What was your demon

Options

Replies

• phatty4dayz
    phatty4dayz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Potatoes... didn't matter if they were fried, baked, mashed, au grautin, whatever! That's why I had to go cold turkey in December. Now I onlly eat white potatoes if I'm on vacation (which is typically 3-4 times a year). I think I'm physically incapable of eating them in moderation. I'm like a drug addict it's sickening, really!
  • Guardien
    Guardien Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Like many people, I've had, and still have multiple demons. Luckily I have them more under control these days.
    I'd say that my worst were 1) portion control 2) late eating after games (played or watched) and 3) the choices made for those after game feedings...beer, fries, wings.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    The Chili's menu, The Cheesecake Factory menu, the Olive Garden menu, Potbelly's, Taco Bell, and any other restaurant that has a menu! and of course my favorite restaurant HOME...My husband is a great cook, and since we are both changing the way we eat and look at food, he's been trying different ways to lower the caloric intake and decrease the sodium.
  • ampa916
    ampa916 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Oh I have a bunch but I would say my number battle is going to be with emotional eating. I tend to overeat terribly if I am stressed worried, or just not in a good mood.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Not food. The feeling that "I'm not good enough."
    Once I exorcised that demon, everything else fell into place.
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Fast food and laziness and self loathing.....:frown:
  • emmabrackpool
    emmabrackpool Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    happiness is my downfall

happy+married = obese
    divorce= 5 stone weight loss and looking great!
    very happy + married again - 3 stone on again!

Mind you id rather be happy and fat than miserable and thin but wouldnt mind the best of both worlds either!!
  • JENNIBABE08
    Options
    Chocolate/Stress/Alcohol very bad combination!!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Omg some of these posts are making hungry just reading them, lol
  • KathieSwenson
    Options
    Stress and eating out. My love likes to eat out and it feels like every meal. I had t really learn how to plan.
  • celticgladiator
    celticgladiator Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    just junk in general, bad carbs, empty calories etc. it wasnt just one thing, it was all things with no moderation at all.
  • MrsInmon
    MrsInmon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Doritos and second servings
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Being Lazy/Lack of exercise although my food choices haven't helped if I had exercised I wouldn't be nearly as bad off as I am today.
  • phatty4dayz
    phatty4dayz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    happiness is my downfall

happy+married = obese
    divorce= 5 stone weight loss and looking great!
    very happy + married again - 3 stone on again!

Mind you id rather be happy and fat than miserable and thin but wouldnt mind the best of both worlds either!!

Yup... I can relate to this... *deep sigh* Note, that I'm now single and 17 lbs lighter... smh
  • bosulli1
    bosulli1 Posts: 33
    Options
    pasta and bread with butter and cheese...

and chocolate, and cookies, and (weirdly) trail mix.

measuring, portions, and MFP calorie "sticker shock" have helped, though
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    SUGAR!!!....Was & still is my demon...But I am getting stronger & using way less than before...I can fight this demon!!! :)
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    cadbury creme egg:devil:
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Milkshakes
  • Rodentranger
    Options
    Mindness eating combined with two pregnancies. As I've gotten older, my metabolism has slowed but my calorie consumption hasn't. I'm not young enough to sit down with a tub of ice cream and a spoon while I watch trash tv late at night...