Replies

• Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later.
  • mmorford
    mmorford Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to explain this! I have really been struggling since I've been on MFP, not losing hardly anything. This makes sense to me.
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • geecee77
    geecee77 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later
  • apvalletta
    apvalletta Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    bump. interesting
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    great ideas bump
  • marx4
    marx4 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    sounds like what I need to do
  • tsjourney
    tsjourney Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    bump
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Okay, this is a little tough to wrap my head around. That site tells me that my current BMR at 266 lbs is 1922, and my total calories at goal weight of 150 would be 1942.

Currently I eat 1500-1600 per day (before you subtract exercise calories). And am going nowhere. So I need to up my calories from 1500-1600 to 1942? I feel like you're telling me to put out a fire with gasoline instead of water. :)

Question. Considering that I've apparently been consistently eating 300-400 calories below BMR for months and months, what's likely to happen if I suddenly up that by 300-400 calories? Am I likely to see an initial weight gain before things adjust? Because I'm thinking of trying this and I want to know what to expect so I don't get freaked out.

And it's entirely possible I'm not understanding this correctly at all.
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    bump
  • scatgash
    scatgash Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 8break
    8break Posts: 11
    Options
    bump
  • donna9089
    donna9089 Posts: 87
    Options
    bump for later working...I cannot eat what MFP says I should eat. I think this will make it even more, but maybe that is why I do not lose pounds
  • tsjourney
    tsjourney Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    At 5'7" currently 252 GW 160, if I calculated it correctly, it says I should consume 1905 calories a day. I should really change my calories to that a day?? That is about 700 more than I usually take in. I put 8 hours rest and 16 hours very light, i have a desk job and don't exercise regularly right now. I can really lose weight eating that many calories?
  • memobe
    memobe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    very interesting, will check this out :)
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Okay, this is a little tough to wrap my head around. That site tells me that my current BMR at 266 lbs is 1922, and my total calories at goal weight of 150 would be 1942.

Currently I eat 1500-1600 per day (before you subtract exercise calories). And am going nowhere. So I need to up my calories from 1500-1600 to 1942? I feel like you're telling me to put out a fire with gasoline instead of water. :)

Question. Considering that I've apparently been consistently eating 300-400 calories below BMR for months and months, what's likely to happen if I suddenly up that by 300-400 calories? Am I likely to see an initial weight gain before things adjust? Because I'm thinking of trying this and I want to know what to expect so I don't get freaked out.

And it's entirely possible I'm not understanding this correctly at all.

I'm with you. I think I'm not grasping the concept. If I change the weight in the calculator to my current weight there is only ~200 calorie difference in the total calories. At that rate a 1 lb loss would take 17.5 days? What is the danger of underestimating your activity level? (which I have probably done). I definitely need a change as I have had no loss in months. I am slowly getting a little bit smaller so that kind of keeps me motivated, but that # on the scale is maddening!
  • lillydlc
    lillydlc Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Bumping to save to my topics:flowerforyou:
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    bump