New to the site!

Options
Hello all,

Im new to the site found out about it from a cousin and looking forward to getting busy! I have always been overweight and now looking to shed some pounds. I recently went on vacation and after seeing what I looked like laying on the beach in a swim suit I decided enough is enough and besides the fact I barely could hike a .50 mile hill up the Smoky Mountains I definately need to get in shape being the only fat one in my family. :frown: I am a stay at home Mama who has lots of time to exercise and eat healthy but chooses not too! I am ready for a change and hope this site and my motivation can get me moving towards a skinnier me :bigsmile:

Replies

• anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    Good for you, Gal! Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • dawnndamen
    dawnndamen Posts: 37
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to the site. I just joined today also, and I've already met a lot of wonderful people.
  • michele73
    michele73 Posts: 102
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Good for you on making this decision for yourself. Not only will it be good for you but it will be great for your child to see you being active. I know with two boys myself they always have me running around. Before I lost 15 pounds I would never even play with them outside. I always felt tired. I have a long way to go but just this little bit has helped me to be a better mom for my children. It is giving me the confidence I know that I would like them to see in me as well. My moods were having a great affect on them. I'm here for you if you need a pal.

Best of luck!

Michele:flowerforyou:
  • sonyer
    sonyer Posts: 2
    Options
    Good for you...
    Im new to the site as well...its soo wonderful because this site really makes you think about what your putting into your body...I love it....I hope it helps you..:happy:
  • mamajess1
    mamajess1 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi Michele,

Thanks for all the encouraging words! I could only imagine how 15lbs feels off! I always think if I lose 15 lbs thats two newborn babies in reality and thats huge! Good work! I am also so very tired I was telling my g/f yesterday I was so glad my son could climb up the slide alone now so I can sit on the bench and watch them play. Lazy much?? I am so ready to be chasing them up the slide and fitting down the slide behind them :happy: I just cant believe how much this vacation had an impact on me I couldnt even drive my son in a go-cart because we both couldnt fit. Ugh! Im doing this!
  • mamajess1
    mamajess1 Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes Im excited to get to know the site more.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome. You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: