1 week into MFP...some encouragement please! Posted this on

Options
Hi everyone, I'm new to this but am finding the app on my phone really helpful. I got it so I could lose a few lbs. I love food and always eat too much...too much of the wrong thing too. I'm currently at 132lbs and want to get down to 120lbs and I'm 5"1. I'm aiming to eat around 1200 calories a day but I don't do much exercise. The only exercise I get is at work (a primary school.) I'm always too tired to exercise after work...isn't that always the case? I'm managing to keep under my allowance most days. I weighed myself yesterday and I had lost 1lb. I weighed myself this morning...the 1lb had reappeared! Argh...I realise I'm only 1 week into it but I feel like I need some encouragement! I've been looking at some of the success stories which are really inspirational but most of them have been working at it for weeks and months! I'm sat here really wanting to open the biscuit tin...
Thanks for listening to my moan!!!
K

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Most important thing to know - the scale lies! Weight can fluctuate by a couple pounds at any given time and the worst is when it happens on weigh in day. Don't get too tied to the number on the scale, if you're doing the work the losses will happen! Some weeks will be better than others. Keep at it - you can do it!
  • Gemmach81
    Gemmach81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have recently realised the scales are my enemy. I got soo obsessed I used to weigh myself every morning. Over a period of a week I went down by 4 pounds and then could be up again by 6 at the end of the week. Its crazy!

I always expect to see a massive change instantly but it just doesn't happen. I have tried moving my scales to different surfaces to see if it changes and also taken them from the upstairs bathroom to the kitchen to see if gravity was effecting them! Its crazy I know.

I am now trying a new stategy and I am only going to weigh myself once every two weeks. I am hoping that I will feel the difference in my clothes which is what I want more than seeing the right number below my feet.

I am allowing myself plenty of time to get to my ideal weight no point in trying to do something thats unattainable.

I hate exercise after work. Its the last thing you want to think about after you have spent all day running around. So although I am not a morning person I am going to try to exercise before work. It takes more effort to get out of bed and to the gym but I have way more energy to give to it and I don't give up as quickly.

It will come off slowly which is the best way so I am told. means it should stay off.

Keep going and moan away! Its good to let it all out.
  • QueenD69
    QueenD69 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started last week keeping up with my info manually. I lost one pound, I started MFP on Monday 5 March, and made myself not get on the scale until today, which is weigh in day. I lost an additional 3 lbs this week. I just plan to weigh in once a week, and know that I did my best everyday on my logging and trying to stay with in my limits. Please whatever you do, don't beat yourself up and my thoughts are every success did not come without failure. So I know I will fail, but I will be successful at this weight lost because I want to be. So remember to rejoice even if you don't see the scale decrease, because you could be putting on that muscle that will make that body look so great when those pounds are lost.