Jazzing up plain greek yogurt

Options
chelso0o
chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
What do you guys add to plain greek yogurt? I just bought a big tub of it (mostly because I use it instead of sour cream, and this was the only size they had) and need to use it up!

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is to take a bunch of blueberries and microwave them until they are basically a liquid (add sweetener if you'd like). Then I either add cinnamon or cocoa powder, and mix with the yogurt. Yum!
  • gaia3rd
    gaia3rd Posts: 151
    Options
    I like a drizzle of honey, or some berries, or I'll mix 2 oz of flavored yogurt with 4-6 oz of the greek, maybe throw in 1/4 cup of muesli for some crunch.
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I do 125grams of plain 0% greek with 75g of 0% vanilla greek and then add some frozen blueberries...or fresh if in season. I just can't eat it totally plain and I find the vanilla is too sweet.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I'd probably add honey and blueberries if I bought the plain one.
  • caddygarcia123
    caddygarcia123 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    O love putting fresh blueberries and peanut butter in it !!
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I just had a tsp of nutella mixed with Greek yogurt, and sliced bananas on a slice of toast.
  • tangie82
    tangie82 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    granola and fresh strawberries and blueberries.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • lisao62
    lisao62 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i've recently tried an envelope of hot cocoa mix mixed with plain yogurt over strawberries
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    sugar free syrup and Kashi Go Lean cereal!
  • EnjoyTheSpin
    Options
    Go buy Amazing Meal Chocolate infusion + Greek yogurt+ 1/2 banana + 1/2 T almond butter. It's heavenly AND healthy!
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    You can swirl in some canned pumpkin puree (the kind by Libby's) along with pumpkin pie spice and a touch of agave nectar for a sweet treat :)
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I use plain organic greek yogurt almost every day in different ways: 1 cup 1% organic milk, with vanilla protein powder, frozen berries ( strawberry and blueberry, using a blender. If I have it I use sugar free raspberry syrup from Sam's Club, last time I've been there they didn't have it, but that really brings out the flavors! Plain yogurt with other fruits when in season. Berries are the lowest in carbohydrates, but fresh peaches and nectorines are yummy! :tongue:

Nina
  • mscags1
    mscags1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kokominkayka
    kokominkayka Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like adding mandarin oranges or blueberries.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    For a salad dressing, or sauce for chicken, add fish sauce, lime, fresh coriander, palm sugar to taste.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    i second the cocoa powder comment :o) it's SO FREAKIN YUMMY! Tastes like a real treat. I bought the kind that has no sugar added (swiss miss) and add strawberries to it.
  • mscamellia
    Options
    I like to add half of an aussie bite cookie (the ones from Costco) crumbled and some chopped figs, and sometimes adding some chopped walnuts is good too!
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    YUM! So many good ideas!!!! Thank you guys!!!
  • emilystamp
    Options
    Low-fat granola and fresh (or frozen) berries. Make my own "parfait" every morning. I love the frozen Welch's Mixed Berry Blend. So good and there is never any question of getting a poor pick and they don't go bad in a week. :)