My wife and I Adopted 2 little girls! Anyone else?

Options
BIGJIMMYU
BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
My wife and I adopted two little sisters! You should see how happy they are! One just said(on meeting our dog), "I can't believe we have a new dog and our own bathtub, this is great!"

Anyone else adopt kids?

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    They sound so cute! Congrats!! :)
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Very cool and exciting!!! Congrats :wink:
  • ginamaria724
    Options
    That's adorable, it's good to hear that they're already enjoying themselves :) I've always thought it'd be a wonderful thing to adopt a child. I'm not sure yet though, maybe one day :)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    omg awwww!
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You are my hero!!!!!! That is amazing!!!

I don't want kids of my own, but have always wanted to adopt!!! I hope one day I can do this and make a difference in someone's life!!! Either adopt, or be a foster parent!!
  • strawberry4377
    strawberry4377 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I adopted 3 girls 6 years ago. They are now, 13, 12 and 11.
  • katherinemm31
    Options
    OMG, that's awesome! How old are they?

I wish it were less expensive to adopt. There are so many needy kids out there. I know we have to protect children, but when it's easier to adopt from overseas than it is here in the U.S. there's something wrong with the system.
  • djlindstrom
    Options
    I think that's awesome that you adopted them. Never adopted myself, but at 16 gave up a baby for adoption.
  • dmchiz
    dmchiz Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My friend adopted a little girl from China (14 yrs ago today she was over there picking her up!) Are your girls from here or somewhere else? Just curious....I like the back story I think its so wonderful to give them a life they obviously wouldnt have had!
  • BIGJIMMYU
    Options

I wish it were less expensive to adopt. There are so many needy kids out there. I know we have to protect children, but when it's easier to adopt from overseas than it is here in the U.S. there's something wrong with the system.
    It is actually free to adopt here in Canada. But stringent background checks, classes and things of course. The girls are 12 and 9.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    Options
    I think that's awesome that you adopted them. Never adopted myself, but at 16 gave up a baby for adoption.
    That is the most special kind of love you can give!!! A happy life!!
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I haven't ever adopted, but I am on the other side of adoption....I'm a birth mom. I have a daugher that will be 13 this year, who I chose to give up for adoption when I was 17. It was an open adoption and I am still in contact with her today. Her dad (adopted) is the owner of one of my biggest suppliers where I work, and they live about 3 blocks from me. She's had an amazing and blessed life! I can't imagine things any other way than exactly as they are....if I had it to do all over again, I'd do it all the exact same way!

Adoption is an amazing thing! Congratulations on your girls!!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    That is so amazing!!! How adorable :)
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Wife and I are at the beginning of the process...

Filling out paperwork, soon to schedule a home study, etc... We can't wait, but will have to. Through the agency we're using the average wait is 18 months.

My sister is adopted, and I realize just how much of a blessing it is to everyone in the family.
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Awesome story my man!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options

Why can't you adopt within the US?
  • TinnedTuna
    TinnedTuna Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My wife and I adopted two little sisters! You should see how happy they are! One just said(on meeting our dog), "I can't believe we have a new dog and our own bathtub, this is great!"

Anyone else adopt kids?

I spent my whole childhood in care from the age of 3 up and went to some good and bad foster homes,
    It really sound like them too little girls are very lucky in having you and your wife.
    Believe me it make a massive difference having somewhere to call home and feel safe.
    your not just adopting them your probably saving there lives
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! I wish more people adopted older kids...hope to do it myself at some point (when I'm more stable)
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing thing to do.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    So sweet!! That's what I hope to do someday. Adopt 2 girls :)