"healthy" icecream...nooo wayyyy!

Options
2»

Replies

• SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    oh what a great idea! I love the flavor of bananas but can not stand the texture of them. This sounds like a yummy treat that I would enjoy! Thanks a bunch!
  • aljeca
    aljeca Posts: 83
    Options
    SO I just made this.. Couldn't wait, ice cream is my weakness! I had some frozen bananas in the freezer already so I just chopped them into discs in their peel. The peel came off surprisingly easily after I cut them. I added a big spoonful of natural peanut butter and a spoonful of just regular cocoa powder. SO GOOD! I'm waiting for it to firm up a bit more in the freezer before I have a bowl but the consistency is just right. :love:
  • aljeca
    aljeca Posts: 83
    Options
    one more comment from me I have added this to the database under "homemade 3 ingredient ice cream" when made with 2 tbsp of natural PB and 1 tbsp of cocoa powder. :)
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    ^ letme know how you like it!! :) I LOVE it ! =D
  • EmDrake13
    EmDrake13 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!
  • niecyd55
    niecyd55 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    This is great! Icecream is my weakness so now I am SO EXCITED to try this! Thank you so much for sharing!!!
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    to bad I loathe bananas!!!.. cause that is inspirational! I bet any frozen fruit mixed with some type of milk would work too
  • RicaJamie
    RicaJamie Posts: 46
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I LOVE frozen yogurt and think this just might be a great alternative to my horrible cravings. I just so happen to have some bananas in the kitchen I noticed that really need to be eaten. Even my husband is willing to try it!

Thanks again! :love:
  • Mo_babee
    Mo_babee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Bump because I really want to try this...especially with the cocoa powder...
  • PurplePookie
    PurplePookie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    cannot wait to try this!!!
  • feduh86
    feduh86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    mmmmmm! Im so excited now! lol
  • m_snow
    m_snow Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awesome - I will be making this tonight. Thanks for sharing!
  • maethoriel
    Options
    I actually just got Yonanas recently. It's really awesome, its this little machine you put bananas and other fruit or anything you want through and it comes out like the consistency of ice cream, but it's really just the fruit. It's one of my favorite things now. :)
  • almst50
    almst50 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for some time now and it is awesome! I just take my overripe bananas and stick them in the freezer as is (including skin). Then when I'm in the mood for ice cream I grab a banana, use a paring knife to cut off the skin and slice it up. It is DELICIOUS with frozen strawberries, raspberries, anything. I usually add a little fat free milk and a dash of vanilla. Frozen strawberries alone need additional liquid to get to a creamy consistency, and I find tastes best with some truvia or other sweetener. The bananas have plenty of sweetness on their own.

Isn't it awesome to find something health AND delicious?! Like you, I also found it didn't give me cravings like regular ice cream absolutely does (one bowl is impossible for me!)
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm looks Delish!