does anyone else seem happier lately?

Options
Hi! I was just curious..is anyone else a lot happier since they have made health changes? I have been doing this new diet program for 12 days now and I feel sooo much happier! I have only lost 3 pounds but its as if my disposition has changed. :) It is such a good feeling! I constantly catch myself smiling! Ha-ha! Just curious if anyone else is experiencing the same thing! :smile: :smile:

Replies

• ahersh00
    ahersh00 Posts: 85
    Options
    Definitely happier!!!!
    13125536.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    OF COURSE :D
  • soymilkcoffee
    Options
    Yes, I definitely do! I've never thought I would be able to successfully shed pounds. Now I feel determined to finish everything I started!! :)
  • 33Chief
    33Chief Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Soo much happier! It is nice to walk be a mirrior and not say to yourself "Damn...this is getting out of hand"
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Yes. Eating right, exercising, and not smoking is me taking care of myself. Taking care of myself means I am loving myself for the first time in my life. It feels good. Oh, and endorphins, of course :)
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I was just telling my boyfriend how much happier i feel. I have not lost much weight but I think that eating healthy foods has made such a difference in the way I feel! I will never go back to eating crappy, processed, nutritionally void, fattening junk!
  • runningdiva77
    Options
    yes! I finally broke through my 3 month plauteu!!!! wtih just one week on here!!!!
  • swulski
    swulski Posts: 16
    Options
    Well, I dont think it is the weight loss that is causing this for me (I mean, 3 pounds, not life changing). I think its just eating healthier. I don't feel so bloated, tired or just plain old sluggish! I just feel like running around! Staying busy! Ha-ha!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    No.
  • 1HappyRosie
    1HappyRosie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yes! for sure!!!!
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY! They do say that working out and eating better is better than therapy. LOL.
  • Peggy088
    Peggy088 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I went to get my nails done today and was told how much happier I look, that I was glowing! Felt wonderful, especially since I don't think I lost any weight this week.
  • barkfitness
    Options
    I was just telling my mom that I feel like I'm on speed! I have more energy lately than I ever remember having, and yes I am MUCH happier. I wish I had done this years ago!
  • jozev
    jozev Posts: 27
    Options
    Definitely! I feel so much better. :)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    yuup!

Endorphins :D

I used to have the worst depression/anxiety but am now off all meds, due to exercise and healthier choices :)
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Healthy Food + Exercise = the BEST cure for depression and anxiety :smile:
  • Luv2bagramma
    Luv2bagramma Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Definitely happier and with much more energy!! Eating better food, more often and not feeling hungry, even tho the calorie count of what I eat is so much lower than the garbage I used to eat. Yeah for roasted veggies!!! :laugh:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I've been a lot happier, almost crazy happy since I got into MFP and started losing weight. My energy level has gone way up, I care more about the things I should have been caring about, etc. .. Until this past week. My mom has alzheimers and I had major problems with her today, my hubby has a been diagnosed with a terminal illness and is having tests, tests and more tests. I had to have an mri on my brain today because a small tumor Ive had in it for years has 'changed'. I bruised my tailbone and can hardly sit, I've walked over 200 miles since Jan 1 so now I have plantar fasciitis that I'm dealing with. The other day I woke up with some fun athlete's foot on my toes. That's a treat! Ugh. But I'm still going to stay on track and be happy about the good stuff. My kids are healthy, I have a beautiful new granddaughter and a handsome little 2 yr old grandson. Spring is coming, my crocuses are blooming and I'm going camping over Easter and I'm still losing weight! Sometimes life sucks but we just have to keep on going!
    Enjoy your new found happiness. I am, regardless of what gets tossed at me. :)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I've become way more moody, as in more nasty :( I don't like that. I think it could be PMS as well as my depression setting back in :( I was ok to start with & on the days I workout great I am ok sort of, but then I go back to a "what the F&%# do you want now?" kinda mood

I wanna be happy again.
  • anna_love
    anna_love Posts: 177
    Options
    Yes I'm happier now !! Before I us to do nothing but clean my house eat all day watch tv !! Now that I made better choices in my Heath I'm happier I not feel sad any more !! My kids are happy to also i take them more out side for a walk or just play around the house !!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!