I am officially commited and addicted to MFP--who's with me?

Options

Replies

• reneeileen
    reneeileen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I love it here! I'm also getting ready for my wedding in April!!!! The support here is amazing. The friends I have here are so much more consistent and motivating than friends and family in my real life. It is amazing because we are all here for the same reason, more or less. Feel free to add me.

As for shoes, everyone is different. I typically love Asics and Saucony but I didn't figure that out until I tried on about 50 different shoes. You can go to a fancy athletic shoe store and they will do an analysis or you could go to your local giant shoe store and try on everything in the athletic shoe aisle. If you buy something online, you can typically return them if they don't feel right after you've tried them on at home.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You can add me if you like. I get a little 'goofy' sometimes but I think I can help motivate you! Good luck! You can do this!
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Also, going off topic here. But, what are the best workout shoes? What are your thoughts?

I swear by my Asics. I had injured my knees pretty bad when I first started exercising. I started stretching daily and spent a little *too much* money on a pair of Asics. They absorb a lot of impact and help my shins and knees.

14839892.png
  • Bri_Becq
    Bri_Becq Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I think I'm a little addicted and becoming more committed each day. good luck to all & feel free to add :)
  • Glamour60Xtreme
    Options
    I am def. addicted to this site! But it's a good thing to be Addicted to :) Anyone can add me if they would like :)

8365881.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • starrlp
    starrlp Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello, I started MFP a couple months ago and love it. I really wanted to make more friends though because it gets lonely just looking at all my updates.
    I'm not perfect on this but I make sure to log everything even when its way over the the calorie amount I should be at of course I make sure to log in all my exercise minutes as well.

I'm trying to lose 150lbs, but have a mini goal of 30lbs first, if anyone has pointers it is greatly appreciated.
  • kady11
    kady11 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA! GOOD ADDICTION. THE WEIGHT IS FALLING OFF!
  • larosevear
    Options
    Wow guys!!!!!!! I am loving the replies to my blog. Making me feel better already. And thanks so much for the friend requests...you guys ROCK!:happy:
  • medicrenee
    medicrenee Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Renee and I am am addicted to MFP
  • KellieLouise84
    Options
    hiya feel free to add me! Been here about 2 months and finding it incredibly helpful!! good luck with your weight loss!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I just joined this site a few days ago and I am loving it. I used to be on Spark people but I found it difficult to use, but myfitnesspal is so easy. I started my weight loss journey about a year and a half ago and have lost 125lbs, but now that I am getting closer to my weight loss goal it's becoming more difficult to lose the weight. Feel free to add me too. :)

I was on spark people too. As a techie I liked some of the features but it was too much for me. I love MFP! Feel free to send me a friend request
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's a great place. Feel free to add me. Good luck!
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Glad that you are back and doing well Lauren - two pounds is awesome!

Work out shoes - I use Sketchers d'Lites, but I know a lot of people enjoy New Balance and Nike. The best thing you could do is go to a store that will measure your foot and help you find a shoe that fits what your foot is and what you're going to be doing! :)

Good luck on your journey!
  • skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I joined in August 2011 and haven't missed a day, even on those days where logging was painful. It's a wonderful community and a great place to track the things that matter - input and output!

Feel free to add me - I'd be happy to support you on your journey!
  • GMR1111
    GMR1111 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am.. Couple of weeks on MFP love it but not losing much..A little bit disappointed... Add me if you like could do with some inspiration... Gerrie
  • Scorpiotwinkle
    Options
    I am so addicted too! It's the first time I ever committed so strongly. You can add me if you like.
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I love this site and tools!
  • gwmedicgod
    gwmedicgod Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Renee and I am am addicted to MFP

LOL glad we're all seeking treatment for this addiction... :)
  • katherinemm31
    Options
    I'm digging it.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have been on this website since January 4. I love this website, a friend of mine told me about it. I planned on losing weight at the beginning of the year. I can guarantee I would not be as far as I am in the weight loss journey without this site. I have it downloaded to my smart phone too. My weakness is eating. I am doing very good with exercise. I do at least 1 hour of exercise a day, on weekends a lot of time it is 2 hours a day.

Feel free to add me. I am always looking for and want to support people on here.