(Shy People)How are you doing today? Anything GOOD going on

Options
NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
Ya know, there's probably a million people on this fabulous site. Many who are shy or just never post--because of one reason or another. I'm wondering how YOU are doing these days? Anything Good going on with ya?

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I'm more comfortable keeping it to myself.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    This site is the only place I am NOT shy.

What do you want to know?
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

Just what the topic subject says, How are your doing today and if anything good (NSV) going on.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Shy? What's that?
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

Shy? What's that?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

shy 1 (sh)
    adj. shi·er (shr) or shy·er, shi·est (shst) or shy·est
    1. Easily startled; timid.
    a. Drawing back from contact or familiarity with others; retiring or reserved.
    b. Marked by reserve or diffidence: a shy glance.
    3. Distrustful; wary: shy of strangers.
    4. Not having paid an amount due, as one's ante in poker.
    5. Short; lacking: Eleven is one shy of a dozen.
    intr.v. shied (shd), shy·ing, shies (shz)
    1. To move suddenly, as if startled; start.
    2. To draw back, as from fear or caution; recoil.
    n. pl. shies (shz)
    A sudden movement, as from fright; a start.

shy/SHī/
    Adjective:
    Having or showing nervousness or timidity in the company of other people: "a shy smile".
    Verb:

1. (esp. of a horse) Start suddenly aside in fright at an object, noise, or movement.
    2. Fling or throw (something) at a target.

Noun:

1. A sudden startled movement, esp. of a frightened horse.
    2. An act of throwing something at a target.

Synonyms:
    adjective. timid - bashful - shamefaced - coy - diffident - sheepish
    verb. throw
    noun. throw - cast - fling - shot - pitch - toss
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

Just what the topic subject says, How are your doing today and if anything good (NSV) going on.
    It is Friday. How could I *not* be doing well?

Completely non weight loss related victory: this very shy, introverted, antisocial girl is going on a hike with a group of total strangers tonight. EEK!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

It is Friday. How could I *not* be doing well?

Completely non weight loss related victory: this very shy, introverted, antisocial girl is going on a hike with a group of total strangers tonight. EEK!

I hope you have the BEST TIME EVER!!!! I have a feeling you will too--enjoy!
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Well, I have been waiting all day for a call about a job I went for, and got through to the second round of interviews (between me and one other)... sadly I've heard nothing so I'm guessing I haven't got it :'(

Still, on a more positive note, my lovely mum and aunt clubbed together to get me some Asics for my running, and I can't wait to get them on for my C25K session later :)

So yeah, ups and downs!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Well, I have been waiting all day for a call about a job I went for, and got through to the second round of interviews (between me and one other)... sadly I've heard nothing so I'm guessing I haven't got it :'(

Still, on a more positive note, my lovely mum and aunt clubbed together to get me some Asics for my running, and I can't wait to get them on for my C25K session later :)

So yeah, ups and downs!

Sometimes no news can be good news--here's hoping for that call!
    I was hunting for walking/running shoes yesterday too and found some! I LOVE Asics and I'm so GLAD for you! congrats and C25K is awesome, you go girl!!!!! I can't run yet...but am working on it slowly but surely.
  • boinkers
    boinkers Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Haha this is so funny, I actually started writing a post about this and then stopped because I just couldn't make myself post it.

I ran 8 miles today! Personal record! I'm so excited about it, but I feel like I'm bragging when I tell people, and no one seems to want to hear it...
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Haha this is so funny, I actually started writing a post about this and then stopped because I just couldn't make myself post it.

I ran 8 miles today! Personal record! I'm so excited about it, but I feel like I'm bragging when I tell people, and no one seems to want to hear it...

WOA!!!! You Rock...period! 8 miles is HUGE:love: and I'm so proud of you--you winner you! WOW!!!! Keep up the most excellent work!
  • boinkers
    boinkers Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    aww thank you! I just blushed at my computer :blushing:
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options

I was hunting for walking/running shoes yesterday too and found some! I LOVE Asics and I'm so GLAD for you! congrats and C25K is awesome, you go girl!!!!! I can't run yet...but am working on it slowly but surely.

Aw thanks! I got a letter yesterday morning to tell me I hadn't got the job :( Felt really rubbish for a few hours, but I know I did my best, and I did well, so I can feel proud of myself for that!

I so nearly didn't go out to meet a friend cos of how I felt, but I made myself do it anyway and had such a good evening, and now I feel better about the world again. One day things will look up lol!

And until they do, I still have my lovely running shoes!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

Aw thanks! I got a letter yesterday morning to tell me I hadn't got the job :( Felt really rubbish for a few hours, but I know I did my best, and I did well, so I can feel proud of myself for that!

I so nearly didn't go out to meet a friend cos of how I felt, but I made myself do it anyway and had such a good evening, and now I feel better about the world again. One day things will look up lol!

And until they do, I still have my lovely running shoes!

You didn't get this one, because there's a another (even far more fabulous than this) job out there... just for YOU, that you are so going to absolutely positively love! Girlfriend, it's going to be so perfect for you...that you're going to/ may feel GUILTY every time you get a paycheck, because you're going to be doing what you LOVE so much--love the people there and the location so much, that getting paid is going seem almost wrong:wink: --watch and see.

I KNOW things like this,:wink: believe me. In the mean-time, in-between time, I'm so PROUD of you to kick sorrow in the teeth:sad: and give the pity party and it's foul, deceptive, negative other pity party attendees/goers:devil: the big ole boot and go out instead. You are my shero:flowerforyou: for doing that!!!!

I LOVE your attitude and spirit and love, love, love your last thought about your running shoes. You go girl--things are looking up for you and I'm so glad and happy for you. PLEASE keep me posted when that dream (and I mean fabulous) new job comes--GET READY girlfriend, it's not a matter of if...it's a matter of when, and it's going to be soon--sooner than you even think! :heart:
  • graycatbird
    graycatbird Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm extremely shy, but for some reason, I'm not shy online. I'm trying to push myself to get out there more and do fun activities to meet other people. When I do, I enjoy it usually -- it's just getting myself out the door! Corylda, I hope you had a great time on the hike! I admire you for getting out there and doing it! I've been challenging myself to do more things, and I have, though I've also chickened out of a few things I had planned. I went to two programs at our local Audubon featuring animals and birds, and loved it. I'm planning to take t'ai chi, because I'm looking for something like meditation that involves physical activity. I took a few classes this fall and loved it.

Kaned_Ferret, I'm sorry about the job! I know you'll find something you really like. Job-hunting can be discouraging; it's great that you got out with friends and were able to get into a brighter frame of mind. The running shoes sound great!

Have a good Sunday, everyone!

Sue
    Maine, USA
  • swthrtsmrf
    swthrtsmrf Posts: 384
    Options
    NewLIFEstyle4 I like that you posted this. You are so supportive of the replies that are here. Not that others are not supportive on this site, but you are going above and beyond right now :happy:

I am shy, but try to participate on the boards. In person I am not shy if you know me though. LOL ask my husband.
    In answer to your original post: I am tired and a little sad. But I know that in the end the sadness is the Bitter part in the Bitter Sweetness that is coming. We are in the process of moving. My husband and our son are in the area we are moving to while he job hunts and finds us a place to live up there (they are staying with my in-laws right now). I will see them at the end of the month. In the meantime our daughter and I are packing up our house now to get ready for the move and to finish out our lease. But at least I get to "see" them on skype. That makes it a smidge easier.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I'm extremely shy, but for some reason, I'm not shy online. I'm trying to push myself to get out there more and do fun activities to meet other people. When I do, I enjoy it usually -- it's just getting myself out the door! Corylda, I hope you had a great time on the hike! I admire you for getting out there and doing it! I've been challenging myself to do more things, and I have, though I've also chickened out of a few things I had planned. I went to two programs at our local Audubon featuring animals and birds, and loved it. I'm planning to take t'ai chi, because I'm looking for something like meditation that involves physical activity. I took a few classes this fall and loved it.

Kaned_Ferret, I'm sorry about the job! I know you'll find something you really like. Job-hunting can be discouraging; it's great that you got out with friends and were able to get into a brighter frame of mind. The running shoes sound great!

Have a good Sunday, everyone!

Sue
    Maine, USA

{{{{{ :heart: Sue :heart: }}}}}

You post encouraged me so much!!!

I'm neither shy on line nor in "real" life but...because I had ballooned up so much in weigh in the past 15 years, I HATED going out, because I was so embarrassed the way I looked and felt PLUS I was so outta shape, just a few minutes of walking about outside was literally painful for me, I was so sedentary (a.k.a. politically incorrect BUT accurate for me LAZY and Slothful and UGH) that just going out and about left me so outta breath and angry and all kinds of yuck. So though I'm not shy, I can so relate to what you're saying/feeling so much!

I'm so proud of you for going to the bird watching/Audubon affair and so glad you had a great time. I'm getting stronger and stronger everyday by saying NO to what I have felt so comfortable in my "previous" lifestyle of doing, eating, thinking and being and YES to what has always been so uncomfortable, uneasy/HARD and difficult for me to be, do, eat, drink and think and OH BOY...how my Life style is changing for the BEST and better now more and more each day that I choose to say YES to and NO to. I'm going places, doing things and experiencing a New LIFEstyle and it's so wonderful it makes me now LAUGH:laugh: at the fear, stubbornness, lazy/slothful and just plain YUCK stuff I personally allowed and invited/petted for so many unfruitful and wasted years...no longer "welcoming" to negative controlling/yet comfortable people, places and things in my entire old life (eating, drinking, thinking, doing and being). I'm so GLAD for you and for me too:wink:

Thank you for taking the time and care to post. Your post is going to help more people than you can ever imagine!!!! You ROCK--period.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    NewLIFEstyle4 I like that you posted this. You are so supportive of the replies that are here. Not that others are not supportive on this site, but you are going above and beyond right now :happy:

I am shy, but try to participate on the boards. In person I am not shy if you know me though. LOL ask my husband.
    In answer to your original post: I am tired and a little sad. But I know that in the end the sadness is the Bitter part in the Bitter Sweetness that is coming. We are in the process of moving. My husband and our son are in the area we are moving to while he job hunts and finds us a place to live up there (they are staying with my in-laws right now). I will see them at the end of the month. In the meantime our daughter and I are packing up our house now to get ready for the move and to finish out our lease. But at least I get to "see" them on skype. That makes it a smidge easier.

Isn't Life funny...the very thing you have complimented me on--I feel about YOU and your post to me! Thank you so much:flowerforyou:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE what you've said here " But I know that in the end the sadness is the Bitter part in the Bitter Sweetness that is coming." WOA...that's deep and you have no idea how much I'm going to be meditating on those words of LIFE this week, as I begin to doing interval exercises this week. I'm going to be doing 10 seconds of INTENSE cycling on my bike and then resting for 10 seconds for 10-15 minutes and then 10 seconds of INTENSE speed walking on a higher incline on my treadmill and then resting for 10 seconds for 10 to 15 minutes twice per day. It is kinda scary to me, but your words will help me DO THIS THANG. So Thank you again ever so much for posting.

Ya know, what's happening in your life is like the old saying, what won't kill you will make you stronger. I know this is a trying time, but I can HEAR in your e-voice, you getting stronger in this and know that these trials and tests are indeed HARD, but are making you into such a powerful shero!!!! I'm so grateful and proud of you for taking the time and care to post here on this thread. Thank you again:heart:
  • pretty_blue_eyes85
    pretty_blue_eyes85 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Doing good... taking things one day at a time. Rough week since hubby was on chemo - so that meant more mommy/wife duties than usual.

BUT I posted a NSV last night that I was pretty proud of :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Doing good... taking things one day at a time. Rough week since hubby was on chemo - so that meant more mommy/wife duties than usual.

BUT I posted a NSV last night that I was pretty proud of :)

Woa!!! Looking gorgeous girlfriiend--what a tremendous NSV you posted 18 pounds is HUGE, like one 8 lb & one 10 pound bowling balls--wow--that's a lot of fat gone forever!!!!!!

Here's the link to your fabulous post as an FYI:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/516985-working-on-being-done-with-being-the-fat-girl-with-pretty-fa

Praying for your beloved hubby and you now:heart:

Thanks for posting and I'm so proud of your hardwork and progress in this fierce battle of the bulge--keep up the great work and don't let that rotten discouragement and fear anywhere near you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!