Logging alcohol.

Options

Replies

• SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Also... why concerned about logging calories if drinking alcohol... LMFAO... Calories are the least of your worries
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    64378_3592031809105_1522687414_3327743_359996671_n.jpg

LOVE THIS!!!
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    This post was a bad idea, now I'm thinking about trying scotch with ginger and wine. Have to see what that's about.
    Yup - I'm definitely with you on that. I *told* myself not to click this one... now I gotta know! LOL
  • chaniray
    chaniray Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i def log the alcohol. i may have a drink once a week. for beer i love yuengling and they make a GREAT light beer thankfully.
  • eblake111
    eblake111 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I will log my alchohol however I mix vodka with flavored seltzer water and skip the sugary sodas or juices :) Maybe try to mix up some new cocktails!!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I tried logging my booze for a while...Didn't work out so well. Basically if I wanted to stay under my calories for the day I had to eat like hardly anything...Lol. Normally I'll try to stick with 7 shots on my drinking nights now...although that normally doesn't end up happening. Oops. Lol
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher and I have to be careful what is readable by anyone. SO If I have a drink, I log something else with about the same amount of calories on that day to balance it out.

It's a shame you can't be a "real" person:/ My sister works in a school, as well, as has to watch what she posts on FB or anywhere else. You're all human & do human things. Having a few drinks doesn't make you a bad person - last time I checked, alcohol was legal and it looks like you're at least 21;)

Ya teachers can't get away with anything! Neither can counselors or therapists.
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I was drinking wine everyday when I didn't care. Now that I care again I have not had many drinks at all. To me, its just not worth the calories and other negative side effects. I will have a drink on special occaisions maybe.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I had to quit drinking because of the cals in them:) lol
  • mmarlow61
    mmarlow61 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    very true! But after a teacher near here was fired for a picture of herself holding a glass of beer ON VACATION I try to be EXTRA careful.
  • ❤_veggies_rock_❤
    Options
    Yep I was shocked too since I am a Samuel Adams fan :)
    If I know I am going to have some beers on a given day which usually also means veggie pizza I will load up on all low cal veggies & dark leafy greens and beans for breakfast, snacks, lunch & then come pizza & beer dinner is not to over baring in the caloric totals for the day., and get some exercising in of course
  • scinamon1
    scinamon1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    If you drink do much you can't remember, does that count as calories? :tongue: I have only ever actually done this once but, as a student, know lots of people who do so frequently! It's quite funny cos they are usually the really sporty people who watch saturated fat like an eagle but never drink water, only diet coke! As a lightweight, my calories never add up to much anyway :smile:
  • SlidingDown
    SlidingDown Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I log my drinks, because a lot of the point of MFP for me is educating myself on where my choices are leading me, and how to achieve my goals while still having a life. When I saw how many calories were in most drinks, it was a shock!

Since starting, I've had a couple of days where I've actually been in deficit regardless of the alcohol calories from 2 drinks, but I recognise that they were not very healthy days overall.

I was at a party on Friday night, which went from 8pm till 3am, and in that time I had one large glass of wine, and one cider. The rest of the night I drank either water, or sometimes sparkling mineral water, which I enjoy as it feels festive without the calories. (Also no busybody will try to push alcohol on me while I'm drinking something with bubbles, I have noticed)

I have drank heavily at parties before, and I just don't now.. Mostly because I will have to look at the hard evidence of my calorie blow out and see how I've just ruined a day's work with something of no nutritional value.

Slowly my mind is moving into a healthier frame, because of logging and educating myself about my choices, and I think that's a very good thing for my whole life, not just in the weight loss goal. :)
  • trynomite
    Options
    I'm a big wine drinker, I like to have a glass of wine when I get home and when I tried to log that in I got no results. I know alcohol has a lot of calaries, but I try to allow for it. Did you just put rum and coke in and the it came up?
  • vrcook22
    vrcook22 Posts: 4
    Options
    here is what i do. i like having a drink or two mid day. i work at home. i take a grapefruit. half cup grapes. cup or two of watermelon, a few blueberries, usually vodka but sometimes rum. blend with a little ice and a lil sweetner. depends on the fruit i have. gives me about 3 solo cups of mostly fruit and fiber for snacks. total all fruit and alcohol.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I'm a big wine drinker, I like to have a glass of wine when I get home and when I tried to log that in I got no results. I know alcohol has a lot of calaries, but I try to allow for it. Did you just put rum and coke in and the it came up?

No I was opening a new bottle of rum and tried to read the calories, couldn't find it so I scanned it on my cell phone. I try not to go by others documentation on here. I even use my own heart rate monitor to get more accurate results. I'll just do about 20 minutes of plyometrics tonight so I can drink in peace.
  • mblair1968
    mblair1968 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I log it. I have been surprised how some beers (Boddington's for one) has less calories than some domestic beers, and more taste. It has made me more careful on what I eat the rest of the day. I see a snack and think, "I can have this snack now, or a beer later. Sometimes the beer wins, sometimes the snack wins. Usually the beer wins. haha
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Don't care. Have several beers weekly and log them all. just eat less that day.
  • mommakatwoman
    Options
    Well yeah, I always thought red wine was healthy for me. But my trainer informed me today how many extra calories i was taking in on weekends when I might one, two or three glasses of wine. i am on the fast track for the next few weeks sooo ... I think I'm going to cut back on the drinking for a while.
    Sometimes Ultra Beer is a good alternative...when you just want a little something.
  • vrcook22
    vrcook22 Posts: 4
    Options
    Snacks

Generic Seedles - Fresh Watermelon, 2 Cups Diced

Fruit - Ruby Red Grapefruit, 1 whole (4in diameter)

Generic - Blueberries, 1/4 cup

Generic - Grapes Seedless (Red or Green), 1/2 cup

Bacardi Rum - Bacardi Rum, 2 oz