I can't eat my calories on exercise days. Vegetarian problem

Options
I've been having a really hard time eating my calories back on days when I go to the gym. Do I need to eat them back? I'm not hungry and don't want to force feed myself. I don't eat meat, so unless I'm eating insane amounts of cheese or bread, it is hard to make up the deficit. I haven't lost much weight, but I've been getting visibly smaller (lost 1.5 inches from my neck, woohoo!)

I wonder if I'm calculating my workouts correctly. I use the number that the machine tells me I've burned, which is usually way less than what MFP defaults to. Maybe I'm not actually burning that many calories, which would explain why I don't feel as hungry and worn out as I should?

I've opened my diary up. Know that I went on a trip last week and stopped tracking because it was a pain to track while eating out and being fed by family.

Replies

• littleline9
    Options
    I don't know, I've been having this problem too, and I'm a vegetarian in college. I know that it's unhealthy for your deficit to be below 1000 definitely, and I've heard that you really shouldn't go under 1200. An easy way to get in two hundred calories without eating a lot if you aren't hungry is a couple tablespoons of peanut butter.
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I do not eat my exercise calories burned. (for the most part anyway) I have read that you can and you will have better weigh ins. I have heard some ppl eat only half of them back too.
  • yippeewoo
    Options
    Maybe I just need to increase my ice cream consumption. I need the calcium, right?
  • llarsen29
    llarsen29 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Nuts (almonds are great) are an easy way to add in healthy calories. I frequently add them as a snack in the middle of the day if I know I won't hit my calorie goal (I eat around 1300 per day). I'm also vegetarian.