300 calories left, eat or not?

Options
Hi! I have 1200 calories diet and almost every day i have left around 300 calories..
I don't know what to do?
Should i sort calories in meals different because most of them i eat in the afternoon, should i eat it or not?
What am i allowed to eat in the evening?

Thanks a lot! :))

Replies

• cbenzerga
    cbenzerga Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    If you have calories left you should eat them. Make them healthy and it's when you eat, it's what you eat.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    If your hungry then eat them! Keep it healthy though, if your not hungry, then dont eat just for the sake of eating! :)
  • sherry9300
    sherry9300 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Well, you can eat what you want, when you want, but you probably want to eat throughout the day and not excessively at one meal. You do need to eat at least your 1200 calories, though. From what I read on here, and myself included, the weight comes off more easily if you are eating your required number of calories. You may even want to check your BMR and go with that. Unfortunately, my BMR is right around 1200 calories anyway due to my size, age, and gender. However, your BMR may be several hundred calories more, so it's worth checking out.
  • evelyn7869
    evelyn7869 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Eat only if your hungry not because you still have 300 or so calories left. Also, my motto is you can eat ANYTHING but in moderation. I never deprive myself and always go for the healthier choice first.

Good luck
  • PlasticPsycho
    Options
    That happens to me all the time :/
    Sometimes I just reward myself by eating something that I wouldn't normally have, like a piece of chocolate or something.
    But then again, if it doesn't happen too often, I don't think you have to eat all your calories every day.
  • BreeShine
    BreeShine Posts: 26
    Options
    Thanks!:happy:
    My BMR is 1450 calories.
    Sometimes i'm hungry in the evening but don't know what is ok to eat because i heard that i shouldn't eat carbonhydrates..

Does anybody know what can i eat in the evening?

THANKS AGAIN! :smile:
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    if your bmr is 1450, by only eating 900 in a day, you're not even giving yourself enough for fuel surely?

Good ways to get the cals up healthily without forcing large amounts of food down, nuts, and seeds!
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Well, you can eat what you want, when you want, but you probably want to eat throughout the day and not excessively at one meal. You do need to eat at least your 1200 calories, though. From what I read on here, and myself included, the weight comes off more easily if you are eating your required number of calories. You may even want to check your BMR and go with that. Unfortunately, my BMR is right around 1200 calories anyway due to my size, age, and gender. However, your BMR may be several hundred calories more, so it's worth checking out.

I too have read alot of posts about how you should get all your calories in or your body will go into starvation mode and start storing fat. The more I read on that, the more it makes sense. Also agree with checking your BMR. Good luck in whatever you decide to do!
  • kristymccarrick
    Options
    well carbs are still important u need to eat soem carbs there is good carbs to rember im aloud 265 carbs a day not sure if thats alot or not
  • kellymarie111
    kellymarie111 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    What happens when you excercise and it adds on more calories...are you suppose to "eat them " as well if That makes sense?
  • cbrewer904
    Options
    BUMP
  • monyea
    monyea Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Your story is exactly my story. I watch what I eat all week. but then on Saturday I over eat, almost 3,000 calories this weekend. I usually go out on Saturday and where food is concerned, I can't seem to resist, if it is placed in front of me. Any suggestions? seems like I
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Thanks!:happy:
    My BMR is 1450 calories.
    Sometimes i'm hungry in the evening but don't know what is ok to eat because i heard that i shouldn't eat carbonhydrates..

Does anybody know what can i eat in the evening?

THANKS AGAIN! :smile:

:grumble: It doesn't matter whether you eat carbs at night or day, etc etc. This is just one of those dieting myths, it is actually good to eat carbs at night say if you work out early in the morning.
  • popsical101
    Options
    I have the same problem if I eat healthy im left with loads I usually allow myself a small choc bar just to make them up x x w
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Eat som protein like tuna, chicken breast salmon, etc Are you working out too? You need to eat some of your workout calories too so you are fueling your body!
  • BrattyNatty
    BrattyNatty Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I made a low-fat, thick bean soup. I used 1.5 cups bagged great northern beans, 2 stalks celery, spices and chicken base (not boullion or canned broth). 280 cal. 48 carbs, 2 fat 18 protein and 10 fiber. I am keeping it in fridge so I can scoop a cup when I'm hungry or need a fill in for calories or fiber.
  • kellymarie111
    kellymarie111 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My calorie intake a day is 1260 but my bmr (which I new nothing about untill reading this post) is 1677...can anyone please explain to me what I should be doing? And when I excercise what happens with those calories that I've burnt? I hope someone can please help me as I'm a little lost. It's the start of my 7th week tomorrow and I've lost 9.3kgs and I'm not sure if that's enough or should've I lost more? Thanks guys :-)
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Do you have the energy to exercise? Are you going below 20% of your calories? Are you in a plateau? Good luck on this journey,there is really no set of rules and so many debates.
  • Tracker124
    Tracker124 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I don't know, you may already do this, but it's worth modifying you food to bump up to eating a minimum 1200 calories per day.
    For myself , I base the 1200 on gross calories, not net calories.
    Eat a bigger breakfast
    Change your "no-fat" foods ie miLk, yogurt, chees etc to lo-fat.
    eat more healthy fats like avocados, nuts....that's a very easy way to bump up your calories while making sure your "diet" is nutrtionally sound.
    bump up your protein intake with a scoop or two of protein powder
    Hope this helps!
    Cheers!