Eating out at Chili's

Options
I'm going on a trip back to my hometown in a couple of days, and I know I'm going to want to go to Chili's. Are there any menu options there that are lower-cal than others? I'm trying to find a way to enjoy myself and still stay within my calorie budget. Thanks! :)

Replies

• eventualrainbow
    Options
    Ahhh... thank you!! I never thought about that :)
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    You can go online and google Chili's nutrition and it gives you their menu and caloric values. They also have a new section in their menu of items that are 550 calories (or less) for the meal. I do know that if you eat the fajitas without the tortillas and condiments it is a reasonable choice. If I am going to a chain restaurant I always google their nutrition info and pre plan my order.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    In my own experience, I am terrified to eat at Chili's after looking at the nutrition info online! It seems like everything is crazy high! Just get a good calorie burn in the day you are going!
  • karliekins
    karliekins Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    They have a black bean veggie burger that's pretty good.
  • amazon75
    amazon75 Posts: 165
    Options
    The margarita chicken is 550 calories as served. Two chicken breast halves, rice, beans and tortilla strips.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Margarita Chicken is very good and under 600 calories.
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I went there last night and ordered the Santa Fe Chicken Wrap with steamed broccoli on the side instead of fries. Delicious and only 680 calories!
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    You can also get the 6 ounce sirloin with double broccoli and it's not *too* bad calorie-wise. Sodium on their entire menu, however, is frighteningly high. I don't think there's much on there under 2000 mg of sodium with most in the 3000 mg range. Ridiculous.
  • knurse1987
    knurse1987 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    the Margarita Chicken is amazing!!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You can also get the 6 ounce sirloin with double broccoli and it's not *too* bad calorie-wise. Sodium on their entire menu, however, is frighteningly high. I don't think there's much on there under 2000 mg of sodium with most in the 3000 mg range. Ridiculous.

I didn't mention this, but yes, it is INSANE!!
  • lcardullo
    lcardullo Posts: 22
    Options
    They do have lighter menu options listed on the menu which is good. I would also recommend that you check out a site called Healthdiningfinder - http://www.healthydiningfinder.com/home. They have a ton of restaurants listed and show the best choices from a nutritional standpoint at each. I often refer to them and plan out my meal ahead of time.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Get online and check out their menu! They also usually have menus at the tables too. Keep in mind their "low calorie" options still aren't great. I've found a few dishes that aren't bad for a "once and a while" meal though. They used to have fantastic grilled tacos, but had since discontinued them which is SAD. The margarita chicken is good though. They also have some grilled shrimp you can order as part of a "make you own plate" type thing.
  • bigtone34
    bigtone34 Posts: 136
    Options
    Be careful of the salads there, a lot of them are VERY high in calories.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Get online and check out their menu! They also usually have menus at the tables too. Keep in mind their "low calorie" options still aren't great. I've found a few dishes that aren't bad for a "once and a while" meal though. They used to have fantastic grilled tacos, but had since discontinued them which is SAD. The margarita chicken is good though. They also have some grilled shrimp you can order as part of a "make you own plate" type thing.

They used to do a grilled pita that was really good and under 550 calories also. Discontinued that as well. Bummed!
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I love going to chilis b/c it's pretty diet friendly..110 calorie patron margaritas..I will get a large house salad..or any of their healthy menu items are pretty good...margarita chicken..yummm!! Have fun girl!!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    The margarita chicken is 550 calories as served. Two chicken breast halves, rice, beans and tortilla strips.

My favorite!!!! It's so good!!! The sodium is high in anything they serve, though. So drink lots of water!!!
  • eventualrainbow
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    They have a new low-cal salad that is basically the same as the quesadilla explosion, but without all the stuff that makes the quesadilla explosion 1400 calories.