is this my problem?!?!

Options
so i have been having issues with hunger. it is possible for me to stay at my 1400 callories a day goal and be done. i have lost 5 pounds this way. i have been recenly wondering though... am i a bindge eater?! On more than one occasion i eat... and eat... and eat. I have joked around saying "oh i know how to trick my body into eating however much i want" i eat super fast and feel like i havent eaten anything after a whole meal. These past 2 months i have been better about this but it is SO HARD! There are times where i say "forget it, im going to eat because *excuse*" then i eat a whole bunch because my stomach hasnt registered that i have eaten anything. :/ i never realised this before that it could be a problem.... because eating fast is just how i always have eaten... does anyone else have this problem? and if so what do you do to stop it, or what have you done to stop it if thats possible.

Replies

• TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    I'm a horrible binge eater! I feel nauseous right now as we speak, cause I binge on sugar!! It's sick and tiring. Hopefully someone has some good tips :P
  • MrsSassyPants
    MrsSassyPants Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure. I know I can eat much more than I need. Slow down...eat untill you are 80% full. Wait for 15 minutes and so and you'll probably feel full. Hope this helps.
  • TurnLeftNow
    TurnLeftNow Posts: 171
    Options
    I think it really depends. You might just be a fast eater. If you are saying within your calorie goals and not going hundreds of calories over on a "binge" then you are pretty safe. Of course I could have misread the post.

Binge eating is so hard to deal with. I have been having really horrible binges lately. Would love to hear advice and support for this.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    several ways

1. Drink a lot of water with your meal. Tell yourself a quarter of a bottle per food item or bite or one drink per bite etc.

2. Put the fork down. Seems simple because it is. Each bite, put your fork/spoon/knife or if its something you are holding put it down. Chew....Swallow... Drink water.

3. Have a conversation while eating. While doing the above.

Yes I have / had that same problem I am usually the first to finish my food but mainly because I am eating half as much as every one else.
  • a5sk1ck
    a5sk1ck Posts: 21
    Options
    Sneak 30-60 mins of exercise in. I find exercise to be a powerful curber of appetite. I usually find myself binging and feeling like a bottomless pit when my metabolism is in hyperdrive and I just skipped exercise. It's worse on day 2.

I heard Weight Loss hypnotherapy also works.