HEART MONITOR HELP PLEASE!!!

Options
missyj1115
missyj1115 Posts: 1,220 Member
PLEASE HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND - I am confused on what one to believe... I have the sportline HRM where I put a watch on and the chest strap and it tells me my heart rate and the calories I burn. I bought this for when I do Zumba to get a more accurate calorie burn count but thought I would see if there was much of a difference on the treadmill. I was surprised to see at a incline of 2 going 4 mph the read outs were off by 100 calories with the treadmill showing more burned than the chest HRM. The Treadmill was also showing a Heart rate of about between 20-30 higher than the sportline HRM... Of course I would want to enter in the higher of the 2 but I want to make sure I am getting the most accurate information. Any help I can get on this issue would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you my fitness pals :-)

Replies

• dblars
    dblars Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't trust our treadmill one. I'd like to see your HRM deal. I use an app on my Iphone that does a pretty accurate job. Pretty sure there is an app for your phone as well. Let me know when I see you next and I will show you how it works.
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I don't trust our treadmill one. I'd like to see your HRM deal. I use an app on my Iphone that does a pretty accurate job. Pretty sure there is an app for your phone as well. Let me know when I see you next and I will show you how it works.

What app do you use on your iPhone, and how does that work when you're working out?
  • mesalem
    mesalem Posts: 10
    Options
    The hrm is much more accurate. Sorry!!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Same here - my treadmill will say one thing my HRM another (and I've compared my Polar to my Garmin), trust the HRM (assuming you've setup your weight, age etc correctly)