Help!!!! Can anyone give some tips on how to loss 20lbs fast, but safe

Replies

• 2BHEALTHY
    2BHEALTHY Posts: 62
    Options
    Help!!!! Can anyone give some tips on how to loss 20lbs fast, but safe
  • katesgirl_50
    Options
    start with eliminating carbs. besides fresh veggies and eliminate high fat protein and salty foods! stick with egg whites for breakfast chicken salad for lunch and fish and veggies for dinner and of coarse fill in with snacks that are healthy in in your calorie budget! any questions let me know!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but the healthiest way is slowly.

That's just the truth. :flowerforyou:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure that there is a fast and healthy way to lose 20 lbs.

How fast is fast? I have lost 22 lbs in 11 weeks.
  • B TOWN
    B TOWN Posts: 32
    Options
    no sugars no carbs (except veggies and fruit)
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Wow, why are people saying "no carbs"? IMHO that's not a healthy way to lose weight! Carbs are what your body uses as fuel. You need 50 to 60% of your calories to come from carbs every day. Maybe 45% if you are REAAALY overweight, but someone trying to lose 20 lbs? I consider that moderately overweight at worst (depending on their overall body size).

I'm fine with saying, Lower your carbs, but only after it's confirmed that their eating too many carbs in the first place.

OK, anyway. 2B, viv and lina are correct. You can increase how fast you become healthy, but there is no magic pill, there is a limit to how much anybody can lose, and it's based on your own body's chemistry, it's generally accepted that people who are a good bit overweight can lose 2 lbs a week safely, but if your only 20 lbs overweight, I doubt you will reach that level of loss. You just don't have the fat reserves to do that. Now, if you just want to lose 20 lbs but you are more over weight then 20 lbs, then maybe, but still 2 lbs a week is a very aggressive amount.
    the only formula that is proven to work is to eat healthy and exercise. If you want a quick fix diet, then you've come to the wrong place, if you want to become healthy, we are right here for you!
    I hope you are the latter, and welcome.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Wow, why are people saying "no carbs"? IMHO that's not a healthy way to lose weight! Carbs are what your body uses as fuel. You need 50 to 60% of your calories to come from carbs every day. Maybe 45% if you are REAAALY overweight, but someone trying to lose 20 lbs? I consider that moderately overweight at worst (depending on their overall body size).

I'm fine with saying, Lower your carbs, but only after it's confirmed that their eating too many carbs in the first place.

OK, anyway. 2B, viv and lina are correct. You can increase how fast you become healthy, but there is no magic pill, there is a limit to how much anybody can lose, and it's based on your own body's chemistry, it's generally accepted that people who are a good bit overweight can lose 2 lbs a week safely, but if your only 20 lbs overweight, I doubt you will reach that level of loss. You just don't have the fat reserves to do that. Now, if you just want to lose 20 lbs but you are more over weight then 20 lbs, then maybe, but still 2 lbs a week is a very aggressive amount.
    the only formula that is proven to work is to eat healthy and exercise. If you want a quick fix diet, then you've come to the wrong place, if you want to become healthy, we are right here for you!
    I hope you are the latter, and welcome.

Yup!! I would also add I guess that depends on if you want to keep the 20 lbs off. If you do it slow and healthy, it is more likely to stay gone. If you lose it fast and in an unhealthy manner, you will very likely gain it back just as quick.
  • kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I dont know why you need to lose so fast, but doing a cleanse or fast will work , although you will definitely gain some of it if not all of it back. I did a 10 day master cleanse and lost 9lbs. and then I got pregnant a month later so I am not sure how much of it I gained back, or what was baby growing. I know wrestlers sometimes wear those sauna suits and run, and drastically cut their calories, and they lose weight quickly. The more you sweat the faster you will lose, so I guess it depends on what you want to do to lose it. If you are going to do a cleanse or fast, I would suggest a juice fast rather than a master cleanse or water fast. If it is for a wedding or something that you need to lose it that quickly the above ideas will work, but dont expect permanence. If you are wanting to keep it off, then it will have to be a somewhat slower process.:wink:
  • nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    just workout A LOT its the only way to get all that fat off. ina healthy way.
  • 2BHEALTHY
    Options
    Thanks for info. Question... Do you think that would be to much sugar, eating fruit? I think it would be easy to eat fruit.
  • 2BHEALTHY
    Options
    I was look to lose about 3- 3.5 pre week to start (at least the first two weeks) thx
  • 2BHEALTHY
    Options
    great advise. I was looking to lose 3 - 3.5 pds the first 2 weeks then 2 plds each week after.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    great advise. I was looking to lose 3 - 3.5 pds the first 2 weeks then 2 plds each week after.

Your profile says you want to lose 16 lbs. That kind of weight loss with that small of an amount to go would be really difficult. 3 - 3.5 lbs a week to start then 2 after would be really very aggressive. I'm not much help to you, I know, but I don't think at your weight you would be able to lose that fast and still be healthy in the long run! There's lots of ways to do it that are not so healthy, but this place is more about lifestyle change and being healthy than just losing weight fast. :flowerforyou: Hang in there - it will go!!
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    There really isn't a healthy way to lose fast. I wouldn't cut out carbs completely. Just stay away from the snack carbs like chips and unhealthy white bread. It's unhealthy to lose more than 2 lbs a week unless you're really overweight. Eat healthy and workout and you'll see a difference. You might not see a difference on the scale, but your body will be losing inches and you'll be healthy, which should be the focus :smile: Good luck and don't try to rush it. It'll happen, just give it time.

:heart: Kels
  • lina1131
    Options
    if I lose 2 lbs a week, I'm jumping around the house and acting like an excited fool. There are weeks I lose 0 pounds and weeks that I lose 2. Hang in there, it will come off, don't rush it and do unhealthy things to get there.
  • ciaocarissa
    Options
    how did you lose 22 pounds in just 11 weeks??
    can you give me any tips?
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    There is NO possible way to lose weight quickly and healthy. 2 pounds a week is a great goal and healthy. AND...

You need everything: Protein, Carbs, even Fat, Veggies, and Fruits... EVERYTHING in portions.

Good luck and stay healthy... :smile:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    how did you lose 22 pounds in just 11 weeks??
    can you give me any tips?

22 lbs in 11 weeks is possible, I lost 35 in about 16 weeks, it's not easy though, I worked hard for the whole time, for the first 3 months I was a maniac about sticking exactly to my nutritional requirements, I stayed right at 850 calories below my maintenance weight within 15 or 20 calories either way every day, (and yes, I included exercise calories in my numbers :tongue: )

But 3.5 lbs in a week is not a reasonable number, unless you're talking water weight, which, in the first week or two, is a definit possibility, or are morbidly obese. I mean, I worked out HARDCORE, stuck to the plan, and did everything right, and I was at 2.1 lbs a week including the first week where I shed 8 lbs (take that week out because it was mostly water and your talking 1.8 lbs a week.).
  • lina1131
    Options
    It has taken a lot of determination, motivation and hard work to lose these 22 pounds. It has been worth the wait. I eat all my calories (including exercise calories), I work out 5 days a week doing Cardio for at least 45 minutes (pushing myself), I drink tons of water, allow myself one cheat meal a week, I log everything, but most of all I have a good attitude about it all and I am patiently waiting to reach my goal. I also make no excuses for following through with this lifestyle.

Anyone can do it. The question is are you willing to put in the hardwork and patience that is required??

You can do it!!!
  • 2BHEALTHY
    Options
    yes, you are right . Thx