My first 5k!!

Options
today I ran my first 5k and I'm ecstatic...I'm a runner! I slowed down a bit during mile 2 but finished strong! Finished my first 5k race 40:11. Made my goal PR!!!

Replies

• PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Well done. I have my first in May.
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    wow great job!!!
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Way to go, girl! My first one will be in June!
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    Congrats to you! That's fabulous, and a great time too :)
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. :flowerforyou:
  • Myrtlemama4
    Myrtlemama4 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I love the race atmosphere...! such great energy...wtg!!!!!!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news!! I'm sooo proud of you!! Great time, glad you finished and I am happy that you made yourself proud!! I will run a race next weekend in Modesto, Ca. in honor of my cousin who just passed away. His siblings/my cousins will be running it with me!
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • lilfurson
    lilfurson Posts: 190
    Options
    Yay congrats! That's an awesome accomplishment!

My first 5K started me on my journey and now I run about 30 miles a week. I have a half-marathon coming up in 2 weeks.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Congats that is awesome!!!
  • kaizen31
    kaizen31 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Run on! XD
  • justaxletdown
    Options
    nice! that's so exciting! i run my first 5k in about five weeks :)
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I've already posted this once today, but here it goes again ...........

***WARNING ... RUNNING IS ADDICTIVE***

True story. You heard it from me first. Here's the deal ....

You'll bask in the sunshine of your new accomplishment and then start to think ... "Hummm, I wonder if I can do a 10K?" You'll think, why not? I bet I can. So, you'll start to train for a 10K and soon you'll be crossing the finish line of that race. And then then your mind starts to wonder again....

You'll get pesky thoughts of increasing your distance. You will try and shake the thoughts out of your brain, but they won't let go. You'll continually think about doing a half marathon. Yes. You. 13.1 miles. You'll lie in bed thinking about it and then one day you'll Google training plans. You'll become friends with Hal Higdon and Jeff Galloway. They'll convince you that, yes, you can complete one. And they're right.

You'll finish the half and wear your badge of honor, I mean medal, with pride never realizing the power of your own endurance.

But it's not over. You'll start to think ... well, I did that and I'm not dead ... I wonder??? Yep. You're gonna contemplate a FULL marathon. You. 26.2 miles. You'll switch your priorities to get your LSD in. LSD now has new meaning. You'll sign up and pay your money so you can run down streets with crowds cheering for you. You'll cross the Finish Line and be handed the best darn banana you've ever eaten. You'll hobble back to your car and forever more be called a MARATHONER.

You'll plaster a 26.2 sticker on your vehicle and every time you come up to it in a parking lot you'll remember just what you're capable of when you set your mind to it. Why????

Because running is addictive and it all started with a 5K!

Congrats and welcome to The Club.
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    awesome!!! good job!! I just did my first one last month and it was a HUGE way of saying this is the NEW me, and forget the bad past I once lived. I even cried while running cuz I felt proud to be who I am today, but it was great LOVED IT! And training for more...
    KEEP IT UP!!
  • jmorgangms
    Options
    Yeah for you! I just recently finished my first 5K, and the previous poster is correct...running is addictive!!! I, too have thought, could I do a 10K...a half marathon? Congratulations and enjoy this moment! :)
  • andrea9873
    andrea9873 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Awe, thanks everyone! I used to greatly dislike running, but you are all so right, it is down right addictive. My next races is a 10K in April. :happy:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I'll second the "running is addictive" sentiment, I can only put a 13.1 sticker on my car.

Congrats on your first 5K!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    today I ran my first 5k and I'm ecstatic...I'm a runner! I slowed down a bit during mile 2 but finished strong! Finished my first 5k race 40:11. Made my goal PR!!!

*LIKE*
  • StephTheBookworm
    StephTheBookworm Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO! I just started training for my first one in September. :)