looking for a good protein shake

any suggestions? I wanted to try ensure high protein, but I don't know how it tastes.. I usually drink special k protein shakes but with 190 calories and only 10 g of protein, it seems like a waste.now. help!! I really need a good shake that doesn't put my belly in a funk due to lots of minerals!

Replies

• Tweety1983
    Tweety1983 Posts: 100 Member
    I usually drink the great value weight loss shakes, but its about the same as the special k ones.
  • I wouldn't necessarily mind it as a snack, but sometimes, I prefer one as a meal.. like I'm having a special k shake with a banana and peanut butter for my morning snack today..
  • Farhanum
    Farhanum Posts: 13
    I'd go for the following:

Phd Diet whey
    Phd normal whey (I recommend the Phd ones)
    Musclepharm Combat
    GNC Whey
    BSN Syntha-6
    Shakeology

They may look a little "hardcore" but have a scoop of these blended with water (Or milk- I wouldn't suggest eating anything with it if you blend with milk) and your good to go!
  • Sarahbear83
    Sarahbear83 Posts: 110 Member
    Are you looking for something that fills you up or are you trying to get more nutrients for less calories? Both?

I use Shakeology, which is more meal replacement but does have high protein and nutrients and it's very filling. I have used the Myoplex (I think) and those have a lot of protein and taste good, but they don't keep me full as long. I had the same issues with Special K.

If you're looking for just protein, the highest content I've heard of is in the ones gastric bypass patients use post-surgery. I don't know what they're called though.
  • Farhanum
    Farhanum Posts: 13
    Are you looking for something that fills you up or are you trying to get more nutrients for less calories? Both?

I use Shakeology, which is more meal replacement but does have high protein and nutrients and it's very filling. I have used the Myoplex (I think) and those have a lot of protein and taste good, but they don't keep me full as long. I had the same issues with Special K.

If you're looking for just protein, the highest content I've heard of is in the ones gastric bypass patients use post-surgery. I don't know what they're called though.

Consider Phd Diet whey, that managed to keep me full for atleast 6 hours... :)
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    I do EAS ADVANTEDGE premade shakes from sams club. They have em in reg stores but only four at a time. Sams u can get 24 packs. The chocolate is the one i get. And yum! Easy convieniant! 110 cals 17 protien 0 carbs!
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    GNC has a shake called Total Lean, it tastes good and has tons of protien, and is only 170 calories. I often use it as a meal replacement.

http://www.gnc.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=3998910&sr=1&origkw=total lean
  • Kila1907
    Kila1907 Posts: 1 Member
    I use Slim Fast (190 cal 20 protein) & Isopure (40 protein) after workouts.
  • IngeliseA
    IngeliseA Posts: 6 Member
    Nothing is better than the Isagenix protein shakes, all natural and organic ingredients and nutrients, no fillers or preservatives or chemicals. The whole line of Isagenix products is fantastic!!!