shakeology......opinions/suggestions??

Options

Replies

• GoinOrganic
    GoinOrganic Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Although shakeology has some great ingredients, it also packs 9grams of sugar, and using some sugar substitutes that cause bloating in some people's intestinal track. It also has MSM which for some causes bloating also. So I do NOT believe shakeology is a worthy meal replacement shake.

I believe in eating small amounts of protein 5-6 times a day, and lots of veggies and some fruit... but if you are having trouble eating, cuz your busy, I have found a meal replacement product I like that is also pH balanced... combined with greens, and it's a great healthy way to go. I have used this shake for a few weeks now, and If I use it for at least one meal, I can go for hours w/o feeling hungry... and it feels good in my body.

It's less than shakeology, like $80 for 28 servings... and less for bulk buying.

Whey protein is much less expensive, but for me whey protein is more for building muscle and work outs WITH food... for building. Whey protein w/o food and I'm ravenous in 2 hours...

For product info, contact me.
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Opinion: Why not make your own? Maybe a Green Monster Smoothie or Protein Shake- there is TONS of different delicious recipes online!!!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    It's gimmicky bs. Get whey protein powder if you want to make cheap shakes. Eat real food...even better.

You have no Idea what you're talking about. It's not BS. It's very healthy and good for you.

its over priced and the same ingredients are available for much less. Glad you like it but it isnt magic. Its the result of very effective marketing.

You really think you could by all 70+ ingredients for less. Good Luck.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Although shakeology has some great ingredients, it also packs 9grams of sugar, and using some sugar substitutes that cause bloating in some people's intestinal track. It also has MSM which for some causes bloating also. So I do NOT believe shakeology is a worthy meal replacement shake.

I believe in eating small amounts of protein 5-6 times a day, and lots of veggies and some fruit... but if you are having trouble eating, cuz your busy, I have found a meal replacement product I like that is also pH balanced... combined with greens, and it's a great healthy way to go. I have used this shake for a few weeks now, and If I use it for at least one meal, I can go for hours w/o feeling hungry... and it feels good in my body.

It's less than shakeology, like $80 for 28 servings... and less for bulk buying.

Whey protein is much less expensive, but for me whey protein is more for building muscle and work outs WITH food... for building. Whey protein w/o food and I'm ravenous in 2 hours...

For product info, contact me.

selling is forbidden here.
  • my2boiz
    my2boiz Posts: 89
    Options
    if you have the money then go for it. Sign up with a beach body coach (its free) then you can get it a little bit cheaper. I also agree that you can find the same kind of product for a much cheaper price. Protein shakes make my stomach hurt so I'm not really into them, but to each their own. I don't think anyone is "wrong". :) Hope you find something you like!!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    It's gimmicky bs. Get whey protein powder if you want to make cheap shakes. Eat real food...even better.

You have no Idea what you're talking about. It's not BS. It's very healthy and good for you.

its over priced and the same ingredients are available for much less. Glad you like it but it isnt magic. Its the result of very effective marketing.

dude...no offense...congrats on your progress...but one thing I have learned here...once someone buys into the marketing/brainwashing by the seller of that stuff, they cannot be talked to....good luck
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,639 Member
    Options
    Shakeology: Great product, and has high quality ingredients and the chocolate and tropical strawberry taste great. So in my view its worth the price tag. Though if you are vegan I would go with Vega brand shakes over the vegan Tropical Strawberry because of the price difference. Both Vega and Beachbody's products are good quality.

I have been using shakeology since August (approx 6 months).

Greenberry tastes fruity and is good when mixed with water and fruit, I find any form of dairy (almond milk, cows milk, etc) tastes odd with it. I find it has an aftertaste that is acidic and taste chemically (not a word I know).
    The quality isn't as high as you think. Just putting a name on an ingredient label doesn't ensure quality. Since it's manufactured by a 3rd party, unless quality control has a totally separate raw processing procedure for shakeology (which I doubt since that would make it even more expensive than it is now) then the processing for shakeology is NO DIFFERENT than for the other merchants the 3rd party does to fulfill orders.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Nothing will ever compare to Isagenix products and I've tried everything supplement stores have to offer.
    I doubt it. There are over 4,000 protein supplements out there alone. You may have tried 50 at the most.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Glamour60Xtreme
    Options

ACTUALLY my DOCTOR told me that you only get about 35 of them, so half.. so it's really not worth it. and he wouldn't let my aunt who has cancer use it because he said it would make her sick... YES, i believe that it's a great product and VERY healthy for you, however, you don't end up getting all the nutritents because half of them go through your body. I was taking it for 7 months, and talked to my doctor about it and they told me I wasn't getting everything, because it would need more time to fully digest. Food for thought.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

It's an MLM. The shakeology MLM is supported (makes money) off the coaches who are sold on the Beach Body product.
    If I had the link (here on MyFitnesspal) ACG has done alot on the actual quality and dose of the ingredients in shakeology and shown that shakeology DOESN'T opt to use the highest quality materials available, yet is outrageously expensive compared to other products that have higher quality ingredients and formulas.
    Not saying the shakeology is total bunk, but for the money you can get just as much from products that offer the same value for less money.

IDEA Fitness member
  • lissypriss
    lissypriss Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'd invest in Rockin' Wellness, rather than shakeology..trust me.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

You absolutely CAN buy something with all those ingredients and spend hundreds less!!! We've covered this in sooo many threads. Buy some Green Vibrance, a decent chocolate protein powder, toss in blender...and for 6 month supply save $300 over Shakeology with the SAME INGREDIENTS in higher quality...

By the way...yeah, I am a TBB Coach. But instead of force feeding you bad marketing, I tell you the truth.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    I think the deal with this is once someone buys this stuff they have to convince themselves that they havnt wasted money so they forgo common sense and just buy the hype with the product. If it works for you and you can afford it, then go for it. BUT...for those who havnt yet bought into this marketing miracle, let people see the real facts (you can buy the same sutff cheaper) and be content that it works for you. Quit selling it here to those just starting out. Go to your bb site and sell to your hearts content.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options

What I've wondered is do you get an effective amount from all of those ingredients. It seems like having a little bit of everything doesn't necessarily mean you get the purported benefits of each ingredient.
  • jessper1572
    Options
    wow thanks for all the feedback!! I have been trying different things in my own home and so far I like the vega brand vanilla or muscle milk vanilla and also have tried the egg white protien powder. I just have not found something that fills me up or is easy for in the morning besides eggs and those get old quick! morning is when I have to force myself to eat or I crash my sugar then I feel sick the rest of the day.
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to my chocolate shakeology drink in the mornings after my workout!!! I've been drinking it for a little over a month and I honestly have to say that I feel great! On a side note, it helped regulate me so that is always a plus!!! It is expensive but with all of the vitamins and nutrients in it, I think it's worth it personally for myself!
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have heard both bad and good about this. I personally take whey protein from walmart and works fine for me. I eat healthy but eating the right foods do not have all the nutrients our bodies need so I believe in supplements, but as in supplements they are all not created equal. Do your research.
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I have tried Shakeology. It is a great product, but I have found something else that is just as good for you and a little less expensive offered by Shaklee. I like Shaklee cinch too because it offers more flavors. The shakeology is about $120 for 30 servings, and the Cinch is $80 for 30 servings. I know that both have done studies, and have scientific research behind them. It makes an easy meal if you want something that is "faster" food and is still healthy.

And lets compare, say I go get a smoothie everyday from Surf City, that's our smoothie place. It would cost me $4 a day, or 120 a month. If you went with the Cinch you would actually be saving money. She Shakeology would probably cost the same as a smoothie out.

In the end it is up to you!
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Ooooo one of my favorite subjects. . . Shakeology is so good. My favorite is chocolate. The greenberry is a healthier taste. Where as the chocolate is more of a sweet taste. Sweet like me. HAHAHA. More than anything it is a great equalizer. I eat bad. I hate veggies. I often could not get full because I eat trying to satisfy my body's craving and cant. Well poof! Add Shakeology and all of that changed. It is the healthiest meal of my day. I have it in the morning and it just balances my glycemic index . I dont drink nearly as much coffee. I dont need it. I dont crave junk. It is one of the best things I have done for myself. the money? I was easily spending that in fast food and eating out. I am not new to the fitness game. I have tried to 'diet' before. I have never tried to listen to people who are getting results and I have never tried to listen to my body. I had no idea why I was ALWAYS hungry . ALWAYS eating. I have taken it since the holidays started. It was my holiday gift to myself. It also came with DVD's that I still use that helped me to get my 300 pound self moving. Self investment is not for the weak at heart. In the end we must do what works, has proven results and believe we are worth the time, the energy and the money it takes to succeed.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    Ooooo one of my favorite subjects. . . Shakeology is so good. My favorite is chocolate. The greenberry is a healthier taste. Where as the chocolate is more of a sweet taste. Sweet like me. HAHAHA. More than anything it is a great equalizer. I eat bad. I hate veggies. I often could not get full because I eat trying to satisfy my body's craving and cant. Well poof! Add Shakeology and all of that changed. It is the healthiest meal of my day. I have it in the morning and it just balances my glycemic index . I dont drink nearly as much coffee. I dont need it. I dont crave junk. It is one of the best things I have done for myself. the money? I was easily spending that in fast food and eating out. I am not new to the fitness game. I have tried to 'diet' before. I have never tried to listen to people who are getting results and I have never tried to listen to my body. I had no idea why I was ALWAYS hungry . ALWAYS eating. I have taken it since the holidays started. It was my holiday gift to myself. It also came with DVD's that I still use that helped me to get my 300 pound self moving. Self investment is not for the weak at heart. In the end we must do what works, has proven results and believe we are worth the time, the energy and the money it takes to succeed.