-1700 is a good range to start in. dont' risk slowing your metabolism down.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I think some days you are just going to be more hungry than others.

Maybe eat a lot of small things all day. I really graze all day!!! I probably eat something every 2 hours.

I choose higher protein foods and snacks and this helps a lot. So make your meals smaller (well, my breakfast is HUGE) but everything else I eat, are small portions.
  • femmi1120
    Options
    I think some days you are just going to be more hungry than others.

Maybe eat a lot of small things all day. I really graze all day!!! I probably eat something every 2 hours.

I choose higher protein foods and snacks and this helps a lot. So make your meals smaller (well, my breakfast is HUGE) but everything else I eat, are small portions.

I've been doing that even before I upped the cals. When I was at about 1200, I always felt like I was eating my snacks before I even had time to get hungry again. Now, I get full really easily, but then I'm hungry again like an hour later. It's very strange.

And my snacks are usually either fruits, veggies, nuts, or cheese. Feel free to check out my diary, it's open to everyone.

P.s. haven't had my dinner yet, but went ahead and counted it. It is pizza but before I get a lecture, just want to say that I'm babysitting all day until midnight, and since I had no time to pack my lunch, I have no other options.