Looking for high calorie folks to add as friends!

Options
maryrr88
maryrr88 Posts: 76 Member
Hi all!

I joined MFP about a month ago but I don't have too many friends on here! I'm looking for people who are high calorie eaters- that is, consuming 1800+ calories/day. I've been reading around on a lot of threads about the success people have had consuming a lot of calories while still losing weight, and I'm convinced. My minimum calorie goal per day is set to 1850, but I might even bump it higher! I am 5'8, 155, and looking to lose 15 lbs for my wedding in 8 months. :) I work out at the gym 4 mornings a week, and have been doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred dvd every day, so I burn anywhere from 180-600 calories in a day depending on what I do that day. I'm looking to keep up with 5-6 days/week of moderate to intense exercise with 1 day a week of rest/low intensity exercise (like the 2 mile round trip walk that my fiance & I take to Starbucks on Saturday mornings... LOL).

Anyway, I would love to be friends with anyone who has similar goals. I want to lose weight, but I don't want to starve myself! I'm tired of seeing 1200 calorie food diaries from people who claim to burn 500 calories a day in cardio! It's not sustainable and it's not my style!

Replies

• KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like... and if you don't do it already, I can speak highly of taking up heavier lifting. :o) It might not drop the pounds as fast as you'd like, but it changes your body!
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    you can add me :) Mine is set at 1800 too. I can't function on any less than that. I have severe hypoglycemia where my blood sugar drops into the low 60s 2 hours after I eat so I have to keep my sugar up or I pass out, so I eat 1800 - 2000 because I do eat every 2 hours....sometimes I eat 1800 sometimes 2000 depending on the amount I exercise a day.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Mine is set at 1950 and I do workout at the Y 2 to 3 times a week but I try not to always eat those calories back. Free free to add me.
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.. I eat over 2,000 calories per day.
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. im set to 1500 but eat back my exercise calories, which are anywhere between 400 to 700, so I normally eat about 1900-2100 a day.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    we're a pretty awesome group over here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17-women-eating-2-000-calories-per-day

come join us! Tons of awesome ladies eating tons of food and losing weight or toning :o)
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am set at 1,940 a day plus I eat my exercise calories, which are usually 450 a day, M-F.

Good luck on reaching your goals!
  • maryrr88
    maryrr88 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Thanks for all the awesome responses! I'm definitely gonna check out that group, and look for friend requests coming soon. :)

(can't wait to go pick up the pizza we ordered... I was pretty good today so I'm gonna splurge on a couple pepperoni slices and maybe a beer... LOL, happy Friday all!)
  • lilmisslanna
    lilmisslanna Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I just started eating 1800 - 2000 calories a day ...feel free to add me too : )
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Yes, join us over on the 2000+ ladies group - it's an awesome bunch. I eat a lot too - feel free to add me! I'm all about surrounding myself with people who love to eat well and work out hard!
  • wordpainter09
    wordpainter09 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'll add you! My diary is open. I'm trying to eat at least 1800 on rest days and 2000-2400 on workout days. Great to see a woman eating!