I am officially commited and addicted to MFP--who's with me?

Options

Replies

• Andufrene
    Andufrene Posts: 44
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck! Feel free to add me! Anyone feel free to add me...I love having friends so we can motivate each other! :smile:
  • SuzieA1991
    SuzieA1991 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Me too me too! :))) Today is my 55th day on here and I'm loving it! Feel free to add me any and everyone
  • celindaasmith
    celindaasmith Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Lauren,
    I'd love to be new MFP along with all the others that are posting! What a great community. I just joined MFP and lost my first two pounds. We'll see if I can hang in there. You posting was so great and made me realize how important the community is!

I'm still building my profile, but will upload a pic, etc.

Celinda
  • kriswit
    kriswit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your week 1 2lbs! It feels great, right?!?! Trust me when I say week 1 is truely the hardest but also the most rewarding, especially when your mind is finally on the right track. I've been a member for just over a month and I have lost 11.5 lbs and couldn't be more happy with the results. I truely believe that this is NOT a diet.....it's a life style change. Be proud of yourself for what you have done so far and that will motivate you to continue to make good choices. MFP doesn't mean you can't go out to eat....it teaches you to make better choices. My best advice to you is to weigh your food and learn what a serving really is. It may surprise you. Good Luck in your journey!
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I've logged in for 159 days in a row now. When I first started I thought that all this logging would be a real pain. NOT TRUE! There are so many thousands of foods in the database that I have only had to add a new food maybe 3 or 4 times in the last 159 days.

Simply by logging my calorie intake and exercise I have been staying under my calorie goals and achieving my exercise goals. As a result, I have lost 49 lbs so far. Another 20 lbs and I will hit my goal. I've recommended this web page to all my friends with weight loss goals.

BTW, I will be 64 years old in May. I get so tired of people telling me they are too old to exercise. I go to the gym 3 - 4 days a week now and have a good, hard workout for 1 - 1 1/4 hours. Just get off the couch and DO IT!

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    My husband and I joined MFP Memorial Day 2011 and we are addicts!
    We are planning to celebrate one year on MFP this Memorial Day with a trip to Charleston, SC. We'll take one year progress pictures and toast our commitment to another year of fitness.
  • reztib
    reztib Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I gave up Facebook for Lent. Was getting too involved and I just wanted a break from it. I think MFP has replaced it. Most of the friends here I have never met in person but are a great source of motivation and encouragement. I hope to make more on here who are seeking motivation and encouragement.
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I'm Brad, and I'm a MFP Addict. And proud of it, with 50 pounds to show it!
  • lu136mickey
    lu136mickey Posts: 202
    Options
    I feel the same way, congrats on the loss I think if it was not for MFP I would have went back to my old ways already. Having friends on here helps I know your only accountable to yourself but something about this site makes you want to do good and stay in your calorie settings cause all your friends will know if you screw up lol but they still give you the encourgement to keep going when you do GOOD LUCK!!! and add me if you want.
  • towdancer67
    towdancer67 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have only been doing MFP for almost a month. Lost 4 pounds so far. I always have a small planner with me just in case I'm in meetings and cannot use my phone. It is a great tracking system. I never realized how much I put in my mouth because I was just plain bored.

I use the Fitbit to keep me motivated in exercising. Each day I challenge myself on badge earnings. It's pricey but where I'm at I have no support to motivate me to exercise.

As far as shoes go, it is always in your best interest to go to a REAL athletic store. Not ****'s Sporting Goods where they employ high school kids. At a real running store, they will measure your stride, gait and take into account your weight and any past problems with your joints or feet.

I love my shoes that I got from Front Runner in Columbus, OH. All this time I have been wearing the wrong shoes and couldn't figure out why my toes always went numb from running. It wasn't my weight (well, part of it was). I was buying shoes that were too wide and too cushy and way too much stability in the heel.

Hope this helped.
  • geesdubya
    geesdubya Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to this site and it's helped my lose almost 50 pounds!
  • LBahnman
    LBahnman Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Lauren,

You can add me too. I just started Feb 27th. I found it pretty easy to keep track of my food and although that hasn't been perfect, I just realized I've lost 3 lbs since Feb 27th! I had lost 5 lbs just before I started MFP so that means I'm down a total of 8 lbs! I'm feeling pretty encouraged.

BTW, I lost the 5 lbs after reading the book Wheat Belly by Dr. Davis, M.D. He talked about how wheat has changed since mid 1985s and how 2 slices of whole wheat bread increases your blood sugar more than 2 tsp of sugar. He has loads of studies to back it up. I found my craving has slowed right down.

Best of luck to you.

Lori
  • stephharp
    Options
    Hi all :)
    I wanted to welcome all new members and to say congrats on your journey. I would love to have some friends on here to toss ideas off of and get some tips if anyone is looking for the same just sent me a message.
    I joined a few months ago but havent really been using MFP but I a goal in mind now and very excited to get it started having a really great week so far!! I dont really know my way around yet and was wondering if there is a specific place where we can get recipes for the food data base as I keep coming up with peoples names besides food ex Tracys Homemade Chicken Stir fry. I would love to have no ideas on what to cook thats healthy. So if anyone could help me out that would be awesome. Happy healthy eating and excerising :)
  • KittyMagenta
    KittyMagenta Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am totally addicted!!! I love reading everyone's story, workouts, eating habits, motivations, encouragements and I found myself draining my phone batteries logging my food dairy every 2 hours!!! hahahaha It's fantastic here and I think of you guys as my 2nd family since I don't have many of my own! Very inspiring! Add me if you like! ^_^
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting back on track!!! Feel free to add me :wink:
  • tanga_gurl
    tanga_gurl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have also become addicted to it!! I check it like I check my facebook now, its great!! feel free to add me anyone =)
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I'd say the best running shoes are Mizuno, but it really depends on the wearer! If these are your first pair, I advise that you go to a local running shoes store or even sports authority and have them see what kind of arch support you need, whether you have flat feet or over-pronated, etc. However, I will say that Asics are probably better than Nike or Adidas... just because they focus on running shoes. I've seen a few good brooks and new balances, though Asics are better on the whole...
    Cheers
  • ChristophHewett
    ChristophHewett Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent.
    On the topic of shoes, I'm a big fan of barefoot shoes for all stability based exercise - but only walking/running if you know the right technique (no heel impact). I have VIVO barefoot.
  • cclamar8
    cclamar8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I joined this site about two weeks ago and I love it! What work outs are you doing?? I'm doing P90X and I'm drinking shakeology! I have lost 15.6 pounds in two months!! Yay!
  • cclamar8
    cclamar8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use skinnytaste.com! It's awesome and really easy to prepare!