lose 10 lbs in 3 days soup

Ok, I am junkie for First for women's magazine. Although I can't stick to even the easiest diet, I lose about 5 lbs per mag. This was Melt fat 10x faster with the basic slimming soup.

Why not right?

The poster women are a mother daughter team that lost a combined 105 lbs. mom was 180 and now 127, daughter was 175 and is 123. this is over a year tho, I doubt i can stick to it for a year, but three days? Sure. I don't know how many calories are in the soup, but it is AWESOME!!!! It comes from The Fat Flush Plan book. fatflush.com

this is the basic start

For breakfeast start with a good protine filled meal. 2 egg omelet filled with 1/2 cup mix veggies, 2 hard boiled eggs with 1/2 grapefruit, or 1 1/2 cups of fat-free Greek yougert with 1 1/2 cup berries.

Lunch and dinner are the soup. You can also add a small salad or small side of veggies.

here is the recipe

The new basic slimming soup:
1 3/4 lbs of lean ground beef, turkey, or chicken.
1tsp olive oil
1 large onion peeled and chopped.
1 large red,yellow, or green pepper seeded and chopped.
1 large yellow squash, chopped
8 oz mushrooms, chopped
2 tsp chopped garlic
1 bottle 46 oz redused sodium tomato or veggie cocktail juice
1 can 15 oz pinto, garbanzo, or black beans rinced and drained
1 can 14 oz crushed tomatos
1 Tbs lime juice
1 tbs ground cumin 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
1/4 cup each fresh cilantro and parsley leaves chopped.

If you dont want to use meat, you can use another can of beans. I used one can of pinto, and one of garbanzo. I also used a large red bepper in place of the squash cause i dont like squash. also, i used Itallian parsley cause it helps with belly fat

Make sure you have a large saucepot, or very deep pan.

Step 1
In saucepot over medium-high heat, cook beef, turkey, or chicken in olive oil 5 min or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. remove from pot; drain if desired.

Step 2
In same saucepot, cook onions, peppers, squash, mushrooms and garlic 5 min or untill vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.

Step 3
Stir in coctail juice, beans, tomatos, lime juice, cymin, cayenne and cooked meat. Add 1 cup water to thin soup (ifdesired) Cover; bring soup just to a simmer. (Do not boil.) Reduce heat to medium-low; let simmer 20 min, stirring occasionally. Add cilantro and parsley. Cover; let simmer 5 min. Garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese if desired. (Note: Soup can be stored in refrigerator for 5 days or frozen.)

Prep time 10 min. Total time 45 min.
Makes 10-12 cups (2-3 cups per serving)

So there you have it. if you do 2 cups, you have your 10 lbs in three days.

The magazine list some things you can add to it as well.

For tired, blue, and foggy people add 2 tsp of seaweed. Edenfoods.com
For battling carb cravings and GI distress people, Replace mushrooms with 1/2 cup grated Daikon radish.
For prone to stress, dizziness and salt carving people, add 1/2 tsp of pink Himalayan sea salt. SaltWorks.US
For plagued by bloat, headaches and colds people add 1 tsp of turmeric and in crease cilantro to 1/2 cup.

I know I'm not going to lose 10 lbs in 3 days, I already had a snack that I'm not supposed to have. You're supposed to stick to the plan with no snacks or anything like that, and it made me want to snack more. but hey, if i lose 1-5 lbs, i'll be a happy camper.

Replies

• Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Good luck. Sounds like another random Hollywood/fad diet to me.

It's not going to hurt anything, by any means, but it's not sustainable, and that's what losing weight is really all about - making a lifestyle change, not a special potion to make it melt away.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    I have two words: water weight. Anything you lose on something like this is just water weight and will almost certainly be gained right back as soon as you end the diet. Go for the old fasioned mantra of 'eat less, move more.' Or just move more for how much you're eating and lose the weight the right way. No sense hurting yourself thinking you're doing yourself a favor.
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    I saw that too. I did a very similar soup a few months ago and lost 8# in a week.... it got me started on my current eating plan, and I've gone on to lose 26# on sensible eating/exercise. It is a good way to have good results quickly, which is motivating, and it can't hurt nutritionally. I say go for it!
  • Good luck. :-)
  • I have two words: water weight. Anything you lose on something like this is just water weight and will almost certainly be gained right back as soon as you end the diet. Go for the old fasioned mantra of 'eat less, move more.' Or just move more for how much you're eating and lose the weight the right way. No sense hurting yourself thinking you're doing yourself a favor.

Exactly what I was going to say. :-)
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    There is no Magic Bullet to weight loss. No FAD diet, No PILL, No pee ingestion, NOTHING but making healthy choices and moving your body that leads to success. You will do more harm than good by doing something other than this.

DO research and make a smart choice.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    The soup actually does appear to be a healthy, nutritionally balanced, low-cal soup… and it sounds good, too! So, while it doesn't seem like you'd be doing yourself any harm by eating this soup and the suggested breakfast, the reason you're losing weight is by … no surprises here… creating a calorie deficit! I agree with the others, though… are you planning on eating this the rest of your life? If not, the minute you go back to any bad eating habits, the weight that you gained by eating all that the first time will return.

However, I think I'll save this recipe… it really does sound tasty to me and I could use some new healthy recipes!
  • Anyway you look at it... the recipie sounds YUMMY!!! Im gonna try it just to taste it!!! :-)
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Any diet that is labeled in such a way that suggests you only have to do it for a certain period of time is bull hockey.

Losing weight and keeping it off is all about finding a diet that you can sustain for the rest of your life.

If you go on an unsustainable diet you will likely gain all the weight back as soon as you go off of it.
  • in my post i say i cant stick to anything. im on day two and it isnt like im drinking water and broth. its loaded with veggies and loads of protine. i also exercise and not planning to do this for the rest of my life, like i stated. thanks for the concern, but 10 lbs of water weight got is still 10 lbs gone. dont knock it before you try it. i've been eating egg white omletes loaded with veggies, plus i snack which youre not supposed to do. im not looking for a get thin scheme, but this is a low cal, highly nutritious soup that is easy, cheap, and tastes great. this post was for anyone that wanted to try the soup, not for the people that want to bash it right off thea bat.
    so to the curious, the soup is awesome, if you can stick to it, go you! if like me you wanted to try and cant stick to its, its still healthier than the crap i've been stuffing my face with. to the nay sayers, make the soup and have it as lunch or dinner with your regular work out regiment. its a great soup.
  • Anyway you look at it... the recipie sounds YUMMY!!! Im gonna try it just to taste it!!! :-)

if you can stick to it like the ladies in the mag, right on!! but i made it cause it looked great and its easy to make. it tastes amazing!
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    The soup sounds wonderful, regardless of it it helps or not, but that would be an amazing bonus! Thanks for sharing!
  • ogosun
    ogosun Posts: 175 Member
    the soup looks tasty and healthy... its a great way to start... for sure... i am a firm believer in losing it fast and then you maintain yourself after... You actually learn to be careful in selection of your foods and what you are putting in your mouth you stick to it by doing this. You learn not to be a garbage can. Good stuff... Stick to it, and it will work.
  • That soups sounds really good! I might make some just to try it! Not for weight loss, but for something yummy and healthy to eat! Thanks for posting!
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    The soup looks very delicious and nutritious. I think i will try it because i love soup.

You lost weight, the 10pounds not because of the soup but because you created a calorie deficit. All the best on your weight loss.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    No way would i do this as a diet, but i definitely think the soup sounds good. Thanks for the recipe.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    I just want the soup :)
  • mummyv811
    mummyv811 Posts: 237
    Bump for the soup recipe
  • 1mcward
    1mcward Posts: 13 Member
    Well, just finished my fad exercise program, so may as well get to the fad weight loss diet, LOL!! Seriously and sincerely, thanks for sharing. :) I like a challenge, so here it is! AND, it beats the pants off cabbage soup and others I've read and thought, really? Forget it, just be fat. teehee. I hate cooking and planning and the rest of it, so this is perfect for someone like me that wants to get in the kitchen and get out. Plus. it has the nutrition, so what could go wrong? I get past my plateau and feel good? [my fad fitness was Insanity. It worked and it too had a start and finish date. :) ]
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    what is funny about this diet is i eat like this. I make soup or stew and will eat it for lunch and dinner the next couple of days. I dont drop 10lbs fromt that though. I might try out this soup just as another meal idea. :)