going over

Options
So I planned out tomorrows meals and went over fiber, protein (by quite a bit), vitamin c, and iron.. are going over these nutrients OK?

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    No problem with any of those that I can see.
  • lilyjaney2
    Options
    Same for me... I don't see a problem with going over, I mean they are good for you, right? :)
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, the more protein & fiber, the better. Protein & fiber are harder for your body to digest, therefore, you feel full longer & it naturally increases your metabolism. I aim for at least 100gm of protein/day.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    All good stuff to go over on!
  • Partyofpugs
    Partyofpugs Posts: 105
    Options
    I'm in a clinical trial and meet with a nutritionist once a month to go over my diary. She always says that I'm doing the smart thing by going high on protein and fiber. She encourages me to have protein with every meal and snack. I find combining those holds my hunger back the best. I try to stay under every day on fat and sodium. I think the protein and fiber levels are too low here.
  • DecemberNick
    DecemberNick Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I was just in a clinical trial too and they told me the same (high protein/fiber, low fat). If I'm particularly active though I'll make sure to eat a bit more fat since it's still an essential nutrient.
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the high fibre and protein comments.

Just make sure to drink enough water to help process the extra fibre!