Qiick weight loss (The Healthiest Way)

Options

Replies

• banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Anyone can do it. The question is are you willing to put in the hardwork and patience that is required??

You can do it!!!

Good line! I like it!
  • Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 lbs in 2 weeks a few times. Without dieting. However it involved strict regime of exercise for a total of 5 hours a day (broken down in 24 hours such as 3k run in morning, high impact step afternoon, ab workout, weight trianing evening and like every other day alternating a specific core group so as not to over train an area) and 8-10 meals a day. Not something for someone who isn't training for a competition related to fitness or for surgery which was the case for me both times. Basically I was burning off everything I ate and only eating healthy foods catered to the weight loss I needed to achieve done by a nutritionist and supplemented with vitamins. The people on The Biggest Loser each loose about 20 lbs or more the first month and the follow a similar regime- I think the show states they excericse about 8 hours a day and eat about 6-8 meals specifically catered to their health as well and strictly monitored by their physicians. I'm not sure where you are from but where I live their are programs designed to help you lose 20 lbs in a month with meals and personal training for people moderately overweight or wanting to loose and tone fast . I think though you have to have the daytime hours to commit to it. Not everyone has 5 hours a day to workout. So some people say you cannot loose 20 lbs in a month healthily but I say talk to your doctor and a fitness trainer and see what is the max for YOUR OWN body. Since I have been doing 2 hours of cardio & weight training a day for less than 2 weeks I have dropped 3 1/2 inches from my waist and 3 lbs. I'm logging my meals and eating healthier as well. But what I see mostly is the top 2 layers of my abs showing for the first time in 2 years and my thighs and arms becoming defined. So it can be safely done to loose 20 lbs in a month but see your family practitioner and then get a trainer to map out your best course. If you can't do that I wouldn't suggest trying it alone because you really want to be monitored until you get into a safe routine for your own body. I think what some people may mean (and I don't pretend to speak for anyone but me) is that binging and purging, diet pills, laxatives, or starving yourself "ain't smart and aint' gonna work" but with excercise and proper diet you can in fact safely loose weight but that takes committment and HARD WORK.
  • Phatmomma
    Options
    start with eliminating carbs. besides fresh veggies and eliminate high fat protein and salty foods! stick with egg whites for breakfast chicken salad for lunch and fish and veggies for dinner and of coarse fill in with snacks that are healthy in in your calorie budget! any questions let me know!

She did say quick and healthy and you can in fact emliminate carbs for quick and healthy weight loss for a SHORT period of time and transition to GOOD carbs. It's the bases for the South Beach diet.Of course you cannot eliminate all carbs. But I totally get what you mean. and it would result in quick weight loss. The first week of the south beach diet I lost 12 lbs and by the second WEEKEND I was down 20 lbs and in a size 10 from a 14 and by the time it allows you to transition in some carbs I was in a 9 (juniors size) with room to spare after my first baby. My mom was down to a 10/12 but didn't want to loose more weight because of her clothes lol so she went quickly to the maintenance phase. When I find my dang book, I'm going back on the south beach. It's great for vegetarians and I feel way better when I'm not loaded up on carbs.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Eat right, exercise, be positive and safe.
    There is no fast way. NO FAST WAY!!!!
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    2BHealthy....

I would be very careful before I took advice from any of us on how to lose weight quickly, unless the person giving the advice is a medical professional in the area of nutrition and/or exercise. We all may have oppinons on what is, or isn't healthy, and may have personal experience that have/haven't worked for us. However, the basic truth is that there is, by no means, a totally safe way to drop 20 lbs. quickly. It didn't go on quickly, why do people think it can drop quickly and stay off permanently if you do. I would suggest you talk to a nuitritionist or an exercise physiologist. The simple truth of weight loss is burning more calories than what you are taking in. Keep in mind that a pound of fat is equivalent to about 1300 calories. You should never starve your body because your body will go into shock and will start storing food differently...it will try and retain the calories and store them as fat. You can get a book out of the library on nutrition and exercise physiology...this will tell you exactly how the body breaks down food, how to manage your food and exercise properly and help you to determine realistic goals for yourself. Don't buy a "trend" book or a fad diet book...just get the truth about the physiology and biology of your body.

I wish you the best.
  • icandoit
    Options
    2BHealthy....

I would be very careful before I took advice from any of us on how to lose weight quickly, unless the person giving the advice is a medical professional in the area of nutrition and/or exercise. We all may have oppinons on what is, or isn't healthy, and may have personal experience that have/haven't worked for us. However, the basic truth is that there is, by no means, a totally safe way to drop 20 lbs. quickly. It didn't go on quickly, why do people think it can drop quickly and stay off permanently if you do. I would suggest you talk to a nuitritionist or an exercise physiologist. The simple truth of weight loss is burning more calories than what you are taking in. Keep in mind that a pound of fat is equivalent to about 1300 calories. You should never starve your body because your body will go into shock and will start storing food differently...it will try and retain the calories and store them as fat. You can get a book out of the library on nutrition and exercise physiology...this will tell you exactly how the body breaks down food, how to manage your food and exercise properly and help you to determine realistic goals for yourself. Don't buy a "trend" book or a fad diet book...just get the truth about the physiology and biology of your body.

Well said. :flowerforyou:

I wish you the best.
  • KathyR
    KathyR Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i am new here recently, but still know enough that fast losing is NOT good and certainly not a healthy way of doing things. and chances are you will gain it right back quickly and be worse off in a long run. i am 287 pounds and wish i got it off quickly but its not a sensable way of doing it and i will not go that route and risk my health.
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    2BHealthy....

Well said. :flowerforyou:

I wish you the best.

Yes well said :drinker:
  • icandoit
    Options
    Here is my opinion-
    fad diets are a fad-they come and they go

Nutrisystem-food you can carry with you in your purse, car, backpack-hummm--portion control that is costing you over $300 a month. By a measuring cup and cook your own foods and control the preservatives and sodium. Educate yourself on food and portion size. Lots of infor here and on good ol' Google Make your own and carry it in an lunch box with an ice pack. (You know exactly what is in it)

Phen Phen-people died from

diet pills-my best friends mom is on disability from them. She wanted a quick fix and she did this for years. When she went off, she gained, so she went on again. Her whole system is jacked up for it.

Ali-you eat and you mess your pants like a baby. No bowl control

Carbohydrates are the main source of fuel that powers your body.
    Eating the right amount of carbohydrates can increase your energy
    level and improve you performance. Your muscles need carbohydrates
    to fuel your activity.
    Did you know? Eating carbohydrates after a workout speeds up your
    muscles recovery time. Plan to add special carbohydrate snacks after a
    workout to replace what you burned.
    Consuming carbohydrates after a workout will not only help you
    recover faster from that workout but it will increase your energy stores
    and may make you feel less tired and fatigued.
    So eat your carbs

Adkins-some peoples cholesterol went way up.

Lose 10 pounds in 10 days diet-you lost water and when you drink and eat, you gain it right back.

If you want to lose 20 pounds fast-sign up for biggest loser and workout 6 hours a day and eat the right foods and have Bob and Jillian ride your *kitten*.

realize that it may take a while to lose the weight...but, wouldn't you feel better knowing that you are improving your overall health?? I know I would
    Doing the fad thing.....sure you are loosing weight.......but........ask yourself this-Am I getting healthier by doing it this way? NOPE

If losing weight was so easily and melted like butter, we would all be thin. Life isn't that easy. If it takes 3,4 months, it's ok. The safe way is the only way.
  • icandoit
    Options
    one more bit of infor

List of Fad Diets
    Atkins Although written in the 1970s, Atkins Diet Revolution became a huge phenomenon only in the last few years.
    Cabbage Soup Diet This diet is not sustainable but continues to fall in and out favor.
    Negative Calorie Diet Based on a concept with little science to back it up.
    Low Fat diet Very popular during the 1980s and 1990s.
    Low Carb diet Experienced a huge surge in popularity during 2003-2004 - but interest began to decline towards the end of 2004.
    3 Day diet There are many incarnations of 3 day diet floating around. These kind of diet are popular due to the promise of instant gratification. There is never any long term success with such a diet.
    Zone Diet Many consider the Zone diet to be a fad diet - however this diet continues to remain popular with many.
    South Beach Diet The South Beach continues to be one of the biggest selling diet books of all time. Enthusiasm for the diet has not yet faded, and it maybe unfair to call this a fad.

Other Fad Diet Contenders
    Grapefruit diet, Hollywood diet, Beverly Hills Diet, FatLoss4Idiots, Apple Cider Vinegar Diet.
    Other Definitions of a Fad Diet
    Some nutritionists define a fad diet by a series of questions rather than assessing popularity:

Recommendations that promise a quick fix
    Dire warnings of dangers from a single product or regimen
    Claims that sound too good to be true
    Simplistic conclusions drawn from a complex study
    Recommendations based on a single study
    Dramatic statements that are refuted by reputable scientific organizations
    Lists of "good" and "bad" foods
    Recommendations made to help sell a product
    Recommendations based on studies published without review by other researchers
    Recommendations from studies that ignore differences among individuals or groups
    Eliminated one or more of the five food groups
  • 2BHEALTHY
    2BHEALTHY Posts: 62
    Options
    That sounds like you did a grt job!!!! How did you lose 3.5lbs per week. What were you eating?

Keep up the gd work!!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Here is my opinion-
    fad diets are a fad-they come and they go

Nutrisystem-food you can carry with you in your purse, car, backpack-hummm--portion control that is costing you over $300 a month. By a measuring cup and cook your own foods and control the preservatives and sodium. Educate yourself on food and portion size. Lots of infor here and on good ol' Google Make your own and carry it in an lunch box with an ice pack. (You know exactly what is in it)

Phen Phen-people died from

diet pills-my best friends mom is on disability from them. She wanted a quick fix and she did this for years. When she went off, she gained, so she went on again. Her whole system is jacked up for it.

Ali-you eat and you mess your pants like a baby. No bowl control

Carbohydrates are the main source of fuel that powers your body.
    Eating the right amount of carbohydrates can increase your energy
    level and improve you performance. Your muscles need carbohydrates
    to fuel your activity.
    Did you know? Eating carbohydrates after a workout speeds up your
    muscles recovery time. Plan to add special carbohydrate snacks after a
    workout to replace what you burned.
    Consuming carbohydrates after a workout will not only help you
    recover faster from that workout but it will increase your energy stores
    and may make you feel less tired and fatigued.
    So eat your carbs

Adkins-some peoples cholesterol went way up.

Lose 10 pounds in 10 days diet-you lost water and when you drink and eat, you gain it right back.

If you want to lose 20 pounds fast-sign up for biggest loser and workout 6 hours a day and eat the right foods and have Bob and Jillian ride your *kitten*.

realize that it may take a while to lose the weight...but, wouldn't you feel better knowing that you are improving your overall health?? I know I would
    Doing the fad thing.....sure you are loosing weight.......but........ask yourself this-Am I getting healthier by doing it this way? NOPE

If losing weight was so easily and melted like butter, we would all be thin. Life isn't that easy. If it takes 3,4 months, it's ok. The safe way is the only way.

*standing ovation* Well said!
  • icandoit
    Options
    *standing ovation* Well said!
    [/quote]

Thank you:flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    Options
    yay! marvelous icandoit!
  • icandoit
    Options
    yay! marvelous icandoit!

Thank you Thank you Thank you. I learned alot from the best...U:wink:
  • 2BHEALTHY
    Options
    OK..................EVERYTHING YOU GUYS SAID SOUNDS RIGHT.

I lust wanted a quick start then eating healthy and workingout everyday, the healthy way.

Thx, for all the advise.... Gd luck to all of you and keep up the good work
  • 2BHEALTHY
    Options
    THX THX THX
  • mikeleroux1970
    mikeleroux1970 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Right on the money again banks. You have to make changes you can live with forever. Temporary diets don't work and they have a ratcheting effect to them. That means if you put the weight back on you'll likely reach a greater weight than before the weight loss. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • Phatmomma
    Options
    bravo. I always stress each person is so different and their background is so different and their bodies. My poor brother (insert sarcasm) can't keep on his weight because of the training he doees and he eats over 5 thousand cals a day. I guess coming from a family who is very fit and genetically lean and muscular my metabolism is a bit different. Just eating a 2k diet I would drop drastically so I've made changes mostly in what I eat and not so much as cals and buming the excercise like crazy. Like banks:wink: said you have to exercise and even that what works for me probably isn't what will work for you. So you doctor is always the best starting point, I don't care if you are a size 2, then a nutritionist and then a fitness professional.
  • banks1850
    Options
    :blushing:

Appreciate the votes of confidence guys, although I think it was actually Icandoit that said some of this stuff.