shakeology......opinions/suggestions??

Options
13»

Replies

• Reneegetfit128
    Options
    Shakeology is a phenomenal product. I don't like Greenberry, I love the Chocolate.... my favorite is also by adding banana and peanut butter, and as for Strawberry I just got it today and haven't tried it yet. As far as expense it comes down to $4 a serving and people pay that much at Starbucks for a coffee. The ingredients are very high quality, and it is much more than just a "protein shake". It is a health shake and gives you many benefits. Some even save money on groceries.... you are replacing a meal each day after all. It is important to also eat healthy food.

Just do your research.

To be honest, I am a Beachbody Coach. I can send you a free sample if you like. Here is a generic link for all kinds of information on what's in it, why it works, and what doctors have to say about it. If you want a free sample or to buy it through me message me and I will give you my direct page. It comes with a money back guarantee.

I am passionate about helping people. This is a general link so I don't get anything if you order or not, the company will. www.shakeology.com

Knowledge is power. Just do your research.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is a phenomenal product. I don't like Greenberry, I love the Chocolate.... my favorite is also by adding banana and peanut butter, and as for Strawberry I just got it today and haven't tried it yet. As far as expense it comes down to $4 a serving and people pay that much at Starbucks for a coffee. The ingredients are very high quality, and it is much more than just a "protein shake". It is a health shake and gives you many benefits. Some even save money on groceries.... you are replacing a meal each day after all. It is important to also eat healthy food.

Just do your research.

It seems you aren't very good at research if you came to the conclusion "Shakeology is a phenomenal product."
  • dusty8907
    dusty8907 Posts: 350 Member
    Options

Just do your research.

It seems you aren't very good at research if you came to the conclusion "Shakeology is a phenomenal product."

I have looked at these as well and have found the ingredient quality to be lacking compared to much cheaper proteins, but if you're already convinced blow the money on it and feel good about yourself.
  • Reneegetfit128
    Options
    I'm all for what works and has high quality, period. So if you have "better" options, I'd be happy to hear them. There is no one best of anything. As long as it's high quality, that is what matters. Just spend the extra money on what deserves it.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I'm all for what works and has high quality, period. So if you have "better" options, I'd be happy to hear them. There is no one best of anything. As long as it's high quality, that is what matters. Just spend the extra money on what deserves it.

I'm curious of how you arrived at ShakeO is high quality and what your exact def of that is
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    I have tried Shakeology. It is a great product, but I have found something else that is just as good for you and a little less expensive offered by Shaklee. I like Shaklee cinch too because it offers more flavors. The shakeology is about $120 for 30 servings, and the Cinch is $80 for 30 servings. I know that both have done studies, and have scientific research behind them. It makes an easy meal if you want something that is "faster" food and is still healthy.

And lets compare, say I go get a smoothie everyday from Surf City, that's our smoothie place. It would cost me $4 a day, or 120 a month. If you went with the Cinch you would actually be saving money. She Shakeology would probably cost the same as a smoothie out.

In the end it is up to you!
    Here's what many people don't know about research. There is scientific research done by independent labs and universities on a supplement, mineral, etc. They post their findings and then a seller or merchant will take that information and add it to their product saying "university tested" because they added that particular ingredient in their "proprietary blend".
    MuslceTech does this. If you ever read their ads it will usually say "the KEY ingredient was University tested and .........". What they neglect to say is that it's not their PRODUCT that was University tested.
    So please make sure that if any product states scientific or clinical testing, that it's for the product itself and not just an ingredient.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Does Beach Body manufacture Shakeology or does a 3rd party manufacturer do it? If you know the answer how are you assured that the raw material that the product is derived from is high quality? Where does the raw material come from?

These were all asked and answered on a thread started by ACG a while back and you as a coach would probably be surprised at some of the answers.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ullrichMEX
    ullrichMEX Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I`ve never tried Shakeology, but I´d love to.

I am from Mexico and I am not sure whether they ship it down here.

I use other protein powder brands. Also there are other alternative products here in Mexico (around 1.30 USD per serving, 300 cal, 42g protein, vitamin, minerals, etc). Not the same, but quite similar (except by the enzymes and probiotics, but adding a Yakult to the shake ir makes ir almost the same), tastes good and saves you lots of $$$.

If somebody is interested I can deliver some lol :D

Ingredients (in spanish but I am sure you will understand most of it):

Proteína de suero de leche, Leche
    descremada, maltodextrinas,
    albúmina de huevo, cocoa, salvado
    de trigo, glutamina, Vitamina A,
    E, B6, B5, B2, B3, B12, K, C, D,
    ácido fólico, Zinc, Fósforo, Selenio,
    Calcio, Yodo, Cobre, Potasio, Hierro,
    Magnesio, Manganeso, Biotina.
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    If this works for some and they get to their goal or even just helps them towards that goal then good for them. I don't care where it came from ex: MLM, GNC, Walmart etc as long as it is healthy for you and it works for you. If it is helping that person then telling them then telling them its wasting their money and its bs etc does not support them, offer other ideas. Like everything else there are a ton of products out there that can help and not help. Everyone is different. I take supplements from a MLM company. They manufacture their own for quality. Is it wrong because it is a MLM and that answer is no, that is how they decided to market their products to make money. They have to pay employees, Manufacturing space etc. We all want to make money. Does the supplements work for me? Yes, one of the supplements he takes for ADHD and is now off his meds because of it.

Point is MLM, Walmart etc does not matter if it is helping others. Wishing everyone the best on their journey.
  • Kaylarhodes
    Kaylarhodes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love love love it! I have lost 15 pounds, my husband has lost 30 and it is really good. If you want to message me I can get nutritional info, or a sample. It works for me, but I know it is not for everyone.....I am just saying I am happy enough with it that I am proud to share my journey and I am proud of my husband's success as well.
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    If this works for some and they get to their goal or even just helps them towards that goal then good for them. I don't care where it came from ex: MLM, GNC, Walmart etc as long as it is healthy for you and it works for you. If it is helping that person then telling them its wasting their money and its bs etc does not support them, offer other ideas. Like everything else there are a ton of products out there that can help and not help. Everyone is different. I take supplements from a MLM company. They manufacture their own for quality. Is it wrong because it is a MLM and that answer is no, that is how they decided to market their products to make money. They have to pay employees, Manufacturing space etc. We all want to make money. Does the supplements work for me? Yes, one of the supplements my 9year old son takes for ADHD and he is now off his meds because of it.

Point is MLM, Walmart etc does not matter if it is helping others. Wishing everyone the best on their journey.

*Edited for errors* Sorry. :-)
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I have not checked the testing on Shakeology. I can tell you that Shaklee Cinch is made from non-GMO soy protein, and it has no artificial flavor, sweetener or preservatives. I can also tell you that it started with a weigh loss challenge from the people who manufacture it. They were the guinea pigs, and the ones who stuck with the program were successful.

If you want the links, just message me and I'll get them too you.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I am not new to loosing weight this is my second go around with the battle of the bulge:) The first time I stopped at smoothie king everyday for a smoothie and drank muscle milk for a snack while at work,now I am a stay at home mom and they have since closed the 2 smoothie kings in my area. I have a zumba instructor that started doing something similar to shakeology and she likes it so far. I am just wondering is it worth the money to spend?? and really what does the greenberry taste like??

Absolutely NOT worth the money to spend.

You need to learn how to eat right, learn about portions, modifications, etc. The money you spend on one month's worth of Shakeology - I can buy ALOT of fresh meats, vegetables and fruits...