Cupcakes...

Options
meana717
meana717 Posts: 261 Member
I'm addicted.. anyone have some great cupcake recipes? I've made the Spice cake mix with a can of pumpkin... and I've done the cake mix with soda... but I need something more!! :) TIA!

Replies

• deedeeb1993
    deedeeb1993 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the pumpkin with devils food cake mix?

My coworkers love it. Even the ones not watching their calories. They can't believe its low cal.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/07/pink-lemonade-confetti-cupcakes.html

Pink Lemonade Confetti Cupcakes
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 24 • Size: 1 cupcake • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 3 pts
    Calories: 97.4 • Fat: 2.3 g • Carbs: 17.3 g • Fiber: 0 g • Protein: 1.0 g • Sugar: 9.8
    Sodium: 103.7 (without salt)

Ingredients:

18.25 oz box confetti cake mix, I used Duncan Hines
    2 1/2 tsp powdered sugar-free pink lemonade mix
    1 cup water
    1 tbsp vegetable oil
    1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
    lemon zest from half of a lemon
    2 drops pink food coloring (optional)
    confetti sprinkles, optional

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake tins with 24 paper liners.

Stir together the water and pink lemonade powder. Combine the cake mix, pink lemonade mixture, applesauce, lemon zest, food coloring and oil in a large bowl and with an electric mixer, mix until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.

Pour the batter into the prepared cupcake pans. Add sprinkles if using and bake in the oven for 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean.

Cool completely on wire racks before serving.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Pineapple Angel Food Cupcakes

1 box Duncan Hines Angel Food cake (add water only kind)
    1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple in its own juice.

Mix dry cake mix and pineapple together (no water). Fill cupcakes 2/3 full. Place batter in fridge between batches and it bakes better. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 min or golden brown.

Delish and only 69 calories each, fat free! I put the nutritional content in the food data base under "generic pineapple angel food cupcakes". Enjoy!
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Both of those recipes sound YUMMY...def going to try them!
  • lorazaruba
    lorazaruba Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    These are great & it only makes two so it's a nice little treat :smile:

http://www.brettbara.com/baking/recipe-two-exactly-two-chocolate-cupcakes/
  • mirfan25
    mirfan25 Posts: 45
    Options

These look so good! Wonder how many calories?
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, all your recipes and suggestions sound amazing... I can't wait for CUPCAKES!!!
  • goddessofcake
    Options
    I am an owner of a cupcake shop... There was a gal that came in that wanted me to estimate the calories in one of our cupcakes. We said "thou shall not count calories in a cupcake shop. My suggestion to help make them more healthy for you is to (for scratch recipes) use a sugar subsitute like xylatol (my fave). Dentist approved acts and tastes like the real deal with out the funky aftertaste. Also sub oil for apple sauce is another good one. Recipes that call for oil give a moist cake compared to recipes that contain butter. Apple sauce will give you a VERY moist cake :)

Dana
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options

Thanks for posting this!
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I am an owner of a cupcake shop... There was a gal that came in that wanted me to estimate the calories in one of our cupcakes. We said "thou shall not count calories in a cupcake shop. My suggestion to help make them more healthy for you is to (for scratch recipes) use a sugar subsitute like xylatol (my fave). Dentist approved acts and tastes like the real deal with out the funky aftertaste. Also sub oil for apple sauce is another good one. Recipes that call for oil give a moist cake compared to recipes that contain butter. Apple sauce will give you a VERY moist cake :)

Dana

No sugar added applesauce makes awesome baked goods!
  • luckygirl111
    Options
    Yum! Thanks for the ideas!