Scary Stories

Options
Does anyone have scary stories to share?

I have one it was last year. I have worked for the same company for 2.5 years and sometimes we need to transfer to different stores within the company. Well I usually work graveyards and had to cover for another employee that went on vacation. During the night I would hear a lot of bangs and something that sounded like footsteps on the floor above. The store is the only one in the entire district that has a second floor. Didnt think much about it because I hear noises at this store also. Went on and kept working the 5 shifts and came back to my store. I told my assistant manager about the noises I would hear and he told me that something that scared me beyond belief. He told me that the store that I went to work at was a morgue in the 70's. It creeped me out so much I told him I would never work at that store again. He said that the second floor was were they had the beds where the bodies are drained. EEEEEeewwwwwwww and that a lot of people complained about noises and footsteps. CRREEEPPPPYYYY :indifferent: :indifferent:

Replies

• Trinketona
    Trinketona Posts: 190
    Options
    Come on people lets get the ball rolling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Scary stories scare me so much but I love reading them lol
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    The scale hasn't moved in 7days and I"VE BEEN WORKING MY *kitten* OFF!!! I'm scared.
  • Trinketona
    Options
    The scale hasn't moved in 7days and I"VE BEEN WORKING MY *kitten* OFF!!! I'm scared.

Been there. Dont give up. I didnt mean this kind of scary stories..........:wink:
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    In November i turn 30, true story, scares the crap out of me.
  • Package02
    Package02 Posts: 97
    Options
    Alright, well I hope you're sitting down for this one...

So it was a dark night, much like tonight. I remember it was raining outside, something unusual for where I live. The wind was blowing heavy, and I could hear the branches swaying against it. I was sitting in my kitchen, alone, eating a light snack. The lights had begun to flicker on and off and I felt this cold chill run down my back. I tried to keep my mind from racing so to distract myself I began to read the back of my snack box. It was then that I noticed something so horrifying that to this day just thinking about it still gives me the willies....500 CALORIES!! ARE YOU SERIOUS???! I mean how can one four inch little bar be so many calories. The box said whole wheat, all natural, AND low calorie. Moral of the story, don't trust Quaker, or read the label first (yeah, that's probably a better moral)

haha sorry I don't have any real stories XD but I hope other people respond because I too love scary stories, especially late at night. And this whole thread reminds me of "Are you afraid of the dark" lol
  • Poetic_
    Poetic_ Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    One time I opened my 'fridge and noticed I was out of bacon...

tumblr_limhdfxpb61qf6fib.gif
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    a few yrs ago we were renting a 3 bedroom apt before we bought our house. my daughter was 6 yrs and son was 4 yrs old. they shared a room and my stepson anthony had his own room. During one hot weekend i decided to take kids to play in swimming pool. My hubby was working and my stepson was spending weekend with his mother. So i wrap kids in towels and bring them back to apt. I open the front door and tell them to run to restroom and finish dripping off there. i walk to their bedroom to get them some fresh clothes and as i have my back facing the door my daughter runs into the room wrapped in the towel. before she says anything i turn around and tell her to get back in the restroom. As she's standing in the doorway she tells me "but mom who is that girl in anthony's room, she's just staring at me" and then runs back in the restroom! Speechless, i walk to my stepsons room and turn on lights and nobody is there. I open closet door, check under the bed and nothing! then i walk and check every door and closet in the whole apt and still nothing! So i walk in restroom to talk to my daughter and tell her that i missed the girl, i asked her what did she look like, was she anybody we know and she said she had never seen her before. She said she was wearing a long black skirt with a red shirt and she had short hair. She said the girl was just standing by anthony's bedroom door just looking at her. We never found out who that girl was but we moved out of that apt about 3 months after that!
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Okay, Lula, that is creepy!!
  • Trinketona
    Options
    that is creepy!!!!
  • Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My childhood home (which my parents still live in) was often visited by ghosts and the unknown.
    Everyone in my family (accept for me) has seen a black floating presence, both inside and outside the house. When it has been seen inside the house, it always walks toward the same bedroom (interestingly enough- my old room), and disappears.

Once when my mother was asleep on the couch- my younger brother and sister awoke her, telling her a ghost had walked through the hallway closet and walked over to her, putting it's hand on her shoulder. Once they woke my mother up- the ghost disappeared back into the closet.
    My mother was 'attacked' by something in the kitchen. She was all alone, all the animals were outside and as she walked across the room, something grabbed ahold of her leg and scratched it- leaving three superficial 'slash' marks on her leg.
    I used to see clothes on hangers move so fast they were just a blur, as well as hearing knocking on my window, dishes breaking in the kitchen (though none of them ever were) and footsteps in the hallway in front of my room.
    Many other things happened- some good, some not so good. It's been calm in recent years, but occasionally something out of the ordinary still happens.
  • GabeRami
    GabeRami Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    So, at my old house, it was always pretty weird. You always heard stuff, and got those really weird someone is watching me feelings. But, when I was in HS, I was up late writing a paper at the kitchen table. The kitchen was at the back of the house of a duplex. The kitchen door, opened to a back staircase that lead up to the second floor apt. So, it was about 1 am, and I am finishing up, when the kitchen door opens with that loud CREEEEEEKKK noise. I look at the door, walk over, close it and LOCK it. I sit back at the kitchen table, and glance at the door, the door knob TURNS, and the door doesn't creek but SWINGS open! I jump outta the chair and yell for my folks, who come out of their room. After I tell my Pop what happened, he laughs at me and walks over and closes the door. As soon as he turns his back, the damn door creeks open again, so, my Pop, after swearing alot in Spanish, grabs his tool box. I was tired so I went to bed. When I wake up, my Pop had switched the way the door swings and attached a bolt lock onto it. Needless to say the door didn't open anymore, but there was always weird stuff happening at that house. Oh, there also were no tenants upstairs yet because my Pop was remodeling the upstairs apartment.
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Lula! I got part way through your story and had to stop reading!!! I LOVE scary stories, but it's dark in my house right now and I can't finish your story! I'll check back when it's daylight!!! I'm such a baby!
  • GabeRami
    GabeRami Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My childhood home (which my parents still live in) was often visited by ghosts and the unknown.
    Everyone in my family (accept for me) has seen a black floating presence, both inside and outside the house. When it has been seen inside the house, it always walks toward the same bedroom (interestingly enough- my old room), and disappears.

Once when my mother was asleep on the couch- my younger brother and sister awoke her, telling her a ghost had walked through the hallway closet and walked over to her, putting it's hand on her shoulder. Once they woke my mother up- the ghost disappeared back into the closet.
    My mother was 'attacked' by something in the kitchen. She was all alone, all the animals were outside and as she walked across the room, something grabbed ahold of her leg and scratched it- leaving three superficial 'slash' marks on her leg.
    I used to see clothes on hangers move so fast they were just a blur, as well as hearing knocking on my window, dishes breaking in the kitchen (though none of them ever were) and footsteps in the hallway in front of my room.
    Many other things happened- some good, some not so good. It's been calm in recent years, but occasionally something out of the ordinary still happens.

My Brother and I shared a bedroom at our old house, to this day, he SWEARS he saw my clothes move at night! In fact, I couldn't leave my school outfit on the chair because he would say that he saw the clothes moving. He woke me up one night scared out of his mind that he had seen my clothes dancing around! I think he saw something, but, other than the door incident, and the weird feelings and footsteps you'd hear at night, I never SAW anything like that.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options

I've been around paranormal my entire life, seen and heard stuff, my friend swears I was briefly possessed for a just couple minutes once, when we were in a cemetery. I will tell you this, your mothers attack was demonic.
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Nothing ever happened to me or in front of me but I got a few stories.
    First one, when my mom and aunty were kids they lived in a second floor apartment over their mom's (my grandma's) clothing shop. There was a window that they could look down into the shop from their apartment. The shop had a mannequin facing away from the window. Well, my aunty swears one day when she looked down into the shop, the mannequin was normal and when she glanced at it again a few seconds later, its head was turned "looking" at her. Friggin creepy.

Second one, my mom seems to get bothered by a "presence" alot while she is sleeping. When I was in HS my stepdad worked graveyard shifts and didnt come home till 3-4am. We could always hear his truck pull into the driveway when he got home. Well, one night my mom was sleeping and stirred a bit believing she heard his car pull in. A little while later she feels my stepdad get into bed and hold her. She murmurs something like how was your night and falls back asleep. My stepdad says that that wasnt him. He got home and went to lay next to my mom and hold her, but when he scooted up behind her "something" shoved him back to the other side of the bed. Turned on the light and nothing was there. Woke up my mom and told her what happened and she had no idea, she thought he'd been home and holding her for awhile. Super creepy.

Edit to say my stepdad isnt a small dude. To have him shoved across 2-3 feet of bed is not easy!
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    a few yrs ago we were renting a 3 bedroom apt before we bought our house. my daughter was 6 yrs and son was 4 yrs old. they shared a room and my stepson anthony had his own room. During one hot weekend i decided to take kids to play in swimming pool. My hubby was working and my stepson was spending weekend with his mother. So i wrap kids in towels and bring them back to apt. I open the front door and tell them to run to restroom and finish dripping off there. i walk to their bedroom to get them some fresh clothes and as i have my back facing the door my daughter runs into the room wrapped in the towel. before she says anything i turn around and tell her to get back in the restroom. As she's standing in the doorway she tells me "but mom who is that girl in anthony's room, she's just staring at me" and then runs back in the restroom! Speechless, i walk to my stepsons room and turn on lights and nobody is there. I open closet door, check under the bed and nothing! then i walk and check every door and closet in the whole apt and still nothing! So i walk in restroom to talk to my daughter and tell her that i missed the girl, i asked her what did she look like, was she anybody we know and she said she had never seen her before. She said she was wearing a long black skirt with a red shirt and she had short hair. She said the girl was just standing by anthony's bedroom door just looking at her. We never found out who that girl was but we moved out of that apt about 3 months after that!

Thats friggin spooky, I would have moved out that day. Lol
  • whitneyann0
    whitneyann0 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    My mother passed away in January, 1989. Just prior to her death, she said that if a bill from Johnson's Appliance shows up, do not pay it. It was for a TV repair and the TV never worked right after that, so she was refusing to pay it (principle of the thing I guess).

My brother was the executor of her estate. About 3 months after she died, I went on a road trip to see a Cinderella concert and stopped by my brother's house along the way. He said: "I kept getting invoices for Johnson's and I wanted to wrap up Mom's estate. I just paid the darn bill to be done with it". I was like: OH NO---- she's going to be ticked off, even from the grave!!

I ventured on and went to the concert. Later that night, driving the 3 hours home, BAM!! I hit something in the middle of Interstate 80. It ripped the entire underside of my car off. I somehow got the car off to the shoulder and we eventually contacted the state police, who came out to help us (two college girls in the middle of nowhere with a stranded car. That's scary enough!!)

So the trooper showed up, and went to investigate what I had hit. Sure enough- he found what had done the damage.

I had run over a headstone in the middle of I-80...

He said it must have fallen off a truck or something.

The very day my brother paid that darn bill, the one Mom warned me NOT to pay, I hit a headstone in the middle of the interstate.

Uh huh.... she got me.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    My mother passed away in January, 1989. Just prior to her death, she said that if a bill from Johnson's Appliance shows up, do not pay it. It was for a TV repair and the TV never worked right after that, so she was refusing to pay it (principle of the thing I guess).

My brother was the executor of her estate. About 3 months after she died, I went on a road trip to see a Cinderella concert and stopped by my brother's house along the way. He said: "I kept getting invoices for Johnson's and I wanted to wrap up Mom's estate. I just paid the darn bill to be done with it". I was like: OH NO---- she's going to be ticked off, even from the grave!!

I ventured on and went to the concert. Later that night, driving the 3 hours home, BAM!! I hit something in the middle of Interstate 80. It ripped the entire underside of my car off. I somehow got the car off to the shoulder and we eventually contacted the state police, who came out to help us (two college girls in the middle of nowhere with a stranded car. That's scary enough!!)

So the trooper showed up, and went to investigate what I had hit. Sure enough- he found what had done the damage.

I had run over a headstone in the middle of I-80...

He said it must have fallen off a truck or something.

The very day my brother paid that darn bill, the one Mom warned me NOT to pay, I hit a headstone in the middle of the interstate.

Uh huh.... she got me.

And strangely enough... this is not the only time I've run over a headstone. Jus sayin'. LOL...
  • grumpytroll
    grumpytroll Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Okay this was a fun experience when I was a little girl.

My mum used to work as a cleaner in an indoor market. The market was separated at night from the main shopping centre by large metal grills. The whole shopping centre had a reputation for being haunted by a grey lady and various other things.

We got a phone call one night from my mum to say that she had locked herself and her 2 coworkers in the main office as they were petrified. Whilst polishing the floors near the metal grills one of the women had seen a shape at the other side through the darkness...at that same time...there were knocking noises and footsteps around the market and some of the covers on the fronts of the market stalls were moving.

Now on the premises at night were the three cleaners and one security guard.....and we're all accounted for when the door handle of the office they were in started moving!!

My dad took myself and my sister into the car to go get my mum. My dad had a hammer lol my sister ,a crucifix, and I had a stick of some sorts lol the police had been called when we got there and the dogs were searching the premises. We were skulking around outside the office and it was sooooo creepy . I though it was fantastic fun. Not so much fun when we heard the dogs barking at one of the units and the handler didn't know why.
    They didn't find anything and 28 years later my mum is still freaked by working there.