Grandma Looking For Friends

Options
Jocy50
Jocy50 Posts: 17 Member
Hi! I'm 54 and need to lose 100+lbs. I live in the Massey, ON area and looking for friends for encouragement and help. :blushing: Please add me if you think you're that friend. I will encourage you the best I can. Jocy50

Replies

• BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome to MFP Jocey! Good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me if you want to. Well do it together Ive got about another 60lbs or so to go before Im done so we can do this together you can do it I know you can xx
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Hello Welcome to MFP you can friend me! I hope i cna help some I am kinda at a stand still right now yet i hope to get out of it soon!
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Hi Jocy50,

I'm a 56 yr old grandmother of 5 with about 80 lbs to shed. I'm on the site almost daily, though more so over weekends than during work days. I'm positive and tactfully truthful and would love being one of your friends.

:flowerforyou:
  • weightloss43154
    weightloss43154 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome, feel free to add me
  • AFabulous50
    AFabulous50 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jocey! Feel free to add me. I'm a 50-year-old grandma to 3 and I live in Alabama. Let's go, we can do this!
  • rhodenizer
    rhodenizer Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi Jocey, 59 year old grand mother here and I have reached my goal but when I get down about not having my grandaughter and family near me I start to eat. Look forward to watching your journey. One thing I learned over this past year was that you are never too old. My inspiration was my grandaugter, I wanted to be able to play with her like a kd myself so I lost 35 pounds.
  • Nanat50
    Nanat50 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Grandma Looking for Friends, I'm not a grandma yet, but 49 and working on losing 54 more lbs before I turn 50 in 20 mths. I'm here for you and appreciate your encouragement too!
  • Stobbs88
    Stobbs88 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this site, feel free to add me, we can give each other support x
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    This sounds like the grandma's club! I'm a grandma too and I just sent you a friend request!
  • Nome515
    Nome515 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi! I turn 50 in May, have 4 grand-girlies and need to lose about 50 pounds. Trying to learn a new, healthy lifestyle and need all the help I can get! Feel free to add me as a friend! -- Naomi
  • Nome515
    Nome515 Posts: 8
    Options
    Grandma's Club! I like it!! :flowerforyou:
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Hi Jocy,
    I am 59 and a Grandma wannabe. Have a son getting married next March. Anyway I had over a hundred to lose when I started and still a significant amount to go. I will be here learning to maintain when I reach my goal. I am doing this in a slow sustainable way. Feel free to friend me or not but best wishes on MFP.
    Keri
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Hey! Stop hogging Grandma! I want to be her friend too! Add me anytime!
  • dixielandsh
    dixielandsh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Jocy50:

I'm 54 and a grandmother of 6 living in the deep south (SE Louisiana) and working on losing 70 pounds. Please add me. :smile:

Dixie
  • eilishlaw
    Options
    hi, im just at the beginning of my own journey and need to loose 10kg, only been on here over a week so feel free to add me as a friend and i'll help you on your journey. Best of luck and take it one day at at a time.
  • Loislaine61
    Options
    Hi Jocy50, I'm new to this site too, but you can add me as a friend. I'm a Grandma too of four beautiful grandgirls. I'll join that Grandma Club too.

I hope the encouragement of others will move you towards your goal. I believe we can all do it together. So far I am liking this site a lot.

Loislaine61
  • TerrJohns
    TerrJohns Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm a new grandma and I'm carrying an extra 100+ also. I'm trying to do it in portions of 35 at a time and you can add me if you'd like.
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I like the Grandma club. I'm a 55 yo grandma of one little girl with another one due in April. So far I have lost 38 pounds in 4 1/2 months and have another 22 to go. I am very active in life and on MFP (posting daily). Go ahead and add me to the Grandma Club!
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    I am 55 and we have 15 grandchildren! I know wow. I also have 100 lbs to lose. Feel free to add me if you like!
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Hi Jocy. I'm 55 and in southern Ontario. I have been here since January and really like using this site. Send a friend request if you would like. I log in daily and am determined to be sensible about reaching my goal.