GROCERY IDEAS~!

Options
lauryn86
lauryn86 Posts: 86 Member
Hey guys, I have to go shopping today and I was wondering what have you all been picking up latley? ANy new food finds or favorites that you buy every week?? I have been loving the Eggo low fat nutrigrain waffles with skippy peanut butter for breakfast. I also love the weight watchers colby cheese sticks and apples with laughing cow cheese spread on them!

Replies

• Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I picked up some of these cheese bites from Holland & Barrett, they're hollow and this flavor was Sour Cream and Onion. It had little to no taste in them...

I started eating Greek Yoghurt and it's really great, it is a bit bitter (my sister says it tastes bitter lol), but I enjoy it with Chocolate Whey Protein and it's a great high protein snack.

I recently started drinking Soya Milk, I only use it with my protein powder, I tried it with my Ready Brek, but it seems to make it really sticky and stoggy compared to regular cow's milk, so I stick to Skimmed Milk for Ready Brek.

Recently been eating Blueberries, so I have to get some more of them, had some today. I also picked up some Popping Corn and used Spray Oil instead of the fatty oils they say you should use, it was a little on the crunchy side, but I used sweetener and it tasted great.

I got some Warburton Square Wraps, I had tried them before, but this time round I have been making pizza's with them, and been using Dolmio Low Fat Bolognese Sauce on them (which I also bought at the same time). It's a great little pizza which is around 400kcal when I make it.
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have been buying hummus and wasa 7grain light n crisp crackers for months now I think :) I usually have that as my afternoon snack.

I've also been buying yellow peppers, I either eat them with the hummus or saute them with spinach, it's so good! I also made stuffed peppers with them a few days ago.

Bananas! I eat one every day :)

whole grain pasta - takes some getting used to but now I prefer it over the regular stuff!
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I've made stuffed peppers a couple of times and they were great. What do you put in yours?

I've put in mushrooms, celery, spinach and scrambled egg. I then sprinkled grated cheese on top, I will make them again, but with Lighter Mature Cheddar. The way I did them was cut them in half, I know a lot of people would of cut the top off and scooped out the seeds and stuff, but I just thought that when you cut into it, it will all fall out so I made it easier to cut and eat afterwards by cutting them in half. The only problem is that I couldn't get my veggie and egg mixture in lol.
  • jwalker831
    jwalker831 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love roasted vegetables: asparagus or broccoli are two favorites and always topped with Trader Joes premium olive oil and chopped fresh garlic. Roast at 450 in a shallow pan for 15-20 minutes. You can do this with in-season veggies: green beans, squash, anything you like.

My favorite pre-workout snack is currently Kashi's TLC Trail Mix Chewy Granola bar. Very good and great for energy.

We've also discovered Amy's Organic Soups...delicious!
  • Linda6580
    Linda6580 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    bump
  • krissypea79
    krissypea79 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    PB2 powdered peanut butter!!!!! 2tbsp is only 45 calories so you can have 2x as much and still be 100 calories under regular PB! It tastes good! If they don't sell it near you, you can buy it on amazon.com and have it in 2 days! It is my new favorite snack!!!

Oh, and spaghetti squash is my new favorite thing!!! I truly don't miss pasta now that I've discovered it!!!
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I bought some wasabi rice crackers the other day that I really like. You get 18 of them for only 120 calories and they have a lot of flavor. They are good with a little tuna, a laughing cow cheese wedge, or hummus.
  • rjsbdsjas
    rjsbdsjas Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm headed to the market today too. I've been hungry for grapefruit for several days, so I'll get some of them.

Also will get some cabbage and other vegetables to make homemade vegetable soup.

Hot Oat Bran cereal is great at breakfast and seems to hold off hunger longer than oatmeal, although I like that too.

I recently bought some frozen salmon and will make that for dinner soon.

Bananas never stay around long in my house, so I'll probably get a couple of bunches of them!
  • jesserussellnoll
    Options
    definitely Greek Yogurt, tons of brands, but my personal favorites are Chobani, they ahve tons of flavors, my favorites are Apple Cinamon and Pomegranate

- Light butter popcorn- the brand I get is only 75 calories for the ENTIRE bag!
    - Tons of fruit, banana's, pears, oranges
    -Spinach
  • theNurseNancy
    Options
    I ALWAYS get chicken breasts, greek yogurt, bananas, broccoli, and apples. Blueberries and stawberries are great add-ons for yogurt. Instant oatmeal to make pancakes. Turkey bacon if I feel like bacon. And my new favorite sweet treat: Weight Watchers Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake bars. mmm
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    dannon lite and fit yougurts, red and green peppers, mushrooms, romaine lettuce , thomas english muffins, maple and brown sugar bagels(thomas too i think) eggs, chicken breast, walmart marketside light buttermilk ranch (its good) or lite house kefir yogurt ranch (also good ) both about 50 or 60 cals for 2 tbsp, chunky peanut butter, blackberries, strawberries, honeydew melons, tuna fish, sourdough bread, lol sorry thats my list for every week
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Things to keep in the house (so buy them the first time or replenish)

Brown rice
    Quinoa
    Lentils
    Chicken breasts
    Lots of produce: whatever looks good or is in season or is new and you've never tried it before. Just buy it and give it a shot. May love it; may hate it.
    Eggs
    Skim milk
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    When I have a salt/crunch craving..... popchips. I love the Salt and Pepper flavor. 22 chips are 120 calories.

Those new Skinny Cow candy bars are wonderful for a chocolate craving. Chobani yogurt when it's just a sweet craving... black cherry is my favorite flavor.

My husband loves pistachios and ever since Dr Oz said it was good for your cholesterol, he eats more! His new favorites is Everybody's Nuts Sweet Chili.

We eat a ton of red peppers and I'm glad the price is somewhat going down. We can go through 1 or 2 of them a day with snacking and cooking.

Fiber One bars and brownies. My husband eats a brownie almost every day now. He gets in habits like that, it use to be a nutrigrain bar.