Oatmeal

Options

Replies

• Justforgetthis
    Options
    For 1c of cooked oatmeal, I always chop up an entire pink lady or granny smith apple! (Yes, it's a lot of apple) Then I add 1/8c of raisins, 1 tsp of cinnamon, and either stevia or raw honey! It's delicious
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    chopped walnuts - honey and dried fruit!
  • Ljohnscv
    Ljohnscv Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love my oatmeal with 1 TBS. ground organic flaxseed, 1 TBS. raisins, 1 tsp honey, 1 TBS. finely chopped walnuts, and a couple shakes of a blend of spice consisting of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and ground orange peel. (I cook the raisins and flaxseed with the oatmeal. And, put the honey and spice on after I dish it out.) Use the regular oatmeal and cook it on the stove for 5 minutes. Then let it sit for 6 mins. with the burner off and a lid on it. I like to add 1/2 cup of plain almond milk, too. It's good!!!
  • JulieWH94
    Options
    I eat it plain with just cinnamon :) But I make it with low-fat milk, so it taste a little sweeter than if I was just making it with water :)
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I mix some honey in with plain steel cut oats, and then top with peak protein granola, grated apple, cinnamon and some almonds. It keeps me full for hours.
  • creative1981
    creative1981 Posts: 182 Member
    Options

Jam

I'd forgotten about oatmeal (same as porridge right?) and jam! I loved that as a kid.
  • Mera_Mera
    Mera_Mera Posts: 153
    Options
    I love oatmeal. Have been eating it since I can remember. I usually put cocoa powder, raisins and all types of fruits (peaches, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and boisonberries, etc.). Also, I chopped apples into tiny pieces and let them caramelized for a minute or two, this releases the apples awesome sweetness and then I mixed it in.
  • Jackieb301
    Jackieb301 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Love oatmeal!
    Some of my favorite combos:
    -banana, Pampered Chef Sweet Caramel Sprinkle, flaxseed
    -frozen blueberries and splenda
    -peaches, cinnamon and splenda
    -my sister's fave: PB, 1/2 packet sf cocoa mix
    -hubby's fave: flavored coffee creamer and frozen blueberries
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm my oatmeal is what gets me out of bed in the morning! I LOVE it!!! Agree that plain it might suck a bit, I use a range called 'Rude Health' which is the best I've eaten.

Definitely make it with milk, you can add all kinds to it - bananas are fab, so is honey, or raisins, seeds....nuts. You can put artificial sweetener on if you want to keep cals down, dried fruit....the possibilities are endless - there's loads of brands and recipes to cater for any tastes. x
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    My favorite oatmeal add ins

Nestle unsweetend cocoa powder, Splenda to taste and A Tbsp of Jif with omega 3's.

Small banana and a tbsp of Jif with omega 3's

a couple spoons of libbys pumpkin (canned) Splenda and cinnamon to taste.

Raisins cinnamon and splenda

Dark cocoa powder, fresh cherries (pitted and halved) and splenda.

blueberries or strawberries with a splash of vanilla extract and almond milk. :)

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I put peanut butter in mine. I prefer the 7 gain hot cereal over oatmeal, less calories and its yummier.
  • ensoleille
    Options
    Currently I have 1tsp of chocolate or caramel sauce left over from pancake day :) Very yummy & gives a nice sugar fix.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    i cant handle plain oatmeal, so im always adding stuff to it lol
    umm my most recent love is cocoa powder, a packet or two of stevia, and some shredded cococnut. tastes like a no bake cookie :D
    i also like putting different flavored protein powders in..
    craisins or raisins with cinnamon sugar.

MMMmmmmm... that sounds really good! How much cocoa powder did you put in?

Also, I love putting in a little brown sugar with a few chocolate chips...... YUM :bigsmile:

Keep Calm and Carry On,
    Anna
  • sangwin
    sangwin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I take some dried cranberries or blueberries and smash up some almonds into bits and stir it in. If you want a change...the steel cut grains are also very good.
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I use a tsp, of imitation vanilla extract, 1 packet of stevia, and a generous sprinkle of cinnamon. Tastes great!
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    For 1c of cooked oatmeal, I always chop up an entire pink lady or granny smith apple! (Yes, it's a lot of apple) Then I add 1/8c of raisins, 1 tsp of cinnamon, and either stevia or raw honey! It's delicious
    ^^^ This.

Add a couple tablespoons of walnuts if you have the fat allowance available and enjoy nuts.
  • JENNIBABE08
    Options
    I mix mine with protein powder and natural peanut butter then add a little almond milk.. You can also mix the oatmeal with eggwhites add (flax, protein powder, berries) whatever your preference and make a pancake. Its super yummy.
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    almond milk or hazelnut milk are great options if you want to drop the calories and usually use semi skimmed milk.

Tesco have a new free from range that includes coconut and chocolate flavored milk alternative that is the same calories as semi skimmed milk.
  • MissyLibra
    MissyLibra Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I put a pinch of cinnamon, half of cup of strawberry, half of cup of apples, and sometimes I add some raisins. Delicious.
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    Applesauce and Cinnamon, so yummy!