Strength/Weight Training - Don't go to gyms and limited spa

Options
2»

Replies

• LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    There are a LOT of body weight-oriented exercises you can do, that use your strength to manipulate your own weight, which is surprisingly hard for most people. Gymnasts, for instance, rarely lift weights, especially heavy, yet they have very toned, sculpted muscles, because they train constantly with their own body-weight. I would try and Google exercises for body-weight training, and utilize those.

Also, resistance bands. When I can't get to the gym, I use bands, and boy, do those pack a punch when you do them right. I get as good of a workout some days using the bands as I do when I head to the gym and do weights.
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of strength training/toning DVD's... I just ordered No More Trouble Zones... I would like to do p90x if I could afford it.

I've been using NMTZ for my strength training and it's an awesome dvd. As the name implies it targets all the trouble zones and although it is 55 minutes long (including warm up and cool down) it seems to move really fast. For the first time in my entire life I'm getting some arm muscles! :)
  • Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this thread!! I wanna do my routines at home too. This is basically all I do though, I guess I just need to add some heavier weights to my regimen.
  • realpure
    realpure Posts: 156
    Options
    Marking my spot so I can find this thread. Building my weights for home too. Thank you!