Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What's really going on with California skin?

Why is it that 90% of the people I see on here with that glow to their skin are from california? What are you guys eating and drinking out there?

Replies

• dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    It's the radiation from Japan.
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Tanning beds are our friends
  • DivaDiane
    DivaDiane Posts: 73
    Actually, they are NOT your friends. Google tanning beds and cancer.
  • karliekins
    karliekins Posts: 27 Member
    It's this little thing called the sun.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    everything causes cancer...at least you can look good before you get it. :D
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    We have good weather, which means we tend to be more outdoorsy and get quite a bit of sun :) I know that I have gotten very tan since I started volunteering at an animal rescue and running outside. Even my hair is lighter and healthier looking
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 457 Member
    they prob get days that have a UV index more than 20% of the year :)
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member

I find it hard to believe that people are so willing to pay for something that they can get for free :/
  • ariant23
    ariant23 Posts: 161 Member
    because it's not crappy outside (like where i live now), we are outside all the time... it's sun, fresh air, movement and happy looking weather

(oh, and a bit of smog, I don't trust air I can't see)
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    It's this little thing called the sun.

I agree it's the sun !!! It's March and i have a tan already got burnt over the weekend and now it's almost a tan... Gotta love 80 degree weather in March !
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member

Until they give you skin cancer...
  • grandmamere
    grandmamere Posts: 155 Member
    carrots, lots of carrots, oh wait that bugs bunny:bigsmile:
    ok, better weather allows us to go outside more then say those who live in the snowy areas, but then again if your outside snowshoeing, skiing you can get a glow on too! :bigsmile: so maybe the eatting of carrots really are the answer:laugh:
  • KCox8604
    KCox8604 Posts: 41 Member
    everything causes cancer...at least you can look good before you get it. :D

THANK YOU! Pick your poison....drugs, alcohol, unprotected sex, mine is TANNING! (:
  • aniwani
    aniwani Posts: 110
    I'm from cali, and currently own like 15 bottles of lotion... thats normal right? ;) Laying out does change the texture of your skin hopefully you have a patch of sun where ever you are... if not vacation time ... no where does it get better then Hawaii for that glow though
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Not real sure what "glow" you speak of....the "orangey" one from tanning :huh: or the "natural" glow from occasional sun and eating fresh produce :bigsmile:
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    That would be the sunshine and gorgeous weather most of the year :happy:
  • david581c
    david581c Posts: 337
    Duuude, in California, life's a beach.
    Gotta love the sun here, sure theres salons and stuff, tho nothing beats being a beach bum for a weekend and tannin' ur leather.
  • grandmamere
    grandmamere Posts: 155 Member
    Not real sure what "glow" you speak of....the "orangey" one from tanning :huh: or the "natural" glow from occasional sun and eating fresh produce :bigsmile:

ok the radaiton glow works better?