LADIES!!! GET IN HERE!!! AUNT FLO IS RUINING LIFE!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• amehime
    amehime Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You'll drop the pound when your TOM is over.

We have it hard because we GROW PEOPLE. Our bodies are not destined to be rock hard, they are soft and snuggly for holding babies. We have boobs to nurse babies. We have extra fat because we GROW people. From scratch!

^Love this!! :D

Also I read that this is when you feel the least like exercising but it's extremely helpful for reducing the water weight and just making you feel better.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Well I was "blessed" (yeah right) to have flo visit me Thursday night. I have been working out and eating right so I haven't had the cramps and bloating as bad as I had in the past. I have taken far less pain med to relieve cramps and upped my water intake.
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling it today....I'm cramping, cravings are bad, and I feel sluggish. But I have to get my workout in today...gonna pop about 4 advil and knock out my running. Luckily I haven't started yet, just PMS'ing......otherwise I wouldn't be able to make it to the gym. I'm constantly having to worry that the tampon and pad I'm wearing won't be enough and I'll embarrass myself at the gym one day with a big red spot on my pants. Lol........
  • warnerl1
    warnerl1 Posts: 25
    Options
    I just got mine bright and early today, and it is my birthday. Happy effing birthday to me. Haha. Needless to say, I hear ya.

I agree with you completely!! Why does it seem you always get the TOM when it's something special going on... It would be nice if you would get the "visit" the week before or after your big party or vacation not right smack in the middle!!
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Try not to fret about that measely pound, it's probably only water weight. The icky feelings suck....but they too go away!!
  • carolanne84
    carolanne84 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    oh girl I know the feeling I got my lovely visit Thursday, complete with major cramps and bloating ughhhh, gave into my hormones and had a chocolate and pecan cluster it was either that or bite someones head off :D I woke up yesterday tho in a awesome mood, I did laundry, deep cleaned the kitchen, and even cleaned my living room carpet. I have no clue where the extra energy came from, but I was hauling butt!! Sometimes you just have to take that first day off to re-cooperate and adjust to the "visit".
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    At 54 I feel blessed to still get mine on a sort of regular basis. Not having them means a whole new set of problems, that I'm not looking forward to.
  • anarose13
    anarose13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    i get through it by knowing that its just that, a cycle, which means as fast as it came it will go again. you just have to be strong and stick to your diet and you will be fine. more then likely the pound you put on was just from water retention. if you have a bad day then leave it as that and make the next better. always remember, this too shall pass. on to bigger and brighter things, you can do it hun!
  • ArtsyLaurie
    ArtsyLaurie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I decided to take a break from logging food the first few days, just til I stopped feeling crappy. I probably didn't do too bad those few days and don't feel guilty either. And I'm down a pound or two today! Yay!
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    things I have learned while dieting..... if you cut out sugar, your period will be much heavier. The one thing they never warned me about on the South Beach Diet.

The one good thing for me is my metabolism kicks up during my period. So if I can just stick with MFP numbers I will be rewarded when it's over with. I do cave into my cravings sometimes but I put the numbers in. I have learned to balance it out so in about 5 days I see a drop in the scales. Last month we happened to travel during my TOM and we splurged eating out.... I still lost a pound and my husband gained two! (Secretly that felt good since he can lose it much easier than me!)

But yes..... for a good week I don't see a change on the scales or I might see an increase of a pound. I get frustrated. I get very hormonal at times too.... for me it's my patience that goes. I get snappy and I feel tense. Exercise helps. I get on the treadmill and just try to let it all go. I put on upbeat music and dance around the house while I clean. I try to get outside to get some sun and fresh air.

Worst case scenario, I lock myself away from the food and curl up with a good book or a movie.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    le sigh
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    le sigh
    LE SIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options

We have it hard because we GROW PEOPLE. Our bodies are not destined to be rock hard, they are soft and snuggly for holding babies. We have boobs to nurse babies. We have extra fat because we GROW people. From scratch!

Exactly!
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Yes, it sucks. I can tell from ovulation until ToM that I'm retaining lots of stuff, not just water. I know they say it is water, but I think my body holds on to every calorie tighter during that two weeks. Two days after I start, by body purges it, and I feel the skinniest I've felt all month. Then it starts over. It's a crappy deal we get, although I love the part about growing people from scratch.

So, here's how I look at it: it's a cycle. I'm going to bloat up the second half of each cycle, but my goal is to be a little smaller each time. And I'm not weighing that final week. There is no point. I'm going to keep doing the right things: cardio, weights, and clean food, and ignore what the scale and the tape measure say for that week. When it's over, I hope to be a pound or two lighter than last month at the same time.
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    control! i know its so hard when its that time of the month but for the first time i didnt give into my cravings and the next day i didnt even want anything! its just about getting over the first day x
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Aunt flo is the DEVIL!!! LOL I got on the scale Thurs & was down 2lbs got on yesterday, because we're doing BL at work, & was up the same 2! I always gain premenstral weight. You're lucky it's only a pound I gain a good 5!!!!
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options

LOVE.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of the meme my awesome sister in law sent me: "I can grow people with my body, what's your superpower?" Or something like that. I can also sustain them with my fabulous boobs (that's what I think really makes them fabulous, no matter how many heads they do or do not turn). In exchange for that, I'm willing to have weight loss stall a bit or go up or whatever.

But in all truth, if your period is very heavy or cramps are very bad and you are anemic or may be because you are very tired, it is worth checking out if you have fibroids or endometriosis or something like that. There is a group called periods, period which is full of smart people and real talk, if women's health is truly an interest to you. Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • airlily
    airlily Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm on mine at the moment. I took Midol the night before and the scale recorded me as losing 2 pounds this morning. I was urinating all night, though. Midol is your friend.
  • Averyjay
    Averyjay Posts: 9
    Options
    Good to know I'm not alone ladies! Just to show u how psychotic I am today, in the short time since starting the post, I have already cried twice and flipped out on my husband for leaving the cap off of the toothpaste. Yeah...its best that I just avoid the scale to prevent more psychological damage!