Not losing as much as I expected...inches or weight

Options
2»

Replies

• eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Ok, thanks everyone, there seems to be a consensus, I guess Ill try to eat those exercise calories back!
  • SammiJ4392
    Options
    I started dieting (and by that I mean eating "correctly") the day after Valentine's Day. I am almost to the 1 months mark and have lost 9.2 lbs. I KNOW this is more than the "safe" 1 lb a week, but honestly, all I do is eat 100 calories when I wake up (7am), 100-125 calories at 10am, 100-200 calories at 12pm, 100-125 calories at 3pm and then a smart, sensible supper (enough to bring me up to at least 1000 calories). If I exercise, I treat myself to another 100 to 200 calorie snack before bed. Some days I hit 1300 others I only make it to 1100 calories but the thing is, I am NOT hungry or depriving myself. Drink lots of fluid and make sure to eat throughout the day to keep your metabolism working!

As long as you are being honest with your diary and sticking to your calorie goal you will start seeing results. Keep it up!
  • loves_jc
    loves_jc Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It took a good month before I saw any weight loss and you need to eat what you use.
  • vanella90
    vanella90 Posts: 10
    Options
    no what that person meant was in order to lose inches and see those inches results it will take weeks :)
  • LisaFieldsStafford
    Options
    You might want to perform some interval cardio training 1-3 times per week for 30-60 minutes. You can use any cardio machine and get going at a moderate pace. Then go faster or raise the incline or resistance and increase your heart rate to a higher rate while you are huffing and puffing for 1-2 minutes. Then cut back to moderate til you recover. Then ramp it up again. Watch your hunger on the days you do this workout. Plan ahead for your body to say, feed me!
  • AndreaWyland
    AndreaWyland Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Exercise is not just about making a deficit, big or small, its about building stamina, making your heart strong, cardiovascular health, there are millions I mean MILLIONS of health benefits to exercise... not to mention the muscle you build that DOES burn more fat and calories and LOOKS a hellofa lot better than fat (my personal opinion). So if anyone is struggling with WHY eat back your calories you work so hard to burn think about it like you already have a deficit (mfp makes one for you) so youre not only working for the above reasons but heck I sleep a lot better too:) Some people use it to fight depression and anxiety, etc. There are many many threads on this exact topic already...I WORK OUT! haha:)
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Ok, thanks everyone, there seems to be a consensus, I guess Ill try to eat those exercise calories back!

Do you have a heart rate monitor to accurately track your calorie burn? If not I would not recommend eating back all the exercise calories as MFP usually very much overestimates (or guestimates). If using a HRM eat back the majority, if you don't have a HRM eat back about half!