turkey jerky
    turkey
    lentils
    cashews
    edamame pods
    tuna
    chicken
    protein bars

My favourite at the moment is a slice of turkey and 2 poached eggs on rye bread
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I am disturbed by the fact that there are people out there who don't like peanut butter. It makes me very, very sad.

That being said, as has already been pointed out, it's not that great of a protein source anyway. Lean meats, beans, certain dairy products (I'm allergic to milk but I know that Greek yogurt has quite a bit of protein), and other foods like that are high in protein.

There are also always protein powders, although of course it's great when you can get adequate protein from "real" foods.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Quest bars! http://www.questproteinbar.com/

I love these freakin' things.

Their flavours sound yummy! Any recommendations of which to try first lol?

I got the 100% natural sample pack to start off with. They're all good, really.

My personal favorites:
    #1. Lemon Cream Pie - it tastes like a cookie!
    #2. Coconut Cashew - I love anything coconut

My least favorites:
    Cinnamon Bun
    Strawberry Cheesecake

I just ordered a whole box of lemon cream pie.
  • DollHouseKiera
    Options
    The Quest bars are friggin' delicious, especially if you warm them up a little. Some people put them in the microwave for 15 secs. Me, I just put them in my pocket for a little bit. The Vanilla and Brownie ones are my favs. They're from the original line and have Splenda in them. I can't try the new line of flavors since they replaced the Splenda with Stevia and I'm allergic to Stevia... I'm entirely jealous of the people eating the new Quest bars...

Another good protein hit is greek yogurt (I use Fage brand) mixed half and half with sugarfree vanilla pudding. It's awesome cheesecakey protein!
  • pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Can't get the sample packs in the uk, but have found one online store that does them singly as well asin packs. Looks like I'll have to order one of everything (not the pb ones of course though lol)
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I *like* peanut butter but wish my tummy would like it equally. I get bad cramps after eating just a tbsp. A few times a year, though, I suffer for the cause and spread some on crispy waffles. :happy:
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry...you lost me at I hate peanut butter. LOL!
  • ShellyShuey
    ShellyShuey Posts: 162
    Options
    I didn't know there were actually people in the world who hate PB! It's freaking yummers....:wink:

This! I have such a sweet tooth, that when I want candy I have a small apple and dip slices in low fat PB. Awesome.
  • arickim
    arickim Posts: 137
    Options
    I will eat PB about twice a year. Some in a bowl with syrup and I am good for a few months. Never been a big fan of it.
  • pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Please can people stop ruining perfectly good food like chocolate, syrup, apples and waffles by putting pb on them!!!!
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I didn't know there were actually people in the world who hate PB! It's freaking yummers....:wink:

:drinker:
  • jeni_Giedd
    Options
    Peanut butter - blech! I can only eat it on carrots and maybe celery, but do NOT like candy bars with it! YUCK-O! For protein I eat cheese sticks!
  • larat71
    larat71 Posts: 60
    Options
    Pico de Gallo with Black Beans! YUM and full of protein.

1 can Black beans, rinsed
    1 can sweet corn, rinsed
    The juice of 3 limes
    1/2 C chopped cilantro
    1 Tbsp cumin
    2 (10 oz) cans of tomatoes and green chilies (drained)
    1/2 C finely chopped red onion

Mix together and serve with tortilla chips! Enjoy:)
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Please can people stop ruining perfectly good food like chocolate, syrup, apples and waffles by putting pb on them!!!!

Amen! Peanut Butter is the most disgusting tasting thing on this planet to me! :sick:

As for lower-cal protein, I love egg whites and Muscle Milk has a 100 calorie formula out there