20 th July new group

Options

Replies

• Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    :smile: I will weigh in tomorrow, July 20th. This is perfect since I just got back from a vacation in Portland and my birthday is over! :glasses: I am new to this type of support. I think it will be a huge help. Thank you, ladies.
  • Eava57
    Options
    :smile: I will weigh in tomorrow, July 20th. This is perfect since I just got back from a vacation in Portland and my birthday is over! :glasses: I am new to this type of support. I think it will be a huge help. Thank you, ladies.
  • patty09
    patty09 Posts: 105
    Options
    Hi

Welcome
    It's good to have one more on board. We all need eachothers support
    Together we GO!! for it
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone i'v been losing weight for awhile now so here is my numbers.
    My starting weight-144
    Weight-136(as of today)
    1st Goal is- 130(almost there)
    Goal weight -125
    Hope you all have a good day,and let's support each other.
  • ldr624
    ldr624 Posts: 36
    Options
    Hello All,

I am ready to get started and went grocery shopping last night to make sure that I stay on track.

My weigh in this morning was 328 pounds.

My first goal is to gett under 300 and then I will know my next goal.

Good luck to all. By the way, I need to see what is wrong with my ticker.
  • sandif1
    sandif1 Posts: 28
    Options
    I also started today and I feel very motivated. My first goal is 196lbs. I weighed in this morning at 224lbs. I need to lose 28lbs. With the help of the lovely members of MFP I figure that to be a piece of cake no problem at all!!!!!!!!
  • Eava57
    Options
    I had signed up on Friday so I showed a loss of 1 lb. today! :happy:
    My numbers:
    SW-192
    GW-155

I have been losing and gaining the same 5 lbs. for months...I need to break this pattern and be more consistent . In May 2008, I was at 200 lbs. I feel good about that but need to step it up.

Have a great day everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • MarinesAggieWifey
    MarinesAggieWifey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I started working out a week ago, but just started this site over the weekend. Last week I worked out 30 -45 minutes a day Monday - Thursday, worked on portion control and lost 1.6 pounds. I started at 173.2 and am at 171.6 - I do my weigh ins on Sundays though. I have a friend here in my apartments who works out with me in the mornings, but she isn't trying to lose weight really so once I get my breathing back under control (my vocal cords spazm shut when my breathing rate increases instead of them opening like they should) and a little bit of stamina built up I'll start going 30 minutes in the morning and then 30 - 60 minutes at night as well.

I don't do the whole purging my house of junk food - not only because my hubby needs snacks that won't spoil to take to work (he doesn't always get to eat lunch), but because if I crave something (i.e. oreos) and put that craving off for too long I'll eat a at least 10-12 in one sitting instead of one or two if I eat them when I have the craving (I have been known to go to the store specifically to get oreos and come back with multiple kinds of cookies and ice cream both then binge on them). So we keep small amounts of junk food in the house, but the sweets are mostly kept in a box from copy paper out in the garage. Our garage is attached to our apartment & I don't go out there very often since my hubby parks his car there & mine is outside. (My choice, I have to walk farther to get to my car this way - every little bit helps right?).

Anyway, my overall goal is to be down to 140 by the new year. Depending on my progress I may make that 130, I just don't want to set a goal that's unrealistic and I don't know how I lose weight yet since I've never really tried to lose weight before. My weekly goal is to lose 2 pounds a week, and my daily goal right now is to drink 4 glasses of water. That will go up as I get into the routine of drinking water every day. I don't hardly drink anything right now, and try to avoid soda pop copletely. I usually do pretty good staying away from pop for the most part by telling myself the cans are for hubby to take to work. It works pretty good.

I think that's it for me. Good luck to all of you!!
  • txjenn1
    txjenn1 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Is it too late to join? I am just starting my diet today and was looking for support when I saw this thread. As of today I weigh the most I've ever weighed - 210 pounds. My first goal is to lose 11 pounds and get below 200. My ultimate goal is to reach 130 pounds (I'm 5'3).

I'd love to be a part of the motivation we all need on this journey! :flowerforyou:
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hi- I'd like to join your group. I'm starting today.

My weigh in this morning was at 204.6. My ultimate goal is to be in the "ideal weight" range for my height and that range is 118-132 pounds (I'm 5'2").

First mini-goal is to get below 200.
  • jigglybits
    jigglybits Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi all i started last week...but would love to join the group:flowerforyou:
  • angl
    angl Posts: 188
    Options
    Hello all,
    I just joined this site and even though I only have 12 lbs to lose it is actually over 100lbs. What Im meaning is that I consistently gain and lose the same 20 and why would this time be any different.
    So, Im joining in on my weight loss journey. Maybe this time when I reach my goal I can use all the support I can get to keep it off....you know that is the toughest part for me. When the dieting is done it cannot be a free eating binge. There is still a lot of self control needed to keep it off.
    Ok now for what to shop for:
    lots of fruits...oranges and cantaloupe has more potassium
    veggies..all colors to ensure health
    chicken and turkey has least amount of fat
    whole wheat bread
    skim milk
    Hummus is good
    probably should stay away from cheese or go with the low fat cheese sticks if it is impossible to go without.
    limit diet pop to 2 a day
    no regular pop
    water water water water water water water water water water ...get my message
    and ya all probably already know this list
    Have a great day and I would love to join this thread.
    angl:bigsmile:
  • angl
    angl Posts: 188
    Options
    Hello,
    So how did everyone do today?
    I did great on my food choices and have 30 calories left for the day. But the protein says Im -46. Does anyone know why we are limited on our protein??. South Beach diet (which I have lost 25 lbs on) has unlimited protein.
    I love the food database....it even had my Bob Evens cranberry pecan salad which by the way I told them to leave off the blue cheese and dressing on the side.
    I would say I had a sucessful first day. What about everyone else?
    angl:bigsmile:
  • Eava57
    Options
    :embarassed: I do the same thing. I don't purge my cupboards because the kids/hubby always want a little something sweet. I have gotten better at not over-indulging. I think we need to focus on the fact that we can have a sweet treat once in awhile. Just be sure to record it...that will make you think twice the next time you want to "splurge". Weight Watcher's allows for extras. This is to prevent the "all or nothing" attitude. You sound like you are doing great. Keep it up!:wink:
  • patty09
    Options
    Hi everyone

First I didn't see anyone starting with me and i thought Oh No
    Then I realised I live an Asia and so many hours ahead of all those who stay at the otherside of the world haha
    This morning i was so happy.
    8 of us will support each other
    GREAT
    If I have a little more time I would like to make a weigh in sheet. Where we started, whats our goal etc. I think I have seen it before but dont know where and how.
    Does anyone knows or can help me.

Im glad to see all of you.
    It doesn't matter the amount we have to lose.
    It;s all about reaching our goals.

My goal for this week is to do at least 30 min of exersises every day

My first day went well
    I stuck to the amount of cal I was allowed to eat incl the 350 that I did on my cross trainer.
    My phone peeped every hour so that I would not forget to drink water and it worked !!
    Fruits hmm they are mjummy

What goals do you set for yourself this week???
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 2lbs,then i'v lost 10 lbs since i started.
    I did 45 mins today on the treadmill,tomorrow it'll be treadmill and a dvd.
  • Eava57
    Options
    Patty09, it is great that you are a day ahead of us. You have inspired me to get excited about this new endeavor. My goal for the week is to log everything that I eat! I will also exercise 3 days this week. Have a good week everyone!:happy:
  • rsabey
    rsabey Posts: 14
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!

My starting weight is 175 and my goal weight is 150lbs. I don't want to be supermodel thin, just healthy.

This week - I will start doing tummy crunches and push ups before bed.
  • patty09
    Options
    20th July New group

Name SW 20-Jul 27-Jul 3-Aug mini goal Goal to lose

Patty 169.3 145 24.3
    Hunibun 144 136 125 19
    Idr624 328 300 28
    sandif1 224 196 28
    Eava57 192 191 155 37
    MarineAggie 173.2 171.6 140 33.2 txjenn1 210 130 80
    spiralgirl71 204.6 130 74.6
    jigglybits 163 160 147 13
    rsabey 175 150 25

Hi how about this one!

Please let me know if you don't want me to put your name there or if the numbers are incorrect
    Still so exited. I am suppose to work in the office but can't concentrate
    I think a mini goal is good to enter, what do you girls think?
    have a great day!!!:happy:
  • patty09
    Options
    Oh no it didn't work
    I did it on a spread sheet
    Will try later again
    Sorry