chocolate cravings agghh help

Options

Replies

• puntown
    puntown Posts: 1
    Options
    I have the same problem. Oreo Thinsations 100 Calories per little bag. I have two or three wafers out of the bag and I am right as rain again
  • 911chell
    911chell Posts: 26
    Options
    Thank you so much i appreciate the tip, I will try that and see what happens
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    There are some really good 100 cal pack almonds at Wal-Mart that are cocoa flavored. YUM!
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I have tried in the past ~ "2 hersheys kisses" melted with a tsp of peanut butter spread on a graham cracker and VOILA! Reminds me of reeses peanut butter cups... Not really, but does the trick!...LOL
  • desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I don't ignore cravings...seems to make it worse. For chocolate my favorite treat is a serving of Cocoa Puffs cereal (no milk!)
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    If I get a chocolate craving, I have a small, individually wrapped piece of dark chocolate. It's rich, and a small piece satisfies my craving. I also eat fruit instead when I get sweets cravings, so I can train my body to start craving the right kinds of sugars.
  • ashtonvv
    ashtonvv Posts: 144
    Options
    These are the things I eat to satisfy my chocolate cravings: a piece of dark chocolate, skinny cow chocolate candies (110-120cals), chocolate vitatops (100cals), Jello sugar free chocolate pudding (60 cals), emerald's cocoa roasted almonds (100 calorie packs), or 90 calorie chocolate flavored fiber one bars.

If you do end up giving in and eating a huge candy bar, just get an extra workout in :)

Hope this helps!

^^ THIS!!! those jello packs are amazing, the mousse ones. 60 cals, no sugar. skinny cow also makes low fat fudge ice cream pops, i believe they are 45 cals each! I get chocolate cravings sooo bad and they hit the spot!
  • maf66
    maf66 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    i have read that chocolate cravings are an indication that you need magnesium, and you should eat some raw almonds. A really good combination would be a small square or two of dark chocolate, which has antioxidants, and a handful of raw almonds - could satisfy the sweet tooth and the craving in a somewhat healthy fashion!

I started taking Magnesium about a month ago, and quite frankly, I don't crave anything any more. I'm not saying it's the magnesium only, I've switched to a cleaner diet all around and removed all added sugars, but I'm sure it has helped!

Before starting Magnesium (as I just realized I've not even thought of this for a while) I would take 1/2 to 1 cup Fage total 0 yogurt and mix in 2 to 3 TBS cocoa powder and a few drops of stevia. It's rich and creamy, full of protein, has some fiber and tastes great! Sometimes I have added blueberries or banana, and sometimes I would stick it in the freezer. YUMMY!
  • dakight1
    dakight1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I agree skinny cow products rock!!!! Also try gum when the cravings hit. I have a shelf with several different flavors of gum. I really like the mint chocolate flavor. I thought It would be nasty but I really like it. I have to hide it from my kids.
  • Hyoderrn
    Hyoderrn Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    chocolate cheerios!! yay! oh yes and peanut butter cheerios!! =)
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I love the weight watchers giant fudge bars, they satisfy my chocolate and icecream craving, it's about 110 calories per bar. I used to be a chocoholic but now I don't really crave that or any sweets that much anymore.
  • Nucky719
    Nucky719 Posts: 143
    Options
    I have a handful of M&M's when I get that craving...which is daily lol.
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You don't have to give up chocolate.....You can still have it but just use portion control :wink:

When I have the chocolate cravings I sometimes have a Reese's - Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures, 1 pieces - 44 calories or a Dove dark chocolate promises, 1 pieces - 42 calories.

I never used to like dark chocolate and was always a milk chocolate fan but when I heard that dark chocolate was better for you, I decided to try it and believe it or not, I like it better than milk chocolate now :noway:
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I put unsweetened cocoa powder and Splenda into my oatmeal. Gets me my chocolate fix for the day in a healthy way.
  • november03
    november03 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Fiber one chocolate brownies are my go to!!!! Love them. 90cal, full of flavor and lots of fiber. =)
  • chergarr73
    chergarr73 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Have a chocolate shake:

1 Cup Almond Milk
    1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
    1 Tbsp Natural Peanut or Almond Butter
    1 Banana
    1 Cup Ice

Blend it all up in a blender...it's delish!
  • merapp9
    merapp9 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    TRY THE ALMONDS THAT ARE DUSTED WITH DARK CHOCOLATE! I can't remember who makes them....they're good...or I also have chocolate milk made with light syrup and skim milk. :)
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I am a chocoholic (yet to find a good group and 12 step program) I just discovered nutella which has helped me IMMENSELY. Also good vitamins, and hersheys lite syrup which has 45 calories in 2 tbs and is pretty good. Nescafe makes a 20 calorie coca which is also yummy!
  • november03
    november03 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have tried in the past ~ "2 hersheys kisses" melted with a tsp of peanut butter spread on a graham cracker and VOILA! Reminds me of reeses peanut butter cups... Not really, but does the trick!...LOL

Wow does this sound delish!!!!
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Try a glass of chocolate milk! I use skim milk + no sugar added nesquick :) it's delicious, plus it really helps ou refuel after a workout :) best of luck!