Over 45 Women only!

Options
Has anyone had success at managing menopause symptoms without the help of a doctor? I don't have insurance right now and can't afford doctors visits and medicine so I'm looking for some natural ways to handle it. It is kicking my *kitten* right now and I can't seem to find energy to workout and I'm craving everything I know I shouldn't be eating, but can't seem to make myself stop.

It's taken me a month to figure out what was going on and need to get a handle on it quickly, so any help will be appreciated.

Replies

• splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Try maximum strength estroven or look for soy and black cohosh
  • emgs52
    emgs52 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not working out helped me,and lots of water.My Dr would not perscribed anything for me i guess cause of family heart history and she said exercise is the best treatment.:blushing: hot flashes get better in time
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

There is already a thread that might be of interest to you called Flame Dolls.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/197230-the-flame-dolls-menopause-support-group

Your questions might be answered on that thread. Hope this helps!
    K
  • Jlwebb07
    Jlwebb07 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am 47now, but when was in my early 30s I had to have a hysterectomy, for the first few years I used a prescription. However, I didn't like the way it made me feel. After doing some research I found the benefits of using natural herbs and vitamins and have not had any hot flashes or mood swings. I hope this will help you and your back to feeling good. Here is a list of what I take daily:

Flaxseed oil
    Evening primrose
    Black Cohosh root
    DHEA
    Vit. E

9013679.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • ladybugss
    ladybugss Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    bump thanks