Looking for support

mdb120776
mdb120776 Posts: 34 Member
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
I am heading to my mom's house for the next three days and I always have a problem with eating way too much when I am there. She makes the best food. She is one of those people that is stuck in good old fashion cooking which will put lots of pounds on my body. I hate to tell her that I can't eat it when I know she only made it because I was in town. Anyone ever get to where they have problems saying no to family? Any ideas?

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    make sure to exercise, and portion out the food. Fill up on the veggies and salads...........but ENJOY mom's cooking. It isnt like you eat like that every day.

:heart: Jeannie
  • Americans like us always tend to over eat so I'd ask for smaller portions!! Also bring along some healthy snaks like granola/nuts to eat instead! Also, tell her about "the buy one get one free fruits at Winn Dixie" or the "Locked in Low Price":smile: :
  • you lost 32 lbs!! CONGRATS!!! :smile:
    And you lost 10!!!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Maybe you could take some healthy snacks or recipes or dishes to share. Show her (gently, of course) how you're eating now & how much better you feel. Don't just tell her - bring it or make it so it seems more helpful than critical.
    Don't be pushy - we moms sometimes base our self worth on how we feed those we love.
    You can educate her a little though, in the process.
    :heart:
    At our house, everyone comes home for special occasions & expects those traditional foods to be served as if that's what I always cook. It's weird, but we only have those high-fat foods when everyone is here to help us eat it! :wink:
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Have fun. Family is what really matters.
  • mdb120776
    mdb120776 Posts: 34 Member
    Thank you all for the input.. I will definately bring some healthy snacks for me and my kids, although they love eating all grandmas cookies and ice cream. I just have to remember to portion myself. It will be hard but I got my mind set.
This discussion has been closed.