How to stick with it ?

Options
k900
k900 Posts: 140 Member
I have gained about ten pounds since i signed up for mfp but i have not been logging my meals all the time. When i do log everything i eat and log all my workouts it works. When i signed up i wanted to lose about ten pounds and now i want to lose about twenty. I haven't weighed this much in a long time and it kind of upset me to see that number on the scale.

I'm 5'8 and right now i weigh 166 when i started this i weighed 158. My goal weight is 147. I have been sort of binge eating lately.....well not sort of i have been. Today i ate a whole large pizza by myself. I feel so disgusted with myself about that. I do not make myself sick or not eat later on because of it though. I just feel like such a loser when i eat too much like i have been for the past week or so.

Tomorrow i am going to get back on track and log everything i eat and all my exercising. Any tips on sticking with it ? Also any suggestions for foods that keep you feeling full longer ? I am vegetarian but other than that i will try any type of food once.

Replies

• FireTigerSoul
    FireTigerSoul Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Veggies with a cup of rice fills me up pretty quickly...that and sandwiches with veggie meats. Good luck with your weight loss journey! Just make it a daily routine to log in every day.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is very filling. One 6oz cup of fat free only has 100 calories. Add a little fruit or honey to taste...YUM.
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    When you do things like eat a whole pizza, THINK about why you are doing it. Ask yourself if you really need that next piece. I've had a tough couple days myself, but when I got up today it was like, "Ok, you had you pity party, stop making excuses and get back at it." My eating habits are definitely right back on track now, but I still have no motivation to exercise. I know if I spend the next couple days eating the way I'm supposed to, my energy levels will come back, and I'll get back to the exercise. Just stay focused on your long term goals!
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    FInd friends that will support you. Feel free to add me.

I had to open my diet to my friends. That way they kept me honest, gave me suggestions and I actually think to myself" What will my friends think if I eat this" before I actually consume anything. I make sure and log everything but my chewing gum. I have lost 16 pounds :smile:
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I would say take it slow, maybe just try to hit your calorie goal at first and once you get into the groove clean up the food your eating.
  • rabbitts92
    Options
    i have been struggling too, two things have started to turn it around for me. Porridge for breakfast (soak oats in water first for ten minutes then add smaller amount of milk. this makes a bigger bowl of porridge with less calories and more filling). Keeps me going untill lunch much easier.
    Second i have started 30 day shred after looking at loads of before/after pictures on here i finally took the plunge and bought this dvd. Its only twenty mins exercise but cos i can feel every muscle ALL the time i don't want to screw up my eating anymore?? it seems to be working.
    Good luck there is only you that can do it .
  • MooseComa
    Options
    Raw almonds or an apple with a big glass of water. Both of those have fiber that expands with the water and is supposed to keep you fuller longer.
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    FInd friends that will support you. Feel free to add me.

I had to open my diet to my friends. That way they kept me honest, gave me suggestions and I actually think to myself" What will my friends think if I eat this" before I actually consume anything. I make sure and log everything but my chewing gum. I have lost 16 pounds :smile:

I second this. It's really helpful to have friends that keep you accountable and help you. It also keeps me motivated when I see everyones updates! Good luck...don't be so hard on yourself, tomorrow is a new day!
  • Rynoman2k3
    Rynoman2k3 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Isn't 158 healthy for 5'8" ? I'm 5'8 and i'm 232. I started at 268.

I'd love to be where your at :p Just limit yourself, and log log log. When you get in the mindset that oh... i better not eat that that things loaded with salt or cals it helps.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    You need to set goals and do what is necessary to meet them. NEVER GIVE UP!!

You need friends who will help you. Take a look at my log. I eat lots of healthy food. I usually don't go over by too much. I exercise a lot. I support my friends every day. Feel free to friend me! Good luck in your journey:happy:
  • k900
    k900 Posts: 140 Member
    Options

I'd love to be where your at :p Just limit yourself, and log log log. When you get in the mindset that oh... i better not eat that that things loaded with salt or cals it helps.

That is a healthy weight for being 5'8 but i did not feel healthy at that weight. I would be completely out of breath after walking short distances. If i was toned and felt healthy at 158 i would be fine with that.
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Not to be harsh, but try cutting your salad dressing in half. Don't have a nearly 500K frappe from McDonalds. Log every bite everyday. In time, you'll think twice about some of the things you choose to eat, and choose more wisely. You know this, but I'll say it anyway, this is a process, not a one-time lesson.

One more idea: measure yourself. You might find in weeks that the scale is stubborn, you'll have actually lost inches. Word to the wise, measure once every 3-4 weeks those periodic weeks that the scale refuses to move.
  • Rynoman2k3
    Rynoman2k3 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Fair enough. Just saying is all. Well I personally would just work on toning. Keep up the good work regardless.

That is a healthy weight for being 5'8 but i did not feel healthy at that weight. I would be completely out of breath after walking short distances. If i was toned and felt healthy at 158 i would be fine with that.
  • Karmael
    Karmael Posts: 12
    Options
    Everyone is saying the same thing ,and I find that to be the thruth.

If possible have a friend and do it together ( I do this with my mom)
    I go to the gym 3-4 times a week (sometimes 5) with my Mom or my son and sometimes by myself.
    Drink plenty of water
    Don't skip meals.

On the days I go to the gym I have a yogurt or a glass of orange juice before I go and come home and eat breakfast after (a slice or two of rye bread with pb or a whole wheat bagel)

I also now eat fruit more and when I have my fruit I throw in a few almonds with it. I keep my snacks, for the most part under 100 calories. I love chips so I started buying the snack packs that are about 100-110 calories.

I don't eat all my exercise calories, sometimes I'll dip into them but not often.

Inches are important.. Find someone to measure you every 4-6 weeks and always the same person and in the same clothes or close to it. You should always wear the same bra!

Good luck!
    Don't give up!
    You can do it!
  • juliemaplehurst
    Options
    Daft as it sounds.........picture yourself as you want to be and walk towards her...........I do this every time I have a week moment and it seems to keep me going......as the person I want to be is me smiling, happy, healthy, fit, wearing clothes that look good, and not stuffing her face with Chinese food like a loon......

I also save my exercise cals up so when the urge is just too great I have a few in the bank....so far I have lost 21lbs !

I haven't changed what I eat that much just the amount I shove in"......

Keep going you can be the person you know you are inside and keep logging in food diarys are the key....

Good luck
  • snugglesworthjr
    snugglesworthjr Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    awesome motivation technique that has worked well for me thus far:

http://www.dextronet.com/blog/2011/04/achieving-goals-like-a-mad-klingon/
  • vger11
    vger11 Posts: 248
    Options
    logging everything first thing really helps me keep my motivation high and usually prevents me from beating myself...where's there's room there's choice and I can usually do the right thing if I plan in advance.

Keep logging :flowerforyou: