What was your demon

Options
Ice cream is the main reason i'm in this mess. Ben & jerry's
just love the stuff, caramel chew, was my favorite, loved it.
I have not had any for about 3 months now and i think i'm over it.
at first the cravings were unreal, like a drug but now i hope i can live without it.
It was not the only reason but i'd say it was the biggest.

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    eating out every meal for close to 10 years. :D
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and chocolate cake.... :( but mmmmm, ice-cream. Never liked chocolate ice-cream though funnily enough xD no, must not think of it like that *refocuses* mmmm, celery. Doesn't really have the same ring does it.
  • Rachelito
    Rachelito Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Pepsi

I was drinking 3-4 every day and nothing else. No water, juice, tea.....only Pepsi =/
  • TinnedTuna
    TinnedTuna Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and chocolate cake.... :( but mmmmm, ice-cream. Never liked chocolate ice-cream though funnily enough xD no, must not think of it like that *refocuses* mmmm, celery. Doesn't really have the same ring does it.

Oh yeah, i here you
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Pizza ugh :(
    I'd eat pizza all da everyday, nomnom. Oh and choc chip cookies and oreos.
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I had MANY demons...regular soda (Pepsi, Coke, Mt. Dew, etc), salty snacks (Doritos, etc), sweets (white chocolate especially) and fried chicken or chicken fried steak. I allow myself a salty or sweet snack or a diet soda every now and again. I switched to baked chicken (which tastes better in my opinion) and learned that if I want chicken fried steak, I just can't eat it all in one setting. There are days I struggle with temptation, but I tell myself I've come too far in the game to quit now.
  • badmediakarma
    Options
    Stress.

I never realized I was an emotional eater until I got serious about weight loss and had a really bad day at work coupled with some family drama. All I wanted to do was eat something terrible for dinner. But then I had this other side of me that said "No you can't, you are supposed to be eating healthy right now."

It was a weird power struggle in my mind as I realized I had to find another way to process my emotions and I reflected back on my past where anytime I was stressed I would just "forget about it" and go out to eat, usually something extremely bad for you.
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    No food (or maybe all food) has ever been my demon - my main demon was laziness. I'd tell myself to get out and exercise, but then act as if thinking about it meant it was done.
  • Songbirdy
    Songbirdy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    After supper snacks. I was a social snacker that would eat whatever my husband bought for me when he went out... We've since learned, his job is SUPER active and he needs to eat it.

I don't.
  • MissMom3
    MissMom3 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Pizza!!!! OMG i could seriously eat pizza every day...now I have it in moderation or i make mini pizza on whole wheat English muffins. And i was a snacker...every time i would pass thru the kitchen i would snack a lil. That's still a hard one for me but at least now it's healthy snacks like wheat thins and peanuts instead of cookies and combos.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Most of it was convincing myself that
    1. Life was too busy to cook every night, that the drive thru was simply more convenient.
    2. Even if I did cook at home boxed food (side dishes) was far easier than fresh. Luckily I have actually always liked fruits and veggies, so despite making boxed rice or boxed potatoes I did eat a lot of salads ... problem however I put too much dressing and other crap on top of it. Defeats the purpose right? I have since corrected that.

Also I used age as an excuse, that I was young enough to eat all the bad stuff and get away with it.

My demon was simply food that just tasted good. Chips, cookies, cakes, soda ... not paying attention at all to portion size or the nutritional info.

Not to mention a long period of laziness too. I went from a very physically demanding job to leaving that job. I gained all that weight, was depressed, unmotivated, LAZY ... No wonder it took me so long to 'get it' and do something about it. Lots of denial going on, that's for sure! Luckily I am back to a very physically demanding job and that helps tremendously.
  • tiffygrl12
    Options
    Eating high calorie snacks. I've never had a problem with portion sizes I just always wanted to eat what tasted the best. And it was always the highest calorie food. When I started logging I was surprised how many calories something small like a piece of candy had.
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    French fries. 'Nuff said! :happy:
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    Donuts in the morning and ice cream in the evening. Potato chips in the afternoon,also
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, nearly every night before I went to bed! Regular popcorn, cinnamon popcorn, cinnamon roll popcorn, caramel popcorn, cheese popcorn. ANY kind of popcorn! :devil: Now I'll have an occasional treat of 100 calorie pop bags if I have extra cals leftover for the day and my sodium is low enough. I enjoy every morsel, but I don't 'have' to have it.
    A craving for something unhealthy is something we CAN overpower and become stronger because of it! :wink:
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Pazuzu. And then...Azazel.
  • Crimson21
    Crimson21 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My greatest weakness has always been and always will be chocolate chip cookies. There have been many times where I would eat an entire bag of chocolate chip cookies in one sitting.
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I had so many demons:

1. Late night bowls of cereal, twice.
    2. Loving McDonalds
    3. NO portion control
    4. Carb-centric diet
    5. Preparing meals and eating while doing the making of the meal.
    6. Grazing for the 16 hrs I was awake.
    7. NO exercise, ever.
    8. The biggest factor....a catastrophic battle for 10 years with Endometriosis and hormone therapy. And unimaginable pain everyday for 10 years. I'm lucky to be alive and pain free.
  • PlasticPsycho
    Options
    Mainly chocolate :)
    Oh gawd and oreos, cake, crisps... and of course McDonald's...

But luckily I've cut down all of these :)
    I try to avoid McDonald's completely, and personally don't buy anything sweet.
    Still I'm a chocaholic, but a good thing is to reward yourself with just one piece bittersweet chocolate a day :)
    It's not as unhealthy as normal chocolate but does the job :)
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    eating all day, if i was home i wouldnt stop eating, it was a bad habit. i have braces to thank for breaking that!