Polar FT7 Not working after 5 months...1 swim

Options
2»

Replies

• TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    My heart rate cant be found on my hrm sometimes or sometimes it says my heart rate is in the 200's. When do you know when the battery needs to be changed?
    Mine is a Polar FT4, when the battery only has 10% left (might be 20%, but in any case well before it's dead) a symbol will appear.

EDITED TO ADD: Close, just checked and the point at which the symbol appears is 10-15% of battery life left. At this point the light will stop working too.
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    the sensors i swear has to be sopping wet for it to pick up your heart rate! thats a good thing, but when you forget the strap in your car and its 30 degrees out...its kinda nippy when you put it on!!
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I've had a Polar for a couple of years, and I found that the strap stretched out after wearing it. Make sure to tighten your strap so it's snug on your chest (ESPECIALLY in the water). The other problem I've found is my sports bra will push it down or get in between it and my skin, which will give me a 00 reading.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU!!! It worked!! Yay!! I used to use it religiously daily until moving house, and I hadnt used it in about 5 weeks, then started using it again last week, and it just seemed to stop working!

I totally fogot about wetting the sensors, thankyou so much for taking the time to reply...it cost me €117 ( a lot) so I was actually upset that Id no receipt after moving house!!

I love this website lol

xx

I'm too scared to wear mine in the pool, even though it says you can and I'd love to know how many calories I burn while swimming. Lol!!
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Yes, I kept getting the Check Heart Rate Signal or whatever message, and I find now that I wet it religiously, I get the heart rate right away. It was maddening!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Does anyone ever have an issue with yours giving you a 00 heart rate reading?? I get that every once and a while. The number will go round and round and round like it wants to give me a HR, but then it either tanks to 00 or jumps to something ridiculous like 203. So either I'm dead or had a heart attack! I clean the strap religiously with soap and water and this happens often. Any suggestions? Mine is also only 4 months old (usage wise).

This happens to me when I forget to wet the sensors.. then I smack myself in the head, and say "duh dummy!" LOL
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    so glad i found this topic. mine has been doing some of the crazy stuff other people have been talking about (not finding a heart rate, jumping around a lot) and i realized i haven't washed the strap in a while. i wet the sensors before each use so i'm hoping it's that! if not, i'll try the battery. thanks ya'll!
  • demonNIИ
    Options
    I am on my 2nd Polar HRM. First I bought the FT4 anyone else here find that the face of the FT4/FT7 cracks easily? My bronze FT4 is really cracked. So I went to Sports Auth and got a New Balance one ...they suck by the way. Returned it and got the Polar FT7 in red/black. Now this one is cracking after only a few cardio classes. I didn't even whack it on anything ...just had it in my bag. Glad I have the 2 year return/replace coverage on it. I can return it no questions asked for 2 whole years.
  • demonNIИ
    Options
    Ohh and I also get the "check heart rate monitor" frequently even after wetting the sensors really good. Maybe cause it's so new? I lost a whole half of a 1 hr class because of this it's very maddening !! Esp when thats the reason you buy it to see what you burn and only records 30 min >:
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    For anyone still having issues with a FT4/FT7 or any Polar with wearlink strap - I posted this awhile back on when I came almost to the point of throwing it out / throwing a fit / buying a new strap. I have not had an issue with mine since and it's now nearing 1 yr old of 5 day a week use.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/322302-is-your-polar-wearlink-strap-giving-you-grief?hl=wearlink+grief#posts-5535052

Cheers

Oh & PS - from my research the gels are "not" a good idea with the fabric type wearlink straps with the Polars - it tends to clog the sensor mesh even more...
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Everyone who uses the gels (in reviews I've read online) said that they work great with the mesh. I'm at my wits end right now with this thing. It only works when it wants to. =P
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Yes. Mine is cracking...just noticed today. Very unhappy about it. I don't do anything extreme.
  • TRMite
    TRMite Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    anyone know of an online vendor that sales Polar HRMs and accepts FLEX payments (Flex spending account card)?
  • skinnybabe123
    skinnybabe123 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    yes mine is FT4 and it keeps on saying check heart rate monitor every now and then. i changed both the batteries one for the HRM and the clock. then i started wetting the sensors. then also the problem continued but i started washing the strap after every workout since perspiration was wetting the strap altogether. I find that when i do zumba or moving too much it sometimes goes out but when i am doing TM it started working
    hope this helps
  • Amyonamission
    Amyonamission Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Mine has been intermittent for a while now, I changed the batteries in both but the watch is still saying check heart rate monitor. I noticed at spinning today that the bike had picked up the heart rate and seemed to be accurate so I assumed the watch was working but when I got off there was nothing but the error message. Should I have done something to synchronize when I changed the batteries?
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I just got mine. Wet it every time and it keeps saying to check the heart rate sensor... Should I change the battery maybe? HELP!!!!