Unsuccessful

Options
well I thinking I am suppose to be fat the rest of my life because I can't seem to say with anything. dieting , eating right or even fitness...

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    attitude is half the battle. get your chin up and stay the course. you are worth it and you can do it, but no one can do it for you. :flowerforyou:
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    If you want it bad enough, you will stick with it. No one can make you do it but you. You have two choices. A) Either feel terrible about yourself or B) Work out and stick to your plan. If you want it, you can do it.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    If you want it bad enough, you will stick with it. No one can make you do it but you. You have two choices. A) Either feel terrible about yourself or B) Work out and stick to your plan. If you want it, you can do it.

I agree with this.

Either you want it or you don't. Only YOU can decide where you stand. Only YOU can make the choice to stick with it or walk away from it.
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Change is not easy. At least, it isn't easy for me. In my opinion, a lot of it is mental. Meaning, if you think you can't, you are right and if you think you can, you are also right.

Try setting a small goal and keep that in mind and work toward it. When you reach that goal, set another one and keep going. And I'm not just talking about weight as a goal. A goal could be to eat one serving of vegetables at dinner each evening for a week or walking for 15 minutes three times a week. Keep building on the small goals.
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!! I have a hard time sticking to things too but I just get back on the wagon after a fall. Find what works for you. Find a physical activity you enjoy. There may be something you haven't though of or didn't think you would like. Try many new things until something clicks. The same with your food plan. What works for some may not appeal to you. Try new healthy foods. Do you like to cook? Make it an adventure to make favorite recipes more healthy? Do you hate to cook? Try frozen entrees. I really like Healthy Choice frozen meals. Hate veggies? Eat fruit! Just don't give up. Try, try again!!
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Your brain is doing exactly what you're telling it...I'll always be fat", "I can't lose weight"...change your thinking, that's half the battle. Change your habits goes a long ways too...
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    It sounds like maybe you had a bad eating day! Never fear. Tomorrow is brand new. We're on your side!
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Carlene, you sat there typing that negative post on your computer when you could have been researching delicious healthy meal plans for tomorrow.

Start using your time wisely.

Make plan and stick with it.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You just joined. Give yourself a chance.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    You have to want to lose the weight more than you want to eat and sit on your butt. This is a simple reality that is often overlooked for dieters. It's okay if you're not there yet, but you should give some long hard thought to it.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I see you joined MFP in March..... that means you must only have been here for 12 or less days - that's not enough time to say you are unsuccessful, so I don't believe you.

- Have you logged any meals since you joined MFP?
    - Have you done any exercise at all in the last 12 days?
    - Have you been more concious of what you're eating and whether its a healthier or not so healthy choice?
    If you've done any of these things even once, then you've been successful. The catch it that you need to keep on doing them.

My advice:
    - Even if you're finding it hard to stick to your calorie goal, keep logging your food.
    - Even if the scale doesn't go down, keep logging your food.
    - If you're only eating 1200 cals a day, then for your own sake, please change your goals to 1/2 pound a week. Sure, you might not lose weight as fast as you think you want to, but if you're setting up good habits, then you're well on your way.
    - Do SOME exercise, any exercise. 10 minutes walking on the spot or dancing like a mad thing is a good start.
    - Give it time.

Good luck!
  • MysteriousWays
    MysteriousWays Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    What are you doing and how long have you been doing it? Like - what are you eating? What is your exercise like? Is it that you give in to temptation and it's a slippery slope? Do you hate the exercise you are trying? Have you forced yourself to celery or salads? If you want you can PM me. I'm no expert as I struggle through a 2 year plateau - but I have to keep trying, you know? Thank you for reaching out. I've only been here a few months, and have silently taken advice from these forums....so I'm glad you are reaching out.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Don't make drastic changed - take baby steps. I don't know what everyone said, but this is VERY DOABLE. I am living proof of it - it takes time, willpower and dedication. Remember, that slow and steady wins the race. Don't make too many changes at once because you will drive yourself nuts - take baby steps. Attitude is very important!!! You can do this!!! Stay strong and determined. I will add you for extra support.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,672 Member
    Options
    You can stay with it if you want to.

Just do it and stop complicating it. Embrace discomfort, disappointment and imperfection and do better everyday. Each choice you make is an opportunity to get exactly what you want out of this life.

You are capable of this. More importantly, you deserve it.
  • tinlee
    tinlee Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I make mistakes pretty much every day. But then I try to do better at my next meal. It's better than just giving up.

Maybe pick a smaller goal to begin with, like reducing your sugar or carbs or increasing protein daily, walking daily. Then when you have small successes you'll feel more motivated to keep trying.
  • Partyofpugs
    Partyofpugs Posts: 105
    Options
    When you are 55 and on 9 medicines and every time you go to the Doctor they find something else wrong with you - then you might want it bad enough to make the changes and live! That's what finally got me going for good this time. I have children and grandchildren and I'm not ready to die in my 60's like my parents. Get counseling to deal with your issues. It might help you a lot. Do it while you are young. You will enjoy your life more. No one is destined to be heavy. But weight loss is very hard work and a lot of determination. Only you can decide where to find those things in yourself. Check out Weight Watcher's program or TOPS. Do the program in person, not on line. You will find the support, accountability and kick in the butt you need. Good luck.
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Change is not easy. At least, it isn't easy for me. In my opinion, a lot of it is mental. Meaning, if you think you can't, you are right and if you think you can, you are also right.

Try setting a small goal and keep that in mind and work toward it. When you reach that goal, set another one and keep going. And I'm not just talking about weight as a goal. A goal could be to eat one serving of vegetables at dinner each evening for a week or walking for 15 minutes three times a week. Keep building on the small goals.

This!!!! Before you know it you will string some good choices together, then some good days together, then some good weeks together. Not to say you will not fall short sometimes but the thing is that you try. How many people on here went for years without caring or even trying???? I am one. You clearly care or you would not have broached the subject. Step 1.....done!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    You can sit there and feel sorry for yourself or you can do something about it. Change happens from within first.
  • christinajohnson
    christinajohnson Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Change is difficult. I deal with this everyday. I have had a hard time, but I am making better choices everyday. Mentally beating yourself up over it only reinforces the idea that you will never get where you want to go. The way I see it, if nothing changes, then, in fact, nothing changes.
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right.
    - Stewie Griffin

Joking-face aside, this is really true. Your mindset is inherently responsible for your desire to succeed or your desire to fail. You didn't read that wrong neither - by telling yourself you 'think you're supposed to be fat', you're giving yourself the desire to fail. You want to fail. And you've used your situation as an excuse.

I'm not trying to be mean. It's just that I used to be in that situation and thought there was no way out. I'd justify my lifestyle by demeaning myself. It's not a happy place to be.

All you have to do is say 'yes' to the things you want and know that nothing is out of your reach. Your ability to change is and has always been in your hands and your hands alone.

Take control of the situation. Don't let the situation take control of you.