what's your goal weight if you are 5ft 4 inches?

Options
oEmmao
oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
hey guys, just saw a similar post, was wondering what your goal weight is?

i am first aiming for 146 which i think is the highest i should be, but was wondering what others are or are hoping to be

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I am only 5ft and I think ideally for my height the spectrum is 105-120 so I think your height/weight # is fine. :drinker:
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I am only 5ft and my goal weight is 105 lbs.
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    i'm 5ft 4in and my weight fluctuates between 110 and 115 depending on the time of day, time of month and all those other random factors that make your weight fluctuate
  • daisylou
    daisylou Posts: 118
    Options
    I am 5'3 and my goal weight is 125 and I am only 3 1/2 lbs away. I am pretty happy though where I am. I would LOVE to be 125 by the end of august.
  • kasuki
    kasuki Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 4" and I am maintaing at 120 lbs. Need to do some tone up work though.
    Karen
  • bjstrong
    bjstrong Posts: 11
    Options
    I am 4'10" and I am aiming at 105-110. Most of it deals with how you feel in your clothes. All my weight is right in my stomach so I have trouble with my clothes fitting. Stress is my biggest problem in where my weight settled. Oh... and the kids!
  • kaja
    kaja Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2 and i'm aiming for 130 at first and then 120lbs.

Got a long way to go though.
    Well done to everyone who is so close to their goals or reached them already.
  • nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Im 5'3 and currently 118lbs. Im shooting for 115.
    I figured those "trouble spots" probably weigh about 3 lbs or so..LOL
  • eurestemari
    Options
    I am 5' 1" and I am aiming for 112 and I'm half way there. Once I get there I guess I will see if I am happy or need to get down to 105.
  • margaretthedevil
    Options
    Seriously, I believe that everyone is different so I wouldn't go by other people's figures. Find what will work for you. I always found height to be a rather poor indicator of what someone's ideal weight should be, especially for women as we all come in different shapes and sizes. :wink: Once you get to your goal you should decide for yourself if you're happy with where you're at fitness and health wise.
  • tori_anne
    tori_anne Posts: 28
    Options
    Seriously, I believe that everyone is different so I wouldn't go by other people's figures. Find what will work for you. I always found height to be a rather poor indicator of what someone's ideal weight should be, especially for women as we all come in different shapes and sizes. :wink: Once you get to your goal you should decide for yourself if you're happy with where you're at fitness and health wise.

I totally agree with this ^_^ Your bone structure has a lot to do with it too I think. 130 pounds and 5'4 can look completely different on someone with a large bone structure and a small bone structure.

I think it's a good idea to judge by how you feel you look rather than numbers (:
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and right now my goal weight is 140, on my high end of the healthy BMI for my height. I think once I get to 140 though, I'd like to be 130-135.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options

I totally agree with this ^_^ Your bone structure has a lot to do with it too I think. 130 pounds and 5'4 can look completely different on someone with a large bone structure and a small bone structure.

I think it's a good idea to judge by how you feel you look rather than numbers (:

Not only bone structure but how much muscle we have. I know for me I looked smaller at 120 than at 115. Because I worked out and toned rather than just trying to get to the smallest number on the scale I could get to. Even my stomach looks better. So don't just think you need to have that small number.
  • mouser79
    mouser79 Posts: 68
    Options
    I'm 5ft 5 and am aiming at 135
  • justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and I am going by body fat %. My goal is to be at around 20% body fat. I got a caliper for $20 and it has really helped me figure out the ideal for me. Everyone is different and by finding out how much a person's lean body mass is and how much body fat they are carrying around, they can then figure out how much body fat they need to lose to be in a healthy range. Based on what I have read, unless you are an athletic woman, your body fat % should be between 20-25%.

With my height, I weighed 150lbs which my doctor had told me was on the higher side of "normal," however, when I got my body fat tested, I was 33% body fat, which is almost obese. And that was at 150lbs! Everyone is different. It is not about a number on a scale, or a particular size. It is about avoiding high cholesterol, heart disease, arterial hardening, stroke, diabetes, etc. The nice side effect is that yes, I am down to a size 4 and my scale says I am 124lbs. And yes, I feel more energetic and feel better about how I look in clothes. I am down to 25% body fat even though I now look thin. My goal now is to get to 20% body fat and to GAIN 8-10 lbs of muscle. :happy:
  • OhLaceyOh
    OhLaceyOh Posts: 30
    Options
    im 5'9 and im aiming towards 130-140
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    im 5'9 and im aiming towards 130-140

I think you're going to be WAY too skinny if you aim for that! :noway: I'm 5'7" and 149 and have almost everyone I know telling me I'm getting too thin and not to lose any more weight! So if you're 2 iches taller, you'd be a string bean at 130! :noway:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    i'm going for 155-160lbs and less than 20% body fat-- I will look like I weigh much less because of the muscle.

I am also 5'4.

I am currently 26% body fat and 177lbs

Yes I want to the scale to go down but I really want my fat% to go down thats my goal
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4'' and I believe the broad range of "healthy" is from 118-145. I'm aiming for 138 cause it was my high school weight where my body sat comfortably with no efforts. Will I get to 138? No telling. Having a kid changed my body in a lot of ways. Still my goal. I will be happy to hit 145.
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for all your replies guys

i am 167.2 at the moment, and according to my BMI i should be loosing another 20 pounds

sometimes i want to get to 146, which is the highest i should be according to BMI and sometimes i think i should be 136, so its nice to get some perspective

:flowerforyou: