Options

Replies

• spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I was 23...husband was 22.
    Our daughter is 5 months away from 17.
    Oh how time flies!!!
    We are the youngest parents, out of all her friends!!!
    I get scoffed at sometimes...for only having one child...but I just smile and say: "Well...we will be empty nesters in a year! Feels good to be able to travel & whatnot when she goes off to college!"
    I'm not mocking people with multiple children....I just am glad to have freedom in a year's time..lol
  • mama_of_3cubs
    mama_of_3cubs Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had my first born @ 26, second @ 28, and third, last born @30.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    First @ 34 and 2nd @ 37 and holding at 40 and Done :)
  • RainbowBrite86
    RainbowBrite86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    20 and 21
  • ThickNThunda
    ThickNThunda Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I was 17
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    17 & 20... Hubby was 18 & 21... neither was planned. Don't regret it though since they are 18 & 21 now and at 39 & 40 hubby and i are enjoying our new found freedom!

Our oldest just finished her bachlor of nursing and will be an RN in a month or so. Our youngest is in her first year of university to become a social worker. Life turned out pretty good for us!
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Well, I was a sophomore in college. I was just about to turn 20 when I got pregnant. I was married for a year at that point (married young.) I was scared it would be too hard to go to school. I ended up graduating as planned and never skipped a semester. In fact, I gave birth to my daughter on my last day of finals! lol I had to make up one final, but it went fine and proff was really supportive. Then during my student teaching we got pregnant on purpose to have a sibling, and I was a week from 24 when I had my son. I had one semester off after I graduated before I got a job teaching for about three years now. Then I started grad school about a year later and finished in a little over a year. We only wanted two children, and we are done now. It wasn't my original plan to have kids before school was done, but I wouldn't change a thing now! It was hard, but it's doable! I am going to be going back for Dr. when kids get a bit older. Right now my daughter is in kindergarten, and my son is 2.5. BTW, I am currently 26.
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I was 20 when my first and only daughter was born jan, 12, 2006. I almost died giving birth to her for too much hemoraging. Please, dont judge me tho for my very hard and stupid decision of being young and not ready to raise my own child. My aunt and uncle raise her for me. She is 6yrs old now and beautiful and smart. She still lives with my aunt and uncle. Ive made some very bad decisions in my past that I cant take back. But today I am a new improved me. I do see her on most wkends. and One day would like to have her with me but for now im still not quite ready. PLUS Im sure they will fight me for her in court and I dont want to go through all that.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    29 when I had my son and 32 when I had my daughter
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I was 20 when I had my daughter and 21 when I had my son, neither were planed but that doesn't matter. when my daughter 10 months old and I was 5 months preg with my son I married their father. Almost 5 years later we are still married and still very much in love. My husband just started school back up in the fall.
  • branflake6
    branflake6 Posts: 115
    Options
    I was 17 when I had my daughter who is now 17 herself. I think I did the best I could but definitely became a much better mom in my late 20's. I kinda grew up with my kids for a while, which I know sounds terrible, I was young and had a lot of maturing to do. My opinions on things now are completely different than they were when I was 20.

I see nothing wrong with you wanting to wait until YOU are ready, kids are a huge responsibility and change everything, I would not change anything that happened in my life and my kids are amazing and I love them more than anything. That being said I did not plan any of them (I have 3) and if I had maybe things would have been easier. Do what is right for you ignore what anyone else thinks
  • KnitChick89
    KnitChick89 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I was 20 and my husband was 26 with our daughter. We both felt we were ready and had a stable job in the Army. Now I'm a 22 yo SAHM and my husband is 27 and we just had our son last month :))
  • dreamzvt
    dreamzvt Posts: 96
    Options
    I was 17 when I had my first one, 19 with number 2 and 21 with number 3. At age 23 the youngest one died. No choice but to grow up real fast. I am now almost 39 years old and had my 4th when I was 28 years old. I received custody of my Grand daughter, my now 21 yr old son's daughter when she was 5 months old. 2 years ago when I was 37. She is 2 1/2 now and keeps me hopping... No man for support and I work full time. 4 kids.
  • Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Sometimes life just happens. My first husband and I had my first daughter when I was 26. Three years later, he decided he wasn't interested in the whole family scene and walked out. I remarried and had my second daughter at 34. We thought we had the perfect family, as my husband is 9 years older than me. Well, God stepped in and blessed us with a bouncing baby boy when I was almost 40. He's 16 now. I wouldn't trade any of them for the world. I noticed that I had more energy in my 20's, and even in my 30's than I did in my 40's, but we also have experience and wisdom (lol) on our side. I just have to use alarms to check him in at curfew. Too old to wait up! Whatever you and your husband do will be your decision and right for you.
    BTW, my first daughter is 29 and just starting to think about maybe having a baby.
  • Maria_81
    Maria_81 Posts: 152
    Options
    I was 29 when I got preggo, and 30 when I had my daughter..
  • Nettegrae
    Options
    I was 21 when I had my son. 23 when I had a miscarriage 28 when I had my next miscarriage . And decided after that...I was already blessed with a beautiful boy so I was good. And now he's turning 18 this month. Couldn't be happier!
  • LatinaButterfly
    LatinaButterfly Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I was 18 when I had my first child, 22 when I had my second and 32 when I had my third... When I'm 42 I hope to have my fourth child. :)
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    One and done ;)
  • BeUnique1207
    BeUnique1207 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I had my son at 29. I'm 32 now and I would like one more before I turn 35.
  • scthomas01
    scthomas01 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    had my daughter at 19. i used to hate that i had her so young but she's about to graduate and i'm only 37!! i get to enjoy my freedom while i'm still young