I am officially commited and addicted to MFP--who's with me?

Options

Replies

• Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm really loving this site! This is my second time joining and my first time reading through the message Boards- it's really nice to meet so many people who are all trying to improve their health and lose weight.
    I actually deleted my facebook and tagged account as I want to focus only on losing weight..so..this is the only site I am currently addicted to!
    I still have a long way to go and I plan on using MFP everyday. Feel free to add me, as it's always great meeting new people :)
  • msphyl46
    msphyl46 Posts: 49
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP and congrats on the current weight loss. I am new to MFP I joined last month. I also only have a few MFP friends. Feel free to add me. And much success on your weight loss journey.
  • Raina27
    Raina27 Posts: 133
    Options
    I guess im still pretty new but YESS I am ADDICTED!! I'm hardly ever on Facebook anymore since joining MFP!! I LOVE it and I feel that this is just what I needed...to actually log my food and see exactly how much I'm eating has been really helpful!! New encouraging friends doesnt hurt either!! :D
  • joconnor09
    joconnor09 Posts: 124
    Options
    I have tried so many different diets, and even tried logging my food and exercise before, but nothing ever stuck. this is the longest i've ever been committed to a lifestyle change (not a diet)!! I joined about 3 weeks ago, and I love it here! Logging everything is so easy, especially with my phone app. I just ate out at a restaurant and logged my food right there! It's so easy to use, especially with the food database. Before, I would have to look everything up, do the math on my own and just hope for the best (not to mention either lug around a binder all day or just try to remember everything I ate and log it at night). Now, I just click a few buttons and it's done! And I love being able to see how many calories I have left for the day- now I am able to plan my meals better and know when I get to have a treat, or when I need to cut back!

And the motivational/community aspect is really helping out a lot. I'm happy for others when they lose weight, or have a great workout, and I know others are happy for me too. It's a great community and a really good way to stay motivated. I'm loving this site. I have logged on multiple times a day every day since I started. Just a little while longer- maybe one or two more weeks- and I will have formed the habit and it will be second nature to keep logging on everyday! I've lost about 7 pounds so far (my tracker says 5 but I put the wrong weight in at first so now it's messed up) and I'm so excited to keep losing, and keep using MFP for a good long time!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a good addiction to have, lol! It's really helped me make progress. I'm not always able to comment on everyone's activities, but you're welcome to add me if you're looking for friends.

Best wishes for your success,

J
  • eventualrainbow
    Options
    Hi there! Congratulations and keep up the great work! I just joined MFP today but I am really looking forward to the benefits of exercising and eating right. I'm so excited! Best of luck to you :smile:
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted as well, joined 25 days ago and am doing so well. Feel free to add me. I'm very active on the site
  • deason6
    deason6 Posts: 13
    Options
    I joined 2 weeks ago Monday and I am truly addicted!! I log in all day, everyday! This is such an inspiring community! I love my MFP!
  • mhark12
    mhark12 Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm addicted as well. Can't go a meal or workout without logging in right afterwards. I think the reason is that it is easy especially with the phone app. Plus there is no diet plan to it like other sites, you can eat what you want. It's all up to you. It's very self directed which I love
  • LRuland
    LRuland Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I check & update MFP way more than I look @ FB. who would have thought?
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hi.. Im Coralie, I am addicted to MFP... I have been "Junk Food" free for 70 days :D
  • phoenixheat
    Options
    I have been working at replacing an addiction to food to an addiction to MFP! It is a wonderful community, and has been very supportive of me. I joined last year, but didn't take it very seriously. I recommitted this last January, and being committed has made all the difference. I wish everyone luck on their journeys, and anyone is welcome to add me for support. I am happy to be a part of this! Best! :flowerforyou:

~Heather
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Im completely addicted .. I use this more than facebook..LOL..there is so much information and so many nice people here to support and motivate you.. feel free to add me.. the more the merrier :):flowerforyou:
  • deedah1216
    deedah1216 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been on this site for a little over a month. A friend of mine turned me on to it when I told him my doctor suggested calorie counting. I had been doing that other weight loss program that involves points, shall we say. I lost the majority of my weight through that program, but reacehd a road block. Since joining I have lost two pounds and plan to coninue my weight loss with MFP. I downloaded the app for my Blackberry and it makes it so easy to track my food where ever I'm at. Yes, it's true, I'm a MFP addict. I'm even addicted to weighing and measuring. I'm so glad to be on this sight and to read all of the inspirational stories of others who have lost weight. It keeps me motivated.
  • Jamie65toloose
    Jamie65toloose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. Its been about a month and a half for me with 17 pounds down! I could not be any happier. I hardly get on facebook anymore because its not important to me like this is. Would love to be friends with any of you looking for inspiration and friendship!
  • Kimik0123
    Kimik0123 Posts: 52
    Options
    Every time I eat I think about updating my MFP It's crazy.
  • jandk09
    jandk09 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    hi feel free to add me, always looking for new MFP friends :))
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I am with you. Maybe once MLB season starts, that will change. . .
  • hooligansmom
    hooligansmom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Great thread! I am an addict too! I love scanning bar codes on my phone to enter my good in a snap! The best thing about having friends here is getting fresh ideas everyday. Feel free to add me!
  • StephySands
    Options
    Great thread! I am an addict too! I love scanning bar codes on my phone to enter my good in a snap! The best thing about having friends here is getting fresh ideas everyday. Feel free to add me!

I LOVE the phone app. too, I'm a scanning bar code junkie, lol :bigsmile:

This site is completely addicting, but I could think of worse things. You can add me as a friend :flowerforyou:

As for shoes, I'm still looking for some good ones too